Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
info on stereo

http://www.dm-holdings.com/eng/newsr...80812_549.html

if u read it it talks about a DSP amplifier anyone know what that is
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
Visteon will be making the amp that powers up those Boston Acoustic speakers as said in the article. I went to their site and found this

http://www.visteon.com/products/automotive/dsp.html

Visteon's Digital Signal Processing (DSP) System enhances reception performance and optimizes a vehicle's listening environment using sound equalization and audio delays. Visteon customizes this control for individual vehicles to provide the most favorable acoustic environment. Via variable noise- and interference-reducing filters, DSP provides an audio system that adapts continuously to maximize reception conditions.

Benefits

# Personalizes sound options for driver, rear seat or all passengers by giving the consumer the ability to control sound image based on seating location.
# Rejects adjacent stations for improved reception and overall sound quality by minimizing the audible effects of FM multi-path distortion using adaptive DSP algorithms.
# Introduces appropriate time alignment of signals to provide the best possible sound stage, which improves overall sound quality.
# Enables computerized configuration of the audio system based on each vehicles' unique interio

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
I remember when GM stereos were all Delco amps and stereos that powered o.k. base speakers or Bose speakers and now we are bringing in Visteon which is a Ford spin-off.

http://vroomvroom.wordpress.com/2007...ture-vehicles/

Until Ford spun off Visteon as a separate, barely financially viable company a few years ago, it was pretty much the exclusive supplier of in-vehicle entertainment systems for Ford cars and trucks. More recently, most Fords have had a common Delphi-manufactured head unit installed from the factory. Now comes word that Ford has signed a deal with Sony to offer the latter’s audio systems.

The first vehicle to be equipped with a Sony branded stereo system will be unveiled next week at the New York Auto Show. Since the Ford Flex (the production version of the Fairlane concept) will be shown there, it will likely be the first Sony-equipped Ford. This isn’t the first Sony offering for Ford, with limited edition Focus models having been available previously and several European models including the Mondeo, C-Max and others offering Sony equipment currently.

I wish we had an option for a system for the Camaro like the ones they offer in Audi vehicles or BMW vehicles.

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
swifttal
Man, this guy's a d!*k

Drives: '91 Z-28, '94 BMW 540i
Sick!
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Glad we aren't getting Sony......

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
It sound to me like the classic rock I love will sound pretty fricking good in my new 2010 Camaro SS2/RS. Since I am old school I don't really get too wrapped up in who makes the speakers and who makes the amplifier.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote