Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

USA - New England MA, CT, ME, NH, RI, VT

Old 04-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
NTD

Drives: Cobalt SS
Northeast Track Days at NHMS 4/21

Hi all,

We're a new track day group hosting events at the best race tracks in the northeast. We still have spots available for 4/21 at NHMS where we will be running our Long Format Event for Intermediate and Advanced drivers. You get 3 1/2 hours of track time, access to instructors, and review sessions throughout the day. Our April Sale is still in effect, which means you get all of this for only $200! I hope you choose to join us at the track.

Please check out our website - www.northeasttrackdays.com - for more information.

Thanks,
David

PO Box 648
Salem, NH 03079
650-479-6383
www.northeasttrackdays.com
NTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
$200 is steep for alot of people and i know it can't be helped NHMS is overpriced.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:26 AM   #3
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
For most track days this is kinda cheap kev. Plus the track is nhms. The only thing that gets me is these are always on week days. Dam.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:30 AM   #4
RazorSS

Drives: Looking for an SS
$200 is a good deal imo. I pay more than that for motorcycle track days. So NTD, what is the long format mean? We never refer to that for motorcycle days.
RazorSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:15 AM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Ok i'll budge on that $200 just seems like a lot to someone like me but i spose it's not much but the whole intermediate to advanced class thing is a bit annoying. Though i understand why they do that for safety eventhough i've seen new course drivers who have never done one before handle themselves better then advanced ones but some people are just born with the skills to drive. NHMS isn't that bad of a track for anyone i've been a few times with friends on the weekdays which like charlie says kills the option to go for alot of people. Last time i went they had just bought the track off of bahre though so maybe i was spoiled?
Old 04-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #6
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
That is a great price. Are the sessions broken up?

It's not the best track, especially the bump going up turn 3. I have to wonder if my spoiler will hit. I used to always hit the air dam on my Z06, but that was an easily replaced and cheap rubber piece.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #7
RazorSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Ok i'll budge on that $200 just seems like a lot to someone like me but i spose it's not much but the whole intermediate to advanced class thing is a bit annoying. Though i understand why they do that for safety eventhough i've seen new course drivers who have never done one before handle themselves better then advanced ones but some people are just born with the skills to drive. NHMS isn't that bad of a track for anyone i've been a few times with friends on the weekdays which like charlie says kills the option to go for alot of people. Last time i went they had just bought the track off of bahre though so maybe i was spoiled?

If the trackday company is good at what they do then they will figure where new drivers belong pretty quickly and group them accordingly. Driver of similar skillsets needs to be together for safety reasons. The closing speed of a good driver compared to a nervous nelly could make for a very bad day plus even good street drivers could get spooked and not be very predictable when it comes to following the race line around a track.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #8
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
I wouldn't put my street car on that track just because of the transition from leaving the oval portion and heading up the hill it has to be real tough on chassis. Can't wait till the track in tuftonbourough opens
Crystal Red Tint Coat/ Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
Road Trip To Buffalo complete shipment from MO has arrived
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
RazorSS

Dont forget that Thompson Speedway in Connecticut just opened their new road course and Palmer Motorsports is in the middle of building a world class road course in Massachusetts.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I didn't think ct was open yet. Dam. That's 20min from my house
Old 04-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #11
RazorSS

Thompson opens up in June. I went to a track walk there a couple weeks ago with a local motorcycle trackday company. From a motorcycle safety standpoint I am not too happy about the armco and lack of run-off but cars should be fine. I will not run that track on my bike. I hope Palmer is a little smarter with the run-off plans.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #12
NH 2012 SS/RS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
I'm going to seriously consider this…anyone else from NEC5?
2SS/RS IBM, American Racing BLVD Wheels, 275/40, 295/40 Toyo Proxes, Eibach 1" drop Springs, Muffler Delete, Elite Catch Can, CAI, CFD Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter w/ Tap Shift, APR Carbon Fiber Splitter, Sequential Tail Lights, MPD1 Spoiler
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #13
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
I am already signed up for a race this week-end - otherwise I would be there.
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #14
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
I wouldn't put my street car on that track just because of the transition from leaving the oval portion and heading up the hill it has to be real tough on chassis. Can't wait till the track in tuftonbourough opens

That is turn 3 that I referenced.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #15
RazorSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
That is turn 3 that I referenced.

What about coming down turn 9 into ten that transistion over the track again? I regularly scrap my foot pegs there on my bike.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #16
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSS View Post
What about coming down turn 9 into ten that transistion over the track again? I regularly scrap my foot pegs there on my bike.
Yup, that's another one and a scary one!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #17
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Dont forget that Thompson Speedway in Connecticut just opened their new road course and Palmer Motorsports is in the middle of building a world class road course in Massachusetts.
Opens in June .
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #18
NTD

Sorry for the delayed reply, but my instant email notification was not coming through. 4/21 was a great day at NHMS - 70 degrees and sunny! I agree with the comments that the transitions can be a bit bumpy, but still a fun track nonetheless. We'll be back there on 5/20 running a Standard Format - Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced run groups. Total driving time will be 1 3/4 hours along with classroom sessions. I hope some of you can join us!

