Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
matt talking about the camaro... again

Old 08-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
i hate this guy... he's always reeked of know-it-all douche to me. not to mention the fact that he's a notorious mustang fanboy

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
Old 08-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Guy sounds like a Ford fan to me. I guess he hasnt noticed all the plastic in the Mustang he loves so much? Somehow he seemed to miss that...
Old 08-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
Jordan91

Drives: 2010 camaro..soon
the problem with mustang fans is they went so long without any real muscle car competition so they feel threatened. personally i dont get why they hate so much i like the camaro more than the mustang just because i like the appearance and style of the camaro but the funny thing is he says that over the last year hes seen so many camaros that hes sick of them. for me its the other way around i see about 20 mustangs for every 1 camaro i see on the road. i just really wish people would let bygones be bygones and just let it go everyone has preferences towards one thing or another and for someone whos been driving a mustang for 20 odd years of course the feel of the camaro will be strange but dont knock a car just because its different.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
reocamaro

Drives: car
I guess I'm going to be attacked for this, but aside from the mustang comparisons (which I have no experience on) I thought his review was very close to what I would complain about with this car. Sounds like he's left a bad taste in your mouth from a previous time. I'm assuming that while we all have our gripes, I don't find anything wrong w/ the video. If that video was purposefully placed on this site from the smoking tire, then I'd find it in poor taste, but as is, it's just another guys opinion.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
After about 15 seconds in? Maybe 18...I thought "Who cares?" in response his epic question that's about....a year too late.

The guy is aspiring to be something big, and I give him credit. I just don't like his style of 'review'.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
JJChevy

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS
I agree with some of the things he said. The interior has been a hot topic of discussion and how many of us have complained about the clutch and also changed out the shifter?

I actually like the steering wheel that he didn't and despite some of the other "shortcomings" discussed, I still smile to myself every time I get into my Camaro, even if I pass 5 of them on the way to work.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
this guy is definitely a mustang guy. And no good can ever come from a mustang fan reviewing a camaro
Old 08-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
reocamaro

Drives: car
I'll admit I'm not nearly as much of a diehard fan as some of you guys on this site, but I do find a pride in the things I own, and I realize that there are very good things about this car that has lead me to own it. And for now, when I walk past my car, I do think "oh whoever owns that must have a lot of fun when they go out!" and except for the occasional stalling... I do!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
Camaro_OK

Drives: Pontiac Torrent
"I see dozens of rental V6 Camaros everyday. I mean if I see 50 of them a day. It is not even an exaggeration."

I don't understand what he is saying about rentals. Is he saying these cars are offered as rentals through rental services or is he slighting Camaro owners - saying that no one would own one, just rent one? If he is talking about rental cars, maybe the reason he is seeing that many rentals on the road is because people PREFER Camaros over other cars and I would think that meant the Camaro has not lost its edginess.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
kagenish

Drives: Black 2SS(Coming Soon)
mustang fan
Old 08-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Mustang troll
Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #13
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
really don't like this guy..i hate when people review cars and they are already biased to one or the other which in this case the shitstang

"styling isn't everything..can't see a ***damn thing outa here" he really should stop his bitching its not hard to get used to

"i wear a size 12 wide and still have a hard time heel toeing this" sounds like a personal problem to me
Old 08-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #14
LoneCynic

Drives: 2011 IBM LS M6
Yeah, his bit about the Camaro being jumpy just isn't true. I drove mine for two days and had the balance between the clutch and gas worked out to smooth shifts easily. (granted, I've never owned or driven anything but stick shifts, but it was still very easy to get used to) I've had mine for nine days now, and I've only stalled once so far. That was only because I accidentally tried to take off in third and not first gear, and that was on day two. I think the Camaro is very forgiving in this regard, it seems to be a lot harder to stall it than any other stick shift I've ever driven.

He is definitely a Mustang fan, and it shows. I see way more Mustangs on the road than other Camaros. It makes mine really stand out in my area.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #15
96_2010_CAMARO

Drives: 2012 SIM Camaro 2SS/RS , yukon
Send a message via MSN to 96_2010_CAMARO
4:08-4:22 he likes it but he can't admit it ,4:15 look at his face he love it
he's such a Hypocrite
Old 08-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #16
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
What are you left with after seeing thousands of Mustangs? Not a hell of a lot, after you see them getting smoked by a Camaro SS.
I'm 6'1" 215lbs. on average, so regardless of which type of sports vehicle I drive I'm going to have some issue with the roof, blind spots, pedals, shifter, etc... because there are only so many adjustments, you can make in a rocket ship. I think this would be the case for just about anyone close to my dimensions.
All I have to say is this, $36k is not a lot to pay for a high performance vehicle in comparison to many others, this vehicle just like any other needs to be worked in and it will start to shift more easily, after 2mos. I am still making adjustments and finding improvements in my driving and handling and visibillity.
Know your vehicle, and you'll have a better driving experience, so if you've been driving Stangs for several years, you definately won't like the feel of the Camaro until you get used to it and a few minutes test driving is not going to allow anyone to provide an un-biased opinion. So, I don't take anything this guy says seriously. And, considering the Stangs are much lighter, I would think there's more plastic in a Stang than in a Camaro. That's just my personal opinion, considering I see about 20 Stangs in the dealers parking lots, every single day. However, I often wonder why so many un-sold Stangs. You think it's because no-body is buying them anymore due to their recent Camaro purchase? LOL
Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #17
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
I can't stand this guy. In one of his other videos, he makes the comment that his first car was a Mustang 5.0. He's biased, too critical, and obviously doesn't know how to do proper reviews.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #18
infam0uz

Drives: Future Owner (Rental to Events)
I love how he leaves a replica camaro on the hood, making it look like a front hood orament.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #19
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Hate this guy.

I'm 6 foot and 215, my head is no where near the roof without a sunroof. Sorry your head is so bulbous that it rubs on the roof man. Personal problem - let the seat back a little.

I wear a size 12 also, not wide, and have no trouble with pedals. The side of my foot sometimes rubs a pedal but thats been happening with my big feet as long as I've been driving - camaro's fault? No. Get over yourself dude.

Steering wheel is not that bad, I thought it was very impressive when I sat in the car for the first time. Stop being a girl, get your kung fu grip on and hold that damn thing. Wuss, "legoman grip"? WTF is that? I've never once held my wheel like that. Must have danty girly hands bro, sorry.

My 1st 2 cars were automatics and I learned to drive using an automatic. This car was my 1st manual tranny and I learned to drive manual with my 1SS. Was it easy? Hell no, a 1st stick driver behind the wheel of a brand new SS. There were issues with feeling the sweet spot on the clutch and all that damn power... Is the clutch that bad? Maybe. The sweet spot is short and the window of opportunity is small. Is it something to bitch and complain about? If you're a whinny little bitch, yes. Ive been driving stick since Dec. '09 in this car and my girl can do her make up while I drive and not complain at all. L2Shift.

So you see rental V6's all over huh? Well for every rental V6 you see, I see 5 late generation mustangs on the road - AND I dont even have to be driving! There are 4 late generation mustangs on my street alone that I see every day! And my best friend owns one of them ('10)! How's that for everyone having one and styling isnt everything blah blah blah...? Don't get me wrong I dont hate on the mustang, but if you ask anyone who isnt a muscle car fanatic to stop what they're doing and tell you to which mustang in a line-up is the oldest and the newest they probably wouldn't get it right. Hell, even until recently I've had trouble telling the 2010 mustangs apart from the 2011s (5.0 badges vs GT badges, 2 tail pipes on V6s vs 1, etc.) so what's your point a@#hole? Both cars will be EVERYWHERE in 5 years so who cares?

Don't get me wrong. Im not a fanboy, Im far from it. If I had my way I'd own all 3 modern muscle cars (SRT, GT-500 and a Z28 based off the renderings) and love the piss out of them. But I seriously hate reviews like this. As soon as I saw that damn toy taped to the hood of the car I KNEW this wasnt going to be a fair review. What I tool. This guy's a regular ratchet wrench. GTFO.

End rant.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #20
PHEOX

Drives: '06 Jeep Wrangler
What I love about the whole bias he has going on, is that he owns a damn C5 ZO6 that is modded out the arse! But he has so many problems with the Camaro, he needs a good month to get used to visibility, and none of us really like the plastic, so I'll agree with him there. But I talked to him about the roofline a few weeks ago because he said he wouldn't be able to get himself in with a helmet, but he was driving in a sunroof car! He is tall, but I've seen taller get in without the sunroof.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #21
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Most Biased Camaro Review EVER!

Ok the lead guy on the Smoking Tire youtube channel just reviewed the 2010 Camaro SS keep in mind this guy is one of the most biased Mustang Ford Fans I have EVER seen he drove a 2011 Mustang GT500 at the Bull Run challenge and always has nothing bad to say about Mustangs now heres his take on the Camaro.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #22
raqball
The little LS that could

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
The dudes a tool.... If it's not a Stang, he bashes...
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #23
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Ok the lead guy on the Smoking Tire youtube channel just reviewed the 2010 Camaro SS keep in mind this guy is one of the most biased Mustang Ford Fans I have EVER seen he drove a 2011 Mustang GT500 at the Bull Run challenge and always has nothing bad to say about Mustangs now heres his take on the Camaro.

That is exactly what I think about Camaro
Old 08-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #24
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
OMG, thank goodness he didn't sit in the passenger seat and find that it could be adjusted up/down, he may have never even test drove it.

I liked him quoting that 70% of women drivers complain about visibility, but he left out that 95% of women wouldn't be caught dead in a Mustang.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #25
raqball
The little LS that could

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
He cracks me up when he mentions he see 50 Camaro's a day... LOL.... If he is seeing 50 Camaro's he must be seeing 500 Mustangs with about half of them being driven by teenagers... LOLOLOL

I had a Volvo years ago.... Thank GOD I traded it for an Audi A4....

Closed Thread