Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hellion Power Systems
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #51
larryt1026

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT
So absolute zero drone in this system? I have the American Thunder installed and the drone is driving me bananas. Now I'm in between this catback and the Corsa one. Is everything bolt and a perfect fit for the v6? If there is ZERO drone for this system..I might go with this based on the price.
larryt1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #52
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryt1026 View Post
So absolute zero drone in this system? I have the American Thunder installed and the drone is driving me bananas. Now I'm in between this catback and the Corsa one. Is everything bolt and a perfect fit for the v6? If there is ZERO drone for this system..I might go with this based on the price.
This is a zero drone system...the adjustable J pipes in the rear of the cat back eliminate that, and you can adjust them down the line if you do any future mods to eliminate any drone that the additional mod may add (such as headers, etc.)

It is 100% bolt-on...no cutting or welding!!
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
http://www.solo-performance.com
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #53
larryt1026

Oh I see. Ahhh way to make this decision a lot harder Solo!!! I was set on the Corsa too lol
Old 01-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #54
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Oh I see. Ahhh way to make this decision a lot harder Solo!!! I was set on the Corsa too lol
I understand completely...picking an exhaust is a tough task. We strive to make our customer service and product a top priority, so if you have any questions/issues now or in the future, you can reach me 7 days a week until midnight EST. I am very confident that you will be ecstatic with a Solo product on your Camaro.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #55
larryt1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
I understand completely...picking an exhaust is a tough task. We strive to make our customer service and product a top priority, so if you have any questions/issues now or in the future, you can reach me 7 days a week until midnight EST. I am very confident that you will be ecstatic with a Solo product on your Camaro.
Can you pm me a price please? Shipped to 32246
Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #56
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I have this system on my V6 M6 and Had a slight Drone without the j-pipes. Had the guys put the J-pipes on and the Drone was gone. Adjusting the j-pipes was the key to this great setup. The sound is great !
With that said, Steve I have a V6 convertible on order with a Feb delivery ! Do you know if the systems are the same for the verts as my coupe. I heard there are some underside stiffening but don't know if this will affect the exhaust routing ? I'm spoiled by the coupe and really want to get those oem trash cans off the car asap!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #57
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I have this system on my V6 M6 and Had a slight Drone without the j-pipes. Had the guys put the J-pipes on and the Drone was gone. Adjusting the j-pipes was the key to this great setup. The sound is great !
With that said, Steve I have a V6 convertible on order with a Feb delivery ! Do you know if the systems are the same for the verts as my coupe. I heard there are some underside stiffening but don't know if this will affect the exhaust routing ? I'm spoiled by the coupe and really want to get those oem trash cans off the car asap!
As far as I know, the area of the exhaust will stay the same...so you should be OK.

Quote:
Can you pm me a price please? Shipped to 32246
PM sent
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-19-2011, 02:02 AM   #58
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Like i said before, you simply, absolutely, positively cant go wrong with SOLO. I love my exhaust and I honestly loved the customer service as wierd as that might sound. Great customer service, great product and they take alot of care with your car, best of all the sound is incredible!
After a year of owning the exhaust, I still have permagrin everytime i start her up, I dont have the j pipes and I have only noticed the drone once, which was at 4am in the morning with my whole family in the Camaro, so I had to keep the music down and so i heard the drone at a steady 120k/h whish is around the 2100rpm level, not at all annoying, not for me atleast, otherwise I love the kit. Only thing I have noticed since install is that my heat shield is rattling, that is all which is a simple fix and should have it fixed in Spring.
If I had one constructive criticism to SOLO, it would be to find a way around the top end rasp that im finding. It sounds great and I didnt hear until i was WOT and at really high rpm levels. That is my only Constructive criticism that I could point out. And this seems to be heard only on the M6 with no j pipes or hi flows. Dont seem to find this rasp or tinny sound on the autos or its with j pipes. Anyways I absolutely LOVE my kit and my experience with SOLO, if I was rich, I would buy GM out and equip every v6 from factory with the SOLO kits, too bad im not Bruce Wayne lol
Anyways Kudos to SOLO, you guys are awesome
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #59
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Like i said before, you simply, absolutely, positively cant go wrong with SOLO. I love my exhaust and I honestly loved the customer service as wierd as that might sound. Great customer service, great product and they take alot of care with your car, best of all the sound is incredible!
After a year of owning the exhaust, I still have permagrin everytime i start her up, I dont have the j pipes and I have only noticed the drone once, which was at 4am in the morning with my whole family in the Camaro, so I had to keep the music down and so i heard the drone at a steady 120k/h whish is around the 2100rpm level, not at all annoying, not for me atleast, otherwise I love the kit. Only thing I have noticed since install is that my heat shield is rattling, that is all which is a simple fix and should have it fixed in Spring.
If I had one constructive criticism to SOLO, it would be to find a way around the top end rasp that im finding. It sounds great and I didnt hear until i was WOT and at really high rpm levels. That is my only Constructive criticism that I could point out. And this seems to be heard only on the M6 with no j pipes or hi flows. Dont seem to find this rasp or tinny sound on the autos or its with j pipes. Anyways I absolutely LOVE my kit and my experience with SOLO, if I was rich, I would buy GM out and equip every v6 from factory with the SOLO kits, too bad im not Bruce Wayne lol
Anyways Kudos to SOLO, you guys are awesome
Thanks so much for the kind words! One suggestion, playing with the J pipes a bit could possibly tune out any rasp you have at the high end. Make a mark where you have them set now (so you can put it back if it doesn't work), and try adjusting it in 1/2" increments. That is something that might be able to overcome with just a bit of trial and error.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #60
Nutbutt

