Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Solo Performance LS3 Mach-X Exhaust Kit

Solo Performance is proud to offer the Mach-X exhaust kit for the LS3 Camaro.

The Mach-X Cat-Back kit uses 2.5" mandrel-bent T409 stainless steel pipes with our T304 stainless steel Mach-X muffler (T304 inside and outside). The muffler was designed and engineered differently than most other X-style mufflers. The inner compartment is split into four different chambers, each with ceramic fiber and stainless steel wool packing. It is a true "X" design and creates a low pressure system, while the four chambered design ensures the packing won't break apart and change the sound and efficiency over the years. It is a dual 2.5" in and 2.5" out design. GM needed to get around some clearance issues and had some flat spots in the exhaust. Our design has eliminated all flat spots and is a mirror-image design, unlike the GM factory system. The differential gave GM a hard time accomplishing this, but we painstakingly have. The tips are 4.5" round, double-walled and beveled, cut on an angle to compliment the rear fascia.

Price: $749 SHIPPED
Install: Direct Bolt-On (instructions are attached at the bottom of this post)

Mach-X Video

Pictures

Please call me (Steve) at 516-655-9002 anytime to order.

Also, please see the video compilation link in my signature for even more videos of our exhaust kits.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Instructions for MACH X Exhaust KIT BUYERS.doc (82.0 KB, 161 views)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
http://www.solo-performance.com

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 12-03-2009 at 10:34 PM.
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
GOINGSOLO2

To accommodate the GFX kit, we offer rectangular tips with these kits. The tips will come unattached with an extra section of straight pipe for each side at no charge. Your installer can weld the tips on as far in or out of the GFX outlets as you like. The tips look like this:

goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 03-02-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
GOINGSOLO2

BUMP!
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
Stay Marine
Finally home!!

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS; in transformation
Are you all coming out to C5F in April? Will likely be that long before I have 700 bones laying around.

Would be radical if you all had a set up and could do before and after runs....
Old 01-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
Are you all coming out to C5F in April? Will likely be that long before I have 700 bones laying around.

Would be radical if you all had a set up and could do before and after runs....
I have passed this information along to the owner. It looks like something that could be worthwhile. We will have to see if it is something we can do. Thanks for the heads up. It is much appreciated!
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
GOINGSOLO2

We have kits in stock and ready to ship...give em a call anytime at 516-655-9002 to place your order or to ask any questions you may have. Have a great day
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
I can't wait till Spring when I can finally wake my baby up and again hear the sweet sound of my Solo's singing in the breeze! Till then I'll just have to remember the sound the last time I had her out before her hibernation!
ssmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Crap, everytime this thread gets bumped, I'm hoping it's another group buy.

CPanther95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
Crap, everytime this thread gets bumped, I'm hoping it's another group buy.
LOL Unfortunately it won't be on group buy any time soon. That was an introductory promotion to get some kits out to forum members and to spread the word about Solo Performance. We have, though, kept the price the same, even with the rising cost of stainless steel...and currently don't plan on raising it if we can help it.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
CPanther95

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
LOL Unfortunately it won't be on group buy any time soon. That was an introductory promotion to get some kits out to forum members and to spread the word about Solo Performance. We have, though, kept the price the same, even with the rising cost of stainless steel...and currently don't plan on raising it if we can help it.
I know it's still a good deal, I'm just looking for an excuse to accelerate my upgrade timeline - or more accurately, my wife's timeline - and a deal would force her hand.

I should have told her it was a $1000 upgrade, then she wouldn't be able to pass up the $750 deal.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #11
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
I know it's still a good deal, I'm just looking for an excuse to accelerate my upgrade timeline - or more accurately, my wife's timeline - and a deal would force her hand.

I should have told her it was a $1000 upgrade, then she wouldn't be able to pass up the $750 deal.
LOL We get that a lot. Usually modding the car means getting the wife's approval on funds also. We are not going anywhere, so whenever you are ready, just give me a shout.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #12
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2010 1SS RS CGM
Quote:
You could tell her it's worth well over $1000 (that way you wouldn't be lying!)

2012 2LS - I'm back in BLACK!
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #13
CPanther95

The situation seems to have worked itself out. I was listening to some youtube exhaust videos and my wife came downstairs - thought she was going to tell me to turn it down. She watched a few and said, "That's what I want our car to sound like - the sooner the better."