Thanks,
David
Old 04-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
NTD

Quote:
$200 is a good deal imo. I pay more than that for motorcycle track days. So NTD, what is the long format mean? We never refer to that for motorcycle days.
The Long Format Events are designated for Intermediate and Advanced drivers only. It offers 5 driving sessions, 3 1/2 hours of driving time, access to in-car instructors, and classroom review sessions as well. It's great for working on car setup, maximizing seat time, and learning. Our 8/7 event at NHMS will be run in this format again. Checkout our website for more information - www.northeasttrackdays.com. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
David
Old 04-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #20
NTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
That is a great price. Are the sessions broken up?

It's not the best track, especially the bump going up turn 3. I have to wonder if my spoiler will hit. I used to always hit the air dam on my Z06, but that was an easily replaced and cheap rubber piece.
Yes, the sessions are broken up by run group at all of our events. Long Format Events run 2 run groups -Intermediate and Advanced. Our Standard Format Events run 4 run groups - Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, and Instructor. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
David
Old 05-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #21
NTD

Exciting Announcements!

Hi All,

Just a few announcements that we would like to share with you.

1. 5/20 @ NHMS - Our next event is less than 2 weeks away at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is a Standard Format event, which is open to Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced drivers. There are still spots available, so if you would like to join us click on the registration link. https://www.northeasttrackdays.com/n...ration520.html

2. 6/11 @ NJMP - This will be our first event at Thunderbolt Raceway this season, so we are extremely excited! It will be run as a Long Format event, which means it is only open to Intermediate and Advanced drivers. Please join us for extended track time, in-car driver coaching, and classroom sessions. https://www.northeasttrackdays.com/n...ration611.html

3. 6/19 @ Thompson Speedway - The wait is coming to an end as Thompson Speedway nears completion. We will be one of the first groups to host a day at the completely renovated facility. Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced drivers are welcome. Click here to reserve your spot! https://www.northeasttrackdays.com/n...ration619.html

4. Updated Long Format - Due to driver feedback from our first two Long Format events we have made some changes to accommodate a vast majority. Here's how it breaks down: 2 1/2 hours of track time, 5 sessions at 30 mins each, classroom sessions, in-car driver coaching, track walk, Intermediate and Advanced drivers only, at a price point $300!

5. Refer-A-Friend - Refer a fellow driver to one of our events and you both get a credit to a future event. $25 credit when you refer a friend to a STANDARD FORMAT event and a $50 credit when you refer a friend to a LONG FORMAT event.

As usual if you have any questions post it here, send an email to info@northeasttrackdays.com, or call 650-479-6383.

I look forward to meeting more of you at the track!

Thanks,
David
Old 05-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #22
NTD

Thank you to all the drivers that joined us at NHMS on 5/20. This was our first Standard Format event with a Novice run group, who all did amazingly well - for some it was their first time out! A special thanks to all of the instructors, who did a great job coaching drivers and being very supportive throughout the day. We look forward to seeing this group at our next LOCAL event at Thompson Speedway on 6/19!

Our NEXT event is at Thunderbolt Raceway on 6/11! Our Long Format, open to INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED drivers only, guarantees a minimum of 2 1/2 hours of track time, in-car driver coaching, classroom review sessions, and more! Spread the word as it will be another great day at the track!

Thanks,
David
Old 06-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #23
NTD

Thank you to the drivers that joined us at Thompson Speedway on 6/19. It was a great day with a little rain in the morning and beautiful sunshine all afternoon. Overall feedback from drivers - the track is a lot of fun and keeps you busy! We'll be back at Thompson Speedway on 7/22, come join us for another exciting track day!

Refer-A-Friend:
Introduce family and friends to Northeast Track Days and you both get a credit towards a future event! All they have to do is put your name in the "How did you hear about us?" section when they register.

Upcoming Events:
7/22 Thompson Speedway
8/7 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
9/11 Thompson Speedway

Thanks,
David
Old 07-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #24
NTD

We still have spots available for our next event at Thompson Speedway on 7/22. It will be a Standard Format event, so ALL drivers are welcome. If you haven't had a chance to experience the new road course or you're itching to get back on track, please join us on 7/22.

Don’t forget to Refer-A-Friend, so you BOTH can get a credit towards a future track day!

Thank you,
David
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #25
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
This sounds wild! I am a total novice, what is the experience for a newbie like?
Thanks
Chigurh looked out the window, the shotgun across his knee. Getting hurt changed me, he said. Changed my perspective. I've moved on, in a way. Some things have fallen into place that were not there before. I thought they were, but the werent. The best way I can put it is that I've sort of caught up with myself. That's not a bad thing. It was overdue.
It's still a good payday.
It is. It's just in the wrong currency
."
Muscle Car Lover is online now   Reply With Quote