Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
J. R. Deel

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Cold air kits and Aftermarket mufflers and Hurst shifter

I just bought a 2011 2SS camaro 6 speed and I want to upgrade the exhaust, air intake, and hurst shifter. I called my dealer where I bought the car and asked for a GMPP air intake and exhaust for my car. The dealer advised against doing either one because it will void my warranty. Is this true? How can a LPO option that can be ordered on the car new void the warranty? Especially when I was planning on buying GMPP parts from the dealer.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
dealer is wrong
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
I called my dealer he told me CAI and headers if GMPP and installed by them would not void warrenty.

BUT I got an Email from GMPP, saying GMPP shorty headers are not longer made and will not be shipped anymore. AND GM has not released the CAI intake yet.

Aftermarket stuff..well that would be between you and your dealer. BUT more than likely headers do void the warrenty, CAI may not.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsinger View Post
I called my dealer he told me CAI and headers if GMPP and installed by them would not void warrenty.

BUT I got an Email from GMPP, saying GMPP shorty headers are not longer made and will not be shipped anymore. AND GM has not released the CAI intake yet.

Aftermarket stuff..well that would be between you and your dealer. BUT more than likely headers do void the warrenty, CAI may not.

I think GM jumped the gun on their performance accessories by filling their accessory catalogs with all kinds of cool stuff. GM is not selling this stuff any more because they want to see how the Camaro shakes out (warranty claim -wise). If things work out then they will offer more stuff.

Or, maybe they just don't trust their dealers to properly install them.

Consumer Reports upgraded Camaro to [Recommended] because the first year reliability data has come in and is very good. If that is any indication, maybe GM will be less scared to sell ( and stand behind ) performance accessories made and installed by GM.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
if you go aftermarket headers no doubt your asking for issues with warranty. cat back on the exhaust and your fine. cold air kit should also not be an issue, but if your dealer is a jerk you could easily run into problems. Ive heard of people fighting about k and n filters without the cold air kit. just depends on the dealer really. its always good to have a service shop you trust.
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 AM   #6
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: '13 WRX STi
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
GM Made headers? what???

damn >.< i needed them so i could still have headers and warranty.
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote