Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
camaro99

 
camaro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Angry Dorothy 2SSRS Bl/Bl LS3/GFX
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawkesbury/1 hr South-E of Ottawa/Canada
Posts: 1,897
Cool GM SUPER CHARGER COMMENTS

Has anyone had the GM super charger installed yet and if so , is it all what it supposed to be !
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Riderover40
 
Riderover40's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 647
It is the same as I put on my SS only it is the SLP kit. It is all is is supossed to be !! I am at 546 RWHP !
__________________
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
camaro99

 
camaro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Angry Dorothy 2SSRS Bl/Bl LS3/GFX
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawkesbury/1 hr South-E of Ottawa/Canada
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
It is the same as I put on my SS only it is the SLP kit. It is all is is supossed to be !! I am at 546 RWHP !
Thats cool so bout 625-650HP at engine?
and is your GM warranty affected and your insurance premium higher as a result?
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Allanski
Turbo 427 LSX Vert
 
Allanski's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS IOM Convertible 427 LSXTurbo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Burlington Ontario Canada
Posts: 670
Was it a dealer install? Pricing?
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
franknbeans
Whipped
 
franknbeans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh-ish - PA
Posts: 4,116
the GM one they are selling is 10k+ for the parts. . . I like the clean look, but for that price, NO WAY IN HELL would I buy it.
__________________
The "ManCard"

franknbeans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
sstphoenix
 
sstphoenix's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
Thats cool so bout 625-650HP at engine?
and is your GM warranty affected and your insurance premium higher as a result?
ouch thats damn expensive for the return.
but headache free.

chaqun son gout right?

my advice if your even thinking about it.... dont say a word about the charger to your insurance.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
christcringle

 
christcringle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/2011 Pacecar/2011 LS/ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mtl,Qc,Canada
Posts: 815
Send a message via Skype™ to christcringle
Hey guy check Edelbrock E-Force same patter easy to fit same trouting and hose.
6500$ us
For the HP I tell you next week
If you are insterested I get special price for 5 unit install
__________________
Member ¨'' Club Elite '' #99
christcringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
woodbridge camaro medic
 
woodbridge camaro medic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black/Greystrp Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: woodbridge, Ontario
Posts: 23
Did you originally get your car from macmaster chevrolet? just wondering thats where my car is from.
__________________
Woodbridge Camaro Medic
woodbridge camaro medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
camaro99

 
camaro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Angry Dorothy 2SSRS Bl/Bl LS3/GFX
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawkesbury/1 hr South-E of Ottawa/Canada
Posts: 1,897
No . Got car from Quebec dealer !
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
Octaneman

 
Octaneman's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary,AB
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
It is the same as I put on my SS only it is the SLP kit. It is all is is supossed to be !! I am at 546 RWHP !
Hi, I believe the op is referring to the new GM supercharger that is also used on the ZR-1, it has a different configuratin then the TVS 2300, the one that slp sells, I was told, but have not confirmed, receive it from Magnuson, although SLP probably supply their own tune.

We have an SLP 575 that is in our shop now for upgrades, and its identical to the Magnuson kits, - although one thing surprised me, they DID NOT pin the Crankshaft...that is a shock to me, I don't know if they forgot or do not install it with their kits. The Magnuson kits all come with crank pinning kits, which is imperative for extra safety to eliminate the harmonic balancer from slipping on the crankshaft.

Cheers
__________________
Steve
www.davenportmotorsports.com
2014 Camaro Z28 - Black, on order with A/C
2014 Camaro Z28- "RED HOT" arrived, played with and sold
2014 Camaro ZL1- "RED HOT" received - stage 6
Octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
Chief Mario
 
Chief Mario's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1, on order..
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec, QC
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
Has anyone had the GM super charger installed yet and if so , is it all what it supposed to be !
Hi, I'm in Ottawa as well , let us know if you go ahead with the supercharger. I am seriously thinking of doing the same but not sure exactly what system to use and who to trust (knowledgeable) in the region to put it in.

Cheers!

Mario
__________________
Chief Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #12
69 Rebel

 
69 Rebel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laval, Canada
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Mario View Post
Hi, I'm in Ottawa as well , let us know if you go ahead with the supercharger. I am seriously thinking of doing the same but not sure exactly what system to use and who to trust (knowledgeable) in the region to put it in.

Cheers!

