Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #251
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
there's a few of us here in hawaii that know what our VINs are. and we know all our cars were shipped right around the same time, (late may early june)ish. the manager at the dealership i ordered from said my car is at event code 4800, that was last week friday. now we have no clue where the cars are due to the shipping across the ocean issue. is there anybody that could help figure out where my car is? i want to know if it's still docked on the west coast, if it was boarded on to a ship, or maybe with luck already here in hawaii. if anybody can help me, PM me and i'll give you the information you need to track. thanks
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #252
Mmketeer

Drives: '99 Z28 Black w/ T-Tops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnalou View Post
Guess what pal??? You and I ordered from the same dealership! I sure hope we are not waiting on the same car? SIM 2LT/RS....
Really? LOL! Small world. Actually I ordered a Black RS/2SS. I ordered my car on May 10th in Hudson and it went to Broadcast June 5th. When did you order yours?
I think the guy we ordered from is good, just maybe a bit overly optimistic as he was leading us to believe we'd have our car by July. I don't see that happening since it hasn't even gone into production yet. But, if for some miracle he's right, I'll eat my words and sing his praises here like crazy.
Mmketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #253
Ginnalou

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmketeer View Post
Really? LOL! Small world. Actually I ordered a Black RS/2SS. I ordered my car on May 10th in Hudson and it went to Broadcast June 5th. When did you order yours?
I think the guy we ordered from is good, just maybe a bit overly optimistic as he was leading us to believe we'd have our car by July. I don't see that happening since it hasn't even gone into production yet. But, if for some miracle he's right, I'll eat my words and sing his praises here like crazy.
I too sat in the SIM in the showroom and they tried to sell it to me, but what a mess that was, plus the car had some scuffs on the inside, so I declined, I wonder now if I did the right thing. I have been dealing with the guy that actually orders the cars. My salesman was so annoying that I did not get the one on the floor. I won't deal with him anymore, only the manager. He swears my car is built and in QC......I really hope he is telling us the truth.
Ginnalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #254
Ginnalou

I ordered dec 12 at maher...cancelled that...ordered at castriota may 12.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #255
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Not only did the guy at GM speak English...he gave me his direct number so I can call anytime and check status on the car. He didn't give me a status code, just that it was an accepted order. He also said that the dealer would have more information...blah blah blah. The dealer said I was at 3400. Do they just say anything just to shut you up? I HATE this game.

What dealer did you order through ? I've been playing the game with Autoway on 19 .... Took 2 weeks to get an answer if my order was in their system. I still don't have any kind of conformation of an order sheet or printout of anything. I too hate playing this game.
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #256
Ginnalou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
What dealer did you order through ? I've been playing the game with Autoway on 19 .... Took 2 weeks to get an answer if my order was in their system. I still don't have any kind of conformation of an order sheet or printout of anything. I too hate playing this game.
I ordered at Castriota in Hudson
Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #257
BMBLBEE
What a sweet ride!

Drives: Drives a sweet 2010 2SS RY 6mn
If any of you have ordered your Camaro this year and are already at 3400 or above, you are very fortunate..... I ordered mine 11-4-08 and am still only at 3400!!! I just talked to someone today here in town, and he said he had to wait 8 weeks, poor guy..... I still don't understand what is going on? My dealer only had 6 allocated and I am number 4. He received #3 about 3 weeks ago and said I should have mine by end of July, we'll see. I don't understand how people are getting theirs soooo much faster?
BMBLBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:58 AM   #258
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
I got an e-mail today saying my order was in. They gave me a production week, but I don't know if that was an estimate or what. I know they just accepted the order yesterday (2000) so I don't see how I could be at 3300 already.

Anyone have any insight?
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #259
Mmketeer

Quote:
I too sat in the SIM in the showroom and they tried to sell it to me, but what a mess that was, plus the car had some scuffs on the inside, so I declined, I wonder now if I did the right thing. I have been dealing with the guy that actually orders the cars. My salesman was so annoying that I did not get the one on the floor. I won't deal with him anymore, only the manager. He swears my car is built and in QC......I really hope he is telling us the truth.
You did the right thing. I know it'll be worth the wait! Besides, we aren't that far behind others that placed their order before we did. Everytime I start getting really impatient I find a thread on here of someone else that ordered before me that's in the same boat. Makes me feel better, though I am sure it makes them unhappy to see everyone else getting their car.

I have been speaking with the inventory manager there. But, ever since he said it was built and I couldn't get a vin number from him I have been on the phone to GM's customer service. From what customer service told me, my car is "in line" to get on the production line though they couldn't at the time give me a timeline . I thought I'd call GM again tomorrow (Tues) and see if it's made it to the production line yet since it's been a week since I last called. If it has been put into production, I should be able to get the inventory manager to give me a vin. If GM customer service still tells me the same story, then I give and won't bother calling anyone till after the plant comes back from their vacation.

