Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

View Poll Results: Has something broken under launch control or hard start?
Yes, and the dealer fixed it under warranty 2 28.57%
Yes, and I paid out of pocket for a new stock part 0 0%
Yes, and I paid out of pocket for an aftermarket part 0 0%
No problems here! 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
For those of you who used launch control or otherwise hard starts . . .

I'm trying to gauge the number of people who have had something break and if they were covered under warranty. I'm not sure if this is some epidemic or if it's just a small group of people.

I'm kind of worried that I might snap an axle or something trying to use launch control so maybe I should beef up the driveline as I go . . . but that voids warranty and it would be really nice to not have to pay out of pocket just to use stock power.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I believe that if you break a stock part using a feature that comes with the car from the factory they'd have to cover it. There is a video of the Corvette team talking about launch mode and how using it does NOT void warranty.. I think it would be the same for this car. Now, if you had a car that was upgraded to the point of those stock parts not being able to handle the stress that might be a different story.