Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 07-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #126
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Yeap scratch Savini off my list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
That left front wheel doesn't look good. The rear one seems about normal from what I've witnessed. Not sure how Savini could have missed that front one being off that much...twice.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #127
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
That left front wheel doesn't look good. The rear one seems about normal from what I've witnessed. Not sure how Savini could have missed that front one being off that much...twice.
The rear one he said was VERY marginal. In his opinion he'd have them replace it. But the left front he said is gonna start to mess up my suspension and needs to be replaced period.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #128
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
The rear one he said was VERY marginal. In his opinion he'd have them replace it. But the left front he said is gonna start to mess up my suspension and needs to be replaced period.
Has Savani contacted you yet?

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #129
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Hmm....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #130
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.White@PeddersUSA.com View Post
Has Savani contacted you yet?

mike
Nope. Nick let me know he'd check on the TPMS sensors that got switched. But that's all.

From all indications, they are not real happy with me. I've sent them back twice. The first time paid for by me. NOT cheap. This last time it was gonna be to have the left front wheel fixed but I wanted them ALL looked at so they took them all back and I guess never looked at it. Or overlooked it somehow. OR it is good enough for Savini standards.

All I want is wheels that work. And considering how much I paid for these, I'm a little shocked that they have spent all of this money taking them back and having them looked at, mounted and balanced and shipped back to me and still overlooked this.

MY CAR VIBRATES AND IT'S THE WHEELS............. Every, and I mean EVERY shop I've been to here, and that includes 4 shops, have told me it's the wheels. And this morning they PROVED it to me.

Last edited by PQ; 08-04-2010 at 06:49 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #131
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Do you know what barrels the out side are, I think there using 5054 not 6061
Old 07-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #132
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I guess the redneck shops in ALABAMA actually do know a little bit. I am so sorry for you, maybe Savini can and will fix this problem for you Randy. But like others have said scratch them from the list. The BS you have had to go through with these wheels is absolutely horrible.

One thing is for sure alot of people are looking at this thread to see what the vendor and the person who sold you these wagon wheels is going to do.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #133
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
I guess the redneck shops in ALABAMA actually do know a little bit. I am so sorry for you, maybe Savini can and will fix this problem for you Randy. But like others have said scratch them from the list. The BS you have had to go through with these wheels is absolutely horrible.

One thing is for sure alot of people are looking at this thread to see what the vendor and the person who sold you these wagon wheels is going to do.
I have never judged a shop by their location, and size. I can tell you in the Pedders organization, there are some very SERIOUSLY talented shops in the middle of no where, that have off the charts knowledge, ability, and experience. the old saying never judge a book by its cover?

This has been a great thread for a lot of reasons. It has documented pretty darn good, the processes of determining and identifying a vibration concern. This may help others down the road. Fortunately, I do not think there are Camaro vibrations concerns as other platforms out there have. Thats a good thing.

mike
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #134
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Do you know what barrels the out side are, I think there using 5054 not 6061
What dos it matter?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #135
PQ

Quote:
I have never judged a shop by their location, and size. I can tell you in the Pedders organization, there are some very SERIOUSLY talented shops in the middle of no where, that have off the charts knowledge, ability, and experience. the old saying never judge a book by its cover?

This has been a great thread for a lot of reasons. It has documented pretty darn good, the processes of determining and identifying a vibration concern. This may help others down the road. Fortunately, I do not think there are Camaro vibrations concerns as other platforms out there have. Thats a good thing.

mike
Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #136
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Fingers crossed for a happy ending.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #137
Info@PeddersUSA.com

The forum must agree with you. The thread got moved to wheels and tires now!

PQ, you have shown very serious patience thru all of this. My hat is off to you sir.

mike
Old 07-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #138
PQ

Quote:
The forum must agree with you. The thread got moved to wheels and tires now!

PQ, you have shown very serious patience thru all of this. My hat is off to you sir.

mike
I'm just totaly confused. All the money they spent shipping them back and forth and testing and mounting and balancing they could have replaced them by now. I've never asked for replacements and I've tried to accept them with tolerance. Even convinced my own self that part of the problem was fixed this time. Knowing inside that it wasn't due to the shaking. Was even willing to have the rest of the car looked at trusting that they had fixed them.

One part that really irks the hell out of me is they seem to be pissed at me. Like I'm a big pain in the ass. I didn't ask for this. I just want wheels that are round.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #139
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Hey PQ, I got a pair of black 21" GM wheels that I will sell you real cheap

J/K. That sucks bad. Such good looking wheels. It's a damn shame.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #140
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
"Good Tire Shop" and Alabama can't seem to be used in the same sentence. Randy has had a tough time finding any place worth a damn in his area.
Tony
Quote:

mike
Mike,

I was not referring to you when I said that rather that Nine Ball, Tony.

What really really REALLY irks me is this. People from around the world look at people from Alabama in a different light and by Tony's statement he must believe it.

They ( Tony and Savini) have done nothing but put the blame on others in this whole process, True they did try to FIX the wheels. You have got to be kidding me, FIX the wheels. The first time they got the wheels back and saw that there was a problem they SHOULD have REPLACED them at no expense to Randy.