UPDATE- I just checked with GM customer service and my car has just hit the production line! I am soooo happy!!! Ginnalou, have you checked on yours? I know you ordered yours only a few days after me.

Last edited by Mmketeer; 07-02-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #260
Mmketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBLBEE View Post
If any of you have ordered your Camaro this year and are already at 3400 or above, you are very fortunate..... I ordered mine 11-4-08 and am still only at 3400!!! I just talked to someone today here in town, and he said he had to wait 8 weeks, poor guy..... I still don't understand what is going on? My dealer only had 6 allocated and I am number 4. He received #3 about 3 weeks ago and said I should have mine by end of July, we'll see. I don't understand how people are getting theirs soooo much faster?
I know it is frustrating as their doesn't seem to be a real rhyme or reason as to when the cars or produced and delivered. I ordered one back in October and it turns out the place I ordered from never got any allocations, so I just reordered in May. Ugh! But, this car will be worth it!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #261
Mmketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Okay this sounds a bit to familiar to me. I ordered a camero back in October from a dealer, who all the way up until the unvailing of the 2010 car assured me that my car was ordered. DH and I were the second at the dealership to order and even had to tell the salesman what was being offered on the car etc., so trust me he knew who we are and the fact that we called every month to check on the status. But, it turns out the car was never ordered.

May 9th, I finally checked with another dealer who is famailar with their inventory and they told me the place I ordered from did not get any allocations. The new place I ordered from gave me a order number, a print out and took a deposit. If Autoway has not done that, I'd say don't waste any more time and go somewhere else.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #262
edge

Drives: 2002 Z28, 2010 ss2/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikSkip View Post
Nice photo. Are you going to be posting a similiar shot of your 2010? Not preaching, just asking.
sounds like preaching to me; or maybe you were looking for the "not very funny, thinks he's a comedian" thread?
edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #263
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
No I didn't... 1-800-222-1020

Your dealer must be blind. If he knows that your event code is 3800, then he should see your VIN right next to it.

Forgive my not catching this before elsewhere (I'm sure this is not the first time the info on the 800# has been posted), but at what status does your car need to be at before they can look up info on your order, and what info do you need to provide them for them to look it up?

My salesman at Classic will look it up for me when I call him, but what can I say, I feel bad about calling him every week or two for updates when I know it wont be here for a while still, and I'm too anxious not to

Thank you!
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #264
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSS View Post
Forgive my not catching this before elsewhere (I'm sure this is not the first time the info on the 800# has been posted), but at what status does your car need to be at before they can look up info on your order, and what info do you need to provide them for them to look it up?

My salesman at Classic will look it up for me when I call him, but what can I say, I feel bad about calling him every week or two for updates when I know it wont be here for a while still, and I'm too anxious not to

Thank you!
They should be able to look it up at any time. All you need is your 6-digit alpha-numeric WORKBENCH confirmation number. i.e. NGSW6T as shown in mine above.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #265
Ginnalou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmketeer View Post

You did the right thing. I know it'll be worth the wait! Besides, we aren't that far behind others that placed their order before we did. Everytime I start getting really impatient I find a thread on here of someone else that ordered before me that's in the same boat. Makes me feel better, though I am sure it makes them unhappy to see everyone else getting their car.

I have been speaking with the inventory manager there. But, ever since he said it was built and I couldn't get a vin number from him I have been on the phone to GM's customer service. From what customer service told me, my car is "in line" to get on the production line though they couldn't at the time give me a timeline . I thought I'd call GM again tomorrow (Tues) and see if it's made it to the production line yet since it's been a week since I last called. If it has been put into production, I should be able to get the inventory manager to give me a vin. If GM customer service still tells me the same story, then I give and won't bother calling anyone till after the plant comes back from their vacation.

UPDATE- I just checked with GM customer service and my car has just hit the production line! I am soooo happy!!! Ginnalou, have you checked on yours? I know you ordered yours only a few days after me.
Same old song and dance....he says I am at 3799 ha ha SWORE to me my car was built
Old 07-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #266
CyberDude

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS and ZR2 Blazer
Sorry, I moved my question to another thread. Not sure this would have been the right one.

Last edited by CyberDude; 07-05-2009 at 07:49 PM.
CyberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #267
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
Could someone answer a few questions on R6P, the VIN and a spare tire?

I found the exact Camaro that I was going to order next week on the camaro.spasticsquirrel.com database. It's showing an add date of only a few days ago and it's a few hours away from my location. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if it's already sold.

The database is showing a VIN of almost 23,000 and it was an R6P order. Does this mean it was a pre-order and might have been bayed for months because of a problem and now has a high VIN number? I don't want one of the first 15,000 Camaros made because of the problems that I'm hearing about in the other threads.