So if Solo has weekend hours, I'll be placing my order this weekend - before she has a change of heart, or priorities. Otherwise, I'll be getting it first thing Monday.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #14
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
The situation seems to have worked itself out. I was listening to some youtube exhaust videos and my wife came downstairs - thought she was going to tell me to turn it down. She watched a few and said, "That's what I want our car to sound like - the sooner the better."

So if Solo has weekend hours, I'll be placing my order this weekend - before she has a change of heart, or priorities. Otherwise, I'll be getting it first thing Monday.
You can call me anytime this weekend. I always have my phone on me and I would be happy to take your call Call me anytime at 516-655-9002. Thanks again for your interest ans support.

Steve Mariano
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #15
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Quote:

Wow, that's great when your wife actually gets excited about mods you want to do on your Camaro! My wife doesn't show much interest but she did "approve" after I installed my Mach-X! You will LOVE this exhaust!
ssmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #16
GOINGSOLO2

BUMP!
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
paulunited
paulunited

Drives: 2010 2ss silver
I wantt to do muffler delete.Is there any way to buy axle back section of the mach x.Not fond of resonator on your axle back system.
paulunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #18
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulunited View Post
I wantt to do muffler delete.Is there any way to buy axle back section of the mach x.Not fond of resonator on your axle back system.
You are near Buffalo? Sent you a PM.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 02-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #19
CPanther95

Lovin' this exhaust. Great note and just the right amount of volume to not annoy the neighbors - with the option of letting out a roar if you do choose to annoy them.

BTW - just went to Midas for install because I had no experience with local shops. They charged $84.00 for install and hooked up my skip shift eliminator at the same time for no additional cost. They said it was one of the easiest cat back installs they've done.

>>> Dealer quoted $300 for cat back install and $89 to install skip shift - if I supply all parts.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #20
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Lovin' this exhaust. Great note and just the right amount of volume to not annoy the neighbors - with the option of letting out a roar if you do choose to annoy them.

BTW - just went to Midas for install because I had no experience with local shops. They charged $84.00 for install and hooked up my skip shift eliminator at the same time for no additional cost. They said it was one of the easiest cat back installs they've done.

>>> Dealer quoted $300 for cat back install and $89 to install skip shift - if I supply all parts.
Wow, that is really great to hear! That brings a smile to our face and we are happy that you are enjoying your exhaust kit. Thanks for your support!
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #21
Cacadeech

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS
I just got the exhaust delivered today. I ordered it on friday. That's some crazy fast shipping. Thanks Steve. Now I just want to go install it....but it's just too damn cold. I can't wait to hear it on the car.
Cacadeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #22
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacadeech View Post
I just got the exhaust delivered today. I ordered it on friday. That's some crazy fast shipping. Thanks Steve. Now I just want to go install it....but it's just too damn cold. I can't wait to hear it on the car.
Great! Let me know what you think once it's on the car. Have a great day and thanks for the support
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 02-14-2010, 05:45 AM   #23
Getz SS

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro SS
Just installed the Solo Performance LS3 Mach-X Exhaust Kit on my Camaro this week and it is a bad ass kit!! Like most people, I have spend hours and hours listening to the different exhaust kits and Solo really sounded like it had that "Old School" Muscle Car Sound. This was the first performance upgrade I have done and I am very happy with it.
If you are like me and plan on keeping your Camaro at + or - 500 rear wheel hp, this 2.5 " exhaust kit is for you.
The Mach-X really has little to no Drone, and even the performance shop that I had it installed were impressed with this kit.
I just put over 100+ miles on the exhaust and the "but dyno" and sound are exactly what I was looking for. If you are interested, contact Steve. He is a great guy to work with.
Steve Mariano
516-655-9002
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

San Diego Shop
www.mustangsandmotorsports.com
Getz SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #24
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Great! I can't get the Mach X LS3 instructions to run? Do you have any pics of the components of the Mach X for LS3 ?
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #25
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
Great! I can't get the Mach X LS3 instructions to run? Do you have any pics of the components of the Mach X for LS3 ?
In the demo video, there is an undercar pan and you can see everything down there. The H pipe is gone and our muffler has a true X pipe integrated inside of it. The muffler is built around it.

The install instructions are attached at the bottom of the first post in the Mach X thread on here. It is direct bolt-on...take the stock one off and bolt ours on.

Steve
516-655-9002
goingsolo2@hotmail.com