Mario
Mario choosing a SC is not easy but at the same time it's not rocket science. I'm getting mine installed on Monday, i did a lot of reading here on C5 the place you want to start is the FORCED INDUCTION thread ask alot of questions and read read read.

As for choosing the right shop i would say call all the performance shops in your area and ask them how many super chargers they have installed on 2010 Camaros. Don't go to a shop that you will be their first SC on Camaro install (guinea pig). Go to meets around your area and talk to alot of guys.

As for myself i called every performance shop in my area and couldn't find anyone that had installed a SC in a Camaro, so i decided to go to someone that has installed hundreds of SC on Camaros. Jannetty Racing
And very knowledgeable on these cars, and what it takes to make them go FAST

Good luck with your journey.

As for the GM SC i would wait till a few guys actually install them to see the numbers, as for right now everyone agrees overpriced.
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #13
camaro99

 
camaro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Angry Dorothy 2SSRS Bl/Bl LS3/GFX
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawkesbury/1 hr South-E of Ottawa/Canada
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post
Mario choosing a SC is not easy but at the same time it's not rocket science. I'm getting mine installed on Monday, i did a lot of reading here on C5 the place you want to start is the FORCED INDUCTION thread ask alot of questions and read read read.

As for choosing the right shop i would say call all the performance shops in your area and ask them how many super chargers they have installed on 2010 Camaros. Don't go to a shop that you will be their first SC on Camaro install (guinea pig). Go to meets around your area and talk to alot of guys.

As for myself i called every performance shop in my area and couldn't find anyone that had installed a SC in a Camaro, so i decided to go to someone that has installed hundreds of SC on Camaros. Jannetty Racing
And very knowledgeable on these cars, and what it takes to make them go FAST



Good luck with your journey.

As for the GM SC i would wait till a few guys actually install them to see the numbers, as for right now everyone agrees overpriced.



Exactly... and is the purpose of this thread!!

I want to keep my car GM genuine but I had to laugh when I opened the genuine GM boxes only to find "Made in Korea" on my plastic (60$/pair) not metal Red SS badges for my fenders!

Must be from North Korea since they're ...red
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
Chief Mario
 
Chief Mario's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1, on order..
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec, QC
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post
Mario choosing a SC is not easy but at the same time it's not rocket science. I'm getting mine installed on Monday, i did a lot of reading here on C5 the place you want to start is the FORCED INDUCTION thread ask alot of questions and read read read.

As for choosing the right shop i would say call all the performance shops in your area and ask them how many super chargers they have installed on 2010 Camaros. Don't go to a shop that you will be their first SC on Camaro install (guinea pig). Go to meets around your area and talk to alot of guys.

As for myself i called every performance shop in my area and couldn't find anyone that had installed a SC in a Camaro, so i decided to go to someone that has installed hundreds of SC on Camaros. Jannetty Racing
And very knowledgeable on these cars, and what it takes to make them go FAST

Good luck with your journey.

As for the GM SC i would wait till a few guys actually install them to see the numbers, as for right now everyone agrees overpriced.
Thank you, excellent advice, I will follow your suggestions and do some homework.

Cheers!
__________________
Chief Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
010 Camaro SS

 
010 Camaro SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,493
Shifted Perceptions in Oakville Ont seems to be a good garage for
S/C units...Guys no what there doing...I e mailed and got prices
last week...Check there website...They are a vendor here...
Been doing a little checking myself...
010 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #16
Riderover40
 
Riderover40's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 647
McMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbridge camaro medic View Post
Did you originally get your car from macmaster chevrolet? just wondering thats where my car is from.
Got mine there !!
__________________
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #17
Riderover40
 
Riderover40's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 647
GMPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octaneman View Post
Hi, I believe the op is referring to the new GM supercharger that is also used on the ZR-1, it has a different configuratin then the TVS 2300, the one that slp sells, I was told, but have not confirmed, receive it from Magnuson, although SLP probably supply their own tune.

We have an SLP 575 that is in our shop now for upgrades, and its identical to the Magnuson kits, - although one thing surprised me, they DID NOT pin the Crankshaft...that is a shock to me, I don't know if they forgot or do not install it with their kits. The Magnuson kits all come with crank pinning kits, which is imperative for extra safety to eliminate the harmonic balancer from slipping on the crankshaft.