Secondly, the window sticker is showing it has no spare tire. Don't they all have spares? It's a 2SS/RS with polished rims. Below is from the window sticker.

DISCOUNT OPTION PACKAGE
TIRE & WHEEL SPARE - DELETE
TIRE SEALANT & INFLATOR KIT IN PLACE OF SPARE TIRE

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
No, the VIN isn't issued till the car is built so 23,000 is up there. R6P means it may already be spoken for unless the original pre-orderer bailed on it.
Negative on the spare tire; that's an option.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #268
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
They should be able to look it up at any time. All you need is your 6-digit alpha-numeric WORKBENCH confirmation number. i.e. NGSW6T as shown in mine above.
Thanks, called & they told me to call my dealer
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #269
AMXDAVE

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LTRS
Hey small world; I ordered a 2ltrs from Castriota on 5-15-09, they still had the SIM in the showroom, didn't try to sell me that one, just took order and deposit. the salesman said 6 to 8 weeks but could be sooner. had to order th 6, no more 8's available to order. They won;t give me any straight answer (or anything I feel comfortable with), was told 6-9-09 the car was built and in guality control will have it by the first of july. Then 6-26-09 at least another month, finds out its not even built yet. I really don't have a problem with the amount of time to get it, just don't lie to me,,, Anyway guess there are a few of us in the same boat, from the same dealer. Good luck to all.
AMXDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #270
AMXDAVE

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LTRS
Castriota has a web page for there inventory. It is showing a 2SSRS in black, might be the one Mmketeer has on order
AMXDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #271
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMXDAVE View Post
Hey small world; I ordered a 2ltrs from Castriota on 5-15-09, they still had the SIM in the showroom, didn't try to sell me that one, just took order and deposit. the salesman said 6 to 8 weeks but could be sooner. had to order th 6, no more 8's available to order. They won;t give me any straight answer (or anything I feel comfortable with), was told 6-9-09 the car was built and in guality control will have it by the first of july. Then 6-26-09 at least another month, finds out its not even built yet. I really don't have a problem with the amount of time to get it, just don't lie to me,,, Anyway guess there are a few of us in the same boat, from the same dealer. Good luck to all.

Has anyone else heard this?
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #272
bringard

Drives: Red Jewel
LITTLE HELP ON (NKZFG1) THANKS
bringard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #273
Mmketeer

Quote:
Castriota has a web page for there inventory. It is showing a 2SSRS in black, might be the one Mmketeer has on order
Your good!!
DH asked the inventory manager about that and he said it is the their inventory that comes from GM for their built cars. Every morning they have to have some poor guy go into their inventory system and pull out these cars so they don't get calls on them all day long with people thinking they are avialable to purchase. They better not give my car away to someone else! LOL!

I do know my car is built, my dealer just has a strange process they do where they don't give you the vin number until the car gets on the rail car, that way the dealership doesn't have to pay for the car right away or something like that.

Iam getting close now though! Wahoo! Hoping for the vin number next week!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #274
Mmketeer

Quote:
Same old song and dance....he says I am at 3799 ha ha SWORE to me my car was built
No worries, unfortuanlty the plant is closed this week which is putting us all a bit behind on getting our cars. But, I bet your order is just waiting to get on the actaual assembly line. I think they have some sort of pre-production line. Your close. I was just there not to long ago, but GM finally said my car made it on the line last Thursday and I believe them.
My guess is I should be getting a call from the inventory manager next week to start the financing process. I guess they do it a little wierd at our dealership where the built cars actually get on the railcars to come down here to Florida before our dealership actually takes possesion of the vin numbers. Which I am assuming means that once we get called in to do the financing, the dealership has the vin number and possiably even the car in. Wouldn't that be cool. Makes it harder to track the event codes like everyone else is doing, but at this point if I can get my car by the end of July I'll be estatic.
Hoping to find out more on this next week if they call me. Anyway, crossing my fingers for you, maybe you'll get the news that your car is actually on the line and being assembled next week. I think you said you had a "in" at GM customer service, so maybe check with them next Tuesady and Thursday. For instance last Tuesday GM said I was were you are at in the process and then when I checked back on Thursday last week, bam-o it was on the line!

Last edited by Mmketeer; 07-09-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #275
Mmketeer

Quote:
Small world in deed! LOL!
I am praying that I'll be getting the call to come into the dealership next week to do the financing and then I'll be able to better give you and Ginn a idea on the process. So far I ordered the day after mother's day and GM says my car is built. The inventory manager truely belives I'll have my car by the end of July, so maybe a bit over 8 weeks will be about right. If so, compared to where some people on here are in the process our orders are flying through. We'll see, but I am staying positive.