Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
esipp

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM A6
Question Buying advice

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a month while researching a new car, and have settled on a Camaro (specifically a 1LT/RS CGM A6 w/ black stripes). I already went for a test drive but won't be buying until the end of August, and I have some questions about what I should do at that time:

1. I just graduated college, moved, started a new job, and joined a credit union all between May and June. I have to wait until August 23rd to apply for a loan at the credit union (60 days after I joined), so how likely am I to get approved for their lowest rates? If I don't get approved, should I try an online lender or just go through the dealer? (My credit score was >720 last time I checked but I also have >$25K in student loans, and just moved and started a new job.)

2. I have a friend whose Dad works for GM, so I can get the friend's discount code, but can't I also get the college grad discount? Or are these the same discount, under "GM Preferred Pricing"? The supplier price through gmautobuilder.com is $27,108, and the invoice price through truecar.com is $27,053, so would these discounts get me anything IF I were to get a dealer to sell at invoice?

3. When I'm ready to buy/order, besides the price quote, what other questions should I ask dealers? Are they planning a dealer trade or factory order? If they have immediate allocation for an order? ...anything else?

If I can't find a good dealer and price locally, then I'll consider BeckyD (sorry CamaroScotty, but Becky is close to Ann Arbor where I could go back for a football game when picking up my car).

Sorry this got kind of long, but any and all responses are appreciated! Thanks!
esipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by esipp View Post
Hey all,

I've been lurking for a month while researching a new car, and have settled on a Camaro (specifically a 1LT/RS CGM A6 w/ black stripes). I already went for a test drive but won't be buying until the end of August, and I have some questions about what I should do at that time:

1. I just graduated college, moved, started a new job, and joined a credit union all between May and June. I have to wait until August 23rd to apply for a loan at the credit union (60 days after I joined), so how likely am I to get approved for their lowest rates? If I don't get approved, should I try an online lender or just go through the dealer? (My credit score was >720 last time I checked but I also have >$25K in student loans, and just moved and started a new job.)Student loans shouldn't count against you as long as your payments are current.

2. I have a friend whose Dad works for GM, so I can get the friend's discount code, but can't I also get the college grad discount? Or are these the same discount, under "GM Preferred Pricing"? The supplier price through gmautobuilder.com is $27,108, and the invoice price through truecar.com is $27,053, so would these discounts get me anything IF I were to get a dealer to sell at invoice?Supplier discounts are applicable to all other incentives, rebates, and programs.

3. When I'm ready to buy/order, besides the price quote, what other questions should I ask dealers? Are they planning a dealer trade or factory order? If they have immediate allocation for an order? ...anything else?DO NOT tell them you are using the Supplier discount or they will @#$% you on your trade-in. Have them throw in some free stuff like oil changes with Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil, a car cover, or whatever you can get also. THEN pull out the Supplier Discount code. Then they can't change the price on you to make up for the free stuff!!!

If I can't find a good dealer and price locally, then I'll consider BeckyD (sorry CamaroScotty, but Becky is close to Ann Arbor where I could go back for a football game when picking up my car).Take me with you!!! GO WOLVERINES!!!

Sorry this got kind of long, but any and all responses are appreciated! Thanks!
You're Welcome!!!
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Best advice I can give you , before you pull the trigger , is contact Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet , and save some $$$$$

Her link:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93327

Yeah, someone might beat by a couple of dollars, but it's the service that counts after the sale!

I dont know the rule on multiple discounts, but credit union, USAA , etc , ask for it all if it applies
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
I like Michigan games!! What a blast if you can come to pick it up. I love meeting customers from out of state. But, if that doesn't work for you, I can always have it sent to you. Let me know if I can be of help.
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, buying, dealers, financing