Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
route66dan

Drives: 2002 Corvette
Advert/Adjustments fee?

Hello;
I'm new to this forum. I just ordered a new Camaro 1LT RS. The dealer is selling it to me for invoice price. When he was keying it in there was an advert/adjustments charge of $545 that was added in along with the $850 destination charge. I had anticipated the destination charge, but the advert came out of nowhere. It was on the GM screen he was ordering on. His explanation was that it was on all GM cars and it was GM's way of charging for their advertising costs. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I haven't seen this charge anywhere before.
Thanks
danny
route66dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
Sounds fishy. I ordered on 16 July, and wasn't on mine. Checotah, Oklahoma. Easttom Chevy.

Mine was $500 over invoice. About the same price, but they we at least up front about it.
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Just tell this jack a$$ to take a good looking at you because this is the last time you will ask[ tell] him that you are not going to pay for it ! I already said this once ,it is like you go to by some beef and the butcher says , MR RIPPERFOX the beef that you are looking for is $8.56/LB and there is a 59 cents fee/lb for ad/ on you local paper, TO WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE SAID ....F U GET THE POINT NOW?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
I would call BS and walk away. Go to a different dealership, that just seems like a way for them to get extra money out of you. I didn't pay anything like that on my contract.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #5
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Wow. Exact same thread that is already being discussed. YES, the advertising fee is a legit fee from GM that is in the invoice. That is why the invoices are different for each region. Go to truecar.com and when you input your zip it will give you the true invoice price including advertising fees.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66dan View Post
Hello;
I'm new to this forum. I just ordered a new Camaro 1LT RS. The dealer is selling it to me for invoice price. When he was keying it in there was an advert/adjustments charge of $545 that was added in along with the $850 destination charge. I had anticipated the destination charge, but the advert came out of nowhere. It was on the GM screen he was ordering on. His explanation was that it was on all GM cars and it was GM's way of charging for their advertising costs. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I haven't seen this charge anywhere before.
Thanks
danny
The advertising fee is legit and is already added into the cost of the car. The invoice for the car breaks down the costs of the car and the advertising fee is part of the break down. Now before freaking out and walking away do some number crunching.

Take the invoice and add the $850 destination charge. Does this equal the price they gave you? If so then everything is fine. If not then it's time to ask your salesman wtf. You're already paying for it once so you do not need to pay it again.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #7
route66dan

Drives: 2002 Corvette
OK, Thanks. I'll check it out.
route66dan is offline   Reply With Quote