Cheers
GMPP has a kit for the Camaro, an SLP branded MP2300. Exactly the same Maggie I had put on by Livernois but the livernois kit is different in that Livernois does the tune and adds 60# injectors....SLP supplies a tuner. The GMPP kit was 10K before installation!! For 10K US I got the complete from CAI to exhaust tips SC mod !! Of course taxes are paid at the border coming back into Canada if/when you inform the customs agent that you made purchases!! lol

Did alot of research...... Livernois was the best choice at the time, couldnt find a shop anywhere near me that had put a SC in the Camaro.
__________________
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #18
Riderover40
 
Riderover40's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
Thats cool so bout 625-650HP at engine?
and is your GM warranty affected and your insurance premium higher as a result?
Ya, backwwards calculation at 15% loss from flywheel to wheels 547 divided by.85 is about 643 HP at the engine!!......The GM Global warranty language is specific about making changes like this one and about tuning the ECM but I approached my dealer to be safe and after I showed them my shop choice, the hardware choice (same as the GMPP SLP kit) they gave me thumbs up. I have my salemans email saying so.

Be careful with insurance, read my post.
__________________
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #19
camaro99

 
camaro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Angry Dorothy 2SSRS Bl/Bl LS3/GFX
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawkesbury/1 hr South-E of Ottawa/Canada
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
Ya, backwwards calculation at 15% loss from flywheel to wheels 547 divided by.85 is about 643 HP at the engine!!......The GM Global warranty language is specific about making changes like this one and about tuning the ECM but I approached my dealer to be safe and after I showed them my shop choice, the hardware choice (same as the GMPP SLP kit) they gave me thumbs up. I have my salemans email saying so.

Be careful with insurance, read my post.
Thanks for feedback .
I guess most go to specialty shops instead of having a GM SC with dealer install due to cost and expertise.

However, it may save 2-3k to avoid GM and dealer excessive prices but if anything blows, then it may be an initial worthwile expense.Lets be honest, anyone with a 625 hp vehicle is going to go to the track fairly often and will probably have a few problems down the road .
I want to go with a GM dealer that installed a few SC's and then go for it!

A friend is getting his SC done this week...edelbrock e force at a friends speed shop . Its basically the GM SC!

Keep the info coming!
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #20
christcringle

 
christcringle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/2011 Pacecar/2011 LS/ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mtl,Qc,Canada
Posts: 815
Send a message via Skype™ to christcringle
I check with 2 dealer the price
First one 12959$
Second one 10367,40$
Install 30 to 35 hrs X 85$

Very $$$$
__________________
Member ¨'' Club Elite '' #99
christcringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #21
camaro99

 
camaro99's Avatar
 
Drives: Angry Dorothy 2SSRS Bl/Bl LS3/GFX
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawkesbury/1 hr South-E of Ottawa/Canada
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by christcringle View Post
I check with 2 dealer the price
First one 12959$
Second one 10367,40$
Install 30 to 35 hrs X 85$

Very $$$$
OUCH! which dealers??
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #22
christcringle

 
christcringle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/2011 Pacecar/2011 LS/ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mtl,Qc,Canada
Posts: 815
Send a message via Skype™ to christcringle
First one near me

and second one where I take my car
__________________
Member ¨'' Club Elite '' #99
christcringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #23
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by christcringle View Post
I check with 2 dealer the price
First one 12959$
Second one 10367,40$
Install 30 to 35 hrs X 85$

Very $$$$
30 hours......
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #24
christcringle

 
christcringle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/2011 Pacecar/2011 LS/ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mtl,Qc,Canada
Posts: 815
Send a message via Skype™ to christcringle
Hey Supercharger EDELBROCK 10400$ install for camaro5 familly

In the price one Dyno before and after + 1 regular tune
__________________
Member ¨'' Club Elite '' #99
christcringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #25
christcringle

 
christcringle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/2011 Pacecar/2011 LS/ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mtl,Qc,Canada
Posts: 815
Send a message via Skype™ to christcringle
My camo yesterday
Attached Images
   
__________________
Member ¨'' Club Elite '' #99
christcringle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 2009 Camaro starring role in Transformers Movie! Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 336 06-26-2013 04:28 PM
Super Charger prices $$$ rex113 Forced Induction - V8 24 01-05-2010 01:18 PM
Smartest Battery Charger in the World!!! southerncarparts Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav 0 12-04-2009 07:35 AM
Shelby Super Snake KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 18 07-23-2007 07:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.