I don't know what he paid for them and really it doesn't matter if they were 20.00 they should have been right.

IF Tony sold them then he should have taken care of the problem, he is kinda like the "Dealership" we often hear so much about. IF Savini was worth their salt they would have fixed this from the beginning.

I can promise you this, as many people who are on this forum, who like Randy and Bonnie, and read these threads, I think Savini and Nine Balls days of rim selling is short lived.

Would you give them the money for some rims after this? I think not, especially after the way that this has been handle.

If I had a set of rime I would drive them to Mobile and Give them to Randy just so that he could have his car the rest of the summer and it not sit on jack stands or have a vibrating car.

Savaini should get another set of rims and tires with TPMS and send them to Randy as fast as they could make them and ship themat no cost to Randy. This man has had the patience of Job. He has not blasted anyome just looking for answers, he even let his car sit for a while maybe thinking it was his car. To say that I am upset is an understatement, but I am upset for Randy.

This is why we by these cars, to mod them and enjoy them and you can not do that with the car vibrating or sitting on jack stands.

I know people have tried to help, me included. I went to every tire store around here and asked about what the problem could be, and it was the same thing that he found out today.

Savini, Nine Ball. Get this man some wheels.

ok enough rant
Old 07-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #141
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Mike,

What really really REALLY irks me is this. People from around the world look at people from Alabama in a different light and by Tony's statement he must believe it.

They ( Tony and Savini) have done nothing but put the blame on others in this whole process, True they did try to FIX the wheels. You have got to be kidding me, FIX the wheels. The first time they got the wheels back and saw that there was a problem they SHOULD have REPLACED them at no expense to Randy.

I don't know what he paid for them and really it doesn't matter if they were 20.00 they should have been right.

IF Tony sold them then he should have taken care of the problem, he is kinda like the "Dealership" we often hear so much about. IF Savini was worth their salt they would have fixed this from the beginning.

I can promise you this, as many people who are on this forum, who like Randy and Bonnie, and read these threads, I think Savini and Nine Balls days of rim selling is short lived.

Would you give them the money for some rims after this? I think not, especially after the way that this has been handle.

If I had a set of rime I would drive them to Mobile and Give them to Randy just so that he could have his car the rest of the summer and it not sit on jack stands or have a vibrating car.

Savaini should get another set of rims and tires with TPMS and send them to Randy as fast as they could make them and ship themat no cost to Randy. This man has had the patience of Job. He has not blasted anyome just looking for answers, he even let his car sit for a while maybe thinking it was his car. To say that I am upset is an understatement, but I am upset for Randy.

This is why we by these cars, to mod them and enjoy them and you can not do that with the car vibrating or sitting on jack stands.

I know people have tried to help, me included. I went to every tire store around here and asked about what the problem could be, and it was the same thing that he found out today.

ok enough rant

Hey, no worries, I took no offense or even thought you were directlng this to me.

thanks
mike
Old 07-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #142
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Hey PQ, I got a pair of black 21" GM wheels that I will sell you real cheap

J/K. That sucks bad. Such good looking wheels. It's a damn shame.
I shoulda listened. No doubt. :(

Quote:
Mike,

ok enough rant
Thank you for having my back man. It does suck.

Tony has been shut out by Savini in this process too. He has gone to bat for me pretty hard lately. They are basically stonewalling him as well. They basically say they were fine when they had them Total joke. The left front is the one that was in question the most. If you go back to my wheel thread you'll see that the vids still match up pretty good. Same problem. Same wheels.

On the Alabama quote that Tony made, it was an inside joke that goes back to the beggining with Big Ten Tires scratching my wheels and me running around mobile to every tire shop and parts store not having the lugs. And me not being able to get any good info here localy. I made a joke to him about it and he just followed. Just wanted to clear that up. Tony didn't mean anything crappy by it. Sorry for the confusion there.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #143
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2011 Camaro SS
Dr Jekel, I'm sure Randy appreciates your interest here. I am just as frustrated as you are, and I also feel sort of helpless here. I've been in contact with Savini during this entire ordeal, and have suggested they just refund Randy numerous times. They will not. If Savini was my own personal company, I'd gladly take my flawed products back and make the customer happy. I'm just the middle man here. Randy picked the brand, style, finish of these wheels. I helped him pick the sizing and offsets, and used my LLC Tax ID to facilitate the purchase. This issue is 100% a manufacturing issue, what can I do about this? Please don't place the blame on me, I've been trying to do what I can here.

I've never experienced wheel issues like this in my life. Savini claims to have never experienced them like this before either. It doesn't take a business marketing genius to tell us that a simple refund from Savini would end these issues immediately. For some reason, they wish to prolong this ordeal and keep the problem going.

Also, it is important to note that this started out as a promotional/marketing deal. Every cent that Randy sent to pay for those wheels went to Savini. It was not a typical retail sale through me. I've gained nothing here, and Randy has only gained a set of wheels that are a pain in the ass. Savini has the ball in their court here.

Your suggestions of "get this man some wheels" aren't that easy. Like I stated previously, these were custom built for his car. The waiting time for a set like this is nearly 2 months. They are not off-the-shelf. Personally, I'd rather get Randy a refund and move on. Hell, it might even make these threads get deleted.

www.DV8Motoring.com
Forged Wheels & Customs
PM's disabled, please email Tony(at)DV8motoring.com for quicker response.
Nine Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #144
PQ

Quote:
Dr Jekel, I'm sure Randy appreciates your interest here. I am just as frustrated as you are, and I also feel sort of helpless here. I've been in contact with Savini during this entire ordeal, and have suggested they just refund Randy numerous times. They will not. If Savini was my own personal company, I'd gladly take my flawed products back and make the customer happy. I'm just the middle man here. Randy picked the brand, style, finish of these wheels. I helped him pick the sizing and offsets, and used my LLC Tax ID to facilitate the purchase. This issue is 100% a manufacturing issue, what can I do about this? Please don't place the blame on me, I've been trying to do what I can here.

I've never experienced wheel issues like this in my life. Savini claims to have never experienced them like this before either. It doesn't take a business marketing genius to tell us that a simple refund from Savini would end these issues immediately. For some reason, they wish to prolong this ordeal and keep the problem going.

Also, it is important to note that this started out as a promotional/marketing deal. Every cent that Randy sent to pay for those wheels went to Savini. It was not a typical retail sale through me. I've gained nothing here, and Randy has only gained a set of wheels that are a pain in the ass. Savini has the ball in their court here.

Your suggestions of "get this man some wheels" aren't that easy. Like I stated previously, these were custom built for his car. The waiting time for a set like this is nearly 2 months. They are not off-the-shelf. Personally, I'd rather get Randy a refund and move on. Hell, it might even make these threads get deleted.
For your sake, I might could handle that. I appreciate the attention on this.

But if it's a refund, instead of a good set of wheels at this point, I'd raise hell to delete this. No was Savini gets this swept under the rug. They have basically said if you buy wheels from us and we mess them up, your screwed. Sure, with the help of Nick, they brought them back, but they basically told Nick to piss off as well. Because it was a show. NOT a genuine effort to fix them. These guys here in Alabama are laghing their ass off at these high priced wheels.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #145
Savini
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Savini
Hey guys,

We have taken every measure in our ability to make these wheels right. We got the wheels back, tested them, replaced parts that were marginal (free). Got them back again w/tires, there was physical damage on two hoops, we replaced them (free), road force balanced the wheels and tires, tested it on another Camaro (all free), and there was no vibration.

I am not trying to point fingers... Im just trying to find an answer. We have basically build new wheels with all the new parts that have been replaced... not because they were bad, but because they werent perfect. And assuming we built new wheels, who is to say they wouldnt vibrate?

I would say, that we easily have 200 sets of wheels on Camaros and have never had an issue that we couldnt fix.... nothing even close to this extent. We have spent a ton of money and time trying to make these right... why would we do all that and send a product out that was still going to vibrate?

Randy and I have spoken numerous times as well as other moderators on the board. I only have suggestions to offer at this point.
Savini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #146
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: yummy
PQ, did you miss the box that said " straight wheels" when you ordered.

Sorry this really does suck. It's a shame that you spend that kind of money for a high end product and this is how you get treated. If you would of bought walmart spinners instead they would have made it right.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #147
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I have been on the other side of this as a manufacturer. Our goal is to make the customer happy and not refund the money because when we refund money we have truly failed. Every manufacturing company is going to have issues with product. Anyone that says they have not or will not is kidding themselves. It happens and as a manufacturer we should fix it.

Every manufacturer also has unreasonable customers. Anyone that says they have not or will not is kidding themselves. When this happens we do everything we think we should do and then try again. Sometimes you cannot win.

I see nothing unreasonable in the thread. Then again it is not my product or company so what right do I have to an opinion. I am guessing that Savini will step up and handle this.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #148
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2011 Camaro SS
I already stated several times that I'd refund Randy his $4000 out of my own pocket. So, your stern lectures aren't required here. If I have to eat $4,000 you can bet it will cost Savini far more in the long-run. I have deep connections in the aftermarket automotive world and automotive media. My customers are always taken care of, I've been doing this for a long time.

www.DV8Motoring.com
Forged Wheels & Customs
PM's disabled, please email Tony(at)DV8motoring.com for quicker response.
Nine Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #149
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
I already stated several times that I'd refund Randy his $4000 out of my own pocket. So, your stern lectures aren't required here. If I have to eat $4,000 you can bet it will cost Savini far more in the long-run. I have deep connections in the aftermarket automotive world and automotive media. My customers are always taken care of, I've been doing this for a long time.
I am sorry that my post was less than clear. I was in no way questioning you or your actions. In fact I feel for you being in the middle. I was stating what I thought to be the obvious. If you are in manufacturing you are going to have manufacturing issues and for the most part most manufactures step up and do the right thing.

All my posts in the thread have been directed at finding the problem in a cost effective way. It was never my intention to point a finger at anyone. Sorry.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #150
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
I still have this pic around...