Had the WOT rasp before my j-pipe installation. Totally gone with a tweak to the end caps. The only caution is that each v6 setup will react slightly different. Two people I know have the exact same system and each adjustment is different.
I agree this is the most adjustable off the self system out there.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #61
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
Thanks so much for the kind words! One suggestion, playing with the J pipes a bit could possibly tune out any rasp you have at the high end. Make a mark where you have them set now (so you can put it back if it doesn't work), and try adjusting it in 1/2" increments. That is something that might be able to overcome with just a bit of trial and error.
You have to sell him the J pipes...he never went back for the refit!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #62
GOINGSOLO2

The warm weather is not far away...if anyone is interested in picking up one of our kits, or has any questions, please call me anytime at 516-655-9002 (7 days a week until midnight EST).

Steve
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #63
weedo0o

Drives: 2011
for anyone with the full exhaust system... Is the power difference very noticable from stock??
weedo0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #64
GOINGSOLO2

You will find that besides the HP and TQ increases, the throttle response is much better. If you want even more gains from that, the high flow cats are a huge restriction, and we have those also. They also do not throw a CEL and are also no drone with our J pipe kit.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #65
Jdevy
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have Mach X on my LS3 and absolutly love it. Super easy to install. I call it a lady in the street and a freak in the bed. Its polite when driving normal but as soon as you open it up it screams and throws you back in your seat for one hell of a ride.
Jdevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #66
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Can you PM me price shipped to 21015? First exhaust thread I have came to with everyone happy with customer service and no complaints on drone. Can you please explain to me the J Pipe and how to adjust it and what all it does? Still trying to understand. Also power gains?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #67
Nutbutt

Yes, with the Solo mach exhaust you will absolutely feel the difference off the line and the sound will give you a thrill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedo0o View Post
for anyone with the full exhaust system... Is the power difference very noticable from stock??
Old 01-23-2011, 10:56 PM   #68
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Can you PM me price shipped to 21015? First exhaust thread I have came to with everyone happy with customer service and no complaints on drone. Can you please explain to me the J Pipe and how to adjust it and what all it does? Still trying to understand. Also power gains?
PM sent

We will factory set the J pipes for you. The J pipes are used to tune out certain frequencies of drone. During testing, we take the car out without J pipes and with a device that measures frequencies of sound. We data log the frequencies as we drive (normal stop and go, cruising on highway, hard acceleration) and find the frequencies at which drone is present. Then we plug that information into a mathematical formula and decipher the correct length and diameter for the J pipe. Only sound waves enter the J pipes, so flow is not restricted. Once the right size J pipes are installed, the frequencies of drone that we initially measured disappear without changing the sweet sound of the exhaust note.

If, down the road, you decide to do some major modifying, the J pipes can be adjusted (they slide in and out like a trombone) to eliminate different frequencies of drone that may appear with that major mod (internals, cams, etc.). I hope this explanation was helpful.

Steve
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #69
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I'd like a price shipped to 34957. Thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #70
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
I'd like a price shipped to 34957. Thanks
Thanks for the inquiry. I sent you a PM

Steve
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #71
MAGfuz

Drives: 1SS LS3 IOM
So without the J-Pipes on the X-LLT is there drone? I've been deciding between SOLO and Magnaflow and I've settled on SOLO. Just waiting on tax return to order. How much would it cost with J Pipes and without J pipes to 55429?

Thanks
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #72
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGfuz View Post
So without the J-Pipes on the X-LLT is there drone? I've been deciding between SOLO and Magnaflow and I've settled on SOLO. Just waiting on tax return to order. How much would it cost with J Pipes and without J pipes to 55429?

Thanks
Hello! The kit comes with the J pipes and will drone without them. They tune out the drone frequencies of the V6 Camaro. We do not sell the kit without J pipes, as there really is no reason to. The J pipes are included in the price of $899 shipped for the kit. We will preset the J pipes for you. Just bolt the kit on, and drive away with a smile

Steve
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #73
larryt1026

any signs of a discount coming in the near future?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #74
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
any signs of a discount coming in the near future?
Unfortunately not in the near future...we ran a group buy to introduce it to the forum a few months ago. We believe that we have set a fair and competitive price, and even though the cost of raw materials has gone up, we have not increased our prices
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #75
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
im kinda dumb... what is the point of the "J" pipes??? --Steve
SteveRS is offline   Reply With Quote