Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
jagan323
I have no life
 
jagan323's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 3,190
Dashhawk Clearing CEL

Hi guys,

I occured to me to ask this last night... but I was already sleeping lol.
I bought a Dashhawk recently, and I admit I haven't really fiddled around with all the functions. But I believe I read somewhere that the Dashhawk can Clear any engine error codes... or at least log them.

So I was wondering if you guys knew, would the dashhawk clear the CEL after installing LT headers like the ARH and BBK?

I've heard the CEL comes on after making those mods... and the only way to get rid of them is to get a tune. So can anyone verify my theory? =p
__________________
jagan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
CamaroFreako
KMK
 
CamaroFreako's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: kuwait
Posts: 497
I installed my JBA shorty headers, and had the engine light after a drive. my dealership fixed it by programming my O2 sensors....
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
HaZe_X

 
HaZe_X's Avatar
 
Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 759
It would clear the code, however it will most likely come back if conditions are met for the CEL to appear again.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS/LS3 -Black on Black - Kooks 1-7/8 Headers, Dyno Tuned, ADM Race CAI, QTP Cutouts, Hurst Short Throw, SJM Line Lock, Alpine PDX 1.1000, (2) Alpine Type R's, ...Soon to be cammed!
HaZe_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
Hi guys,

I occured to me to ask this last night... but I was already sleeping lol.
I bought a Dashhawk recently, and I admit I haven't really fiddled around with all the functions. But I believe I read somewhere that the Dashhawk can Clear any engine error codes... or at least log them.

So I was wondering if you guys knew, would the dashhawk clear the CEL after installing LT headers like the ARH and BBK?

I've heard the CEL comes on after making those mods... and the only way to get rid of them is to get a tune. So can anyone verify my theory? =p
Yep.. Dashhawk will clear the CEL... but HaZe_X pointed out the code will continue to pop up until you either fix the issue or get a tune... I just have Vince deal with it in my tune..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
jagan323
I have no life
 
jagan323's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 3,190
I see... okay well good to know lol. I guess I'll have to get a tune after I install headers then =/

Nothing wrong with leaving the CEL though right? It's just annoying to look at?
__________________
jagan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
CamaroFreako
KMK
 
CamaroFreako's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: kuwait
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
I see... okay well good to know lol. I guess I'll have to get a tune after I install headers then =/

Nothing wrong with leaving the CEL though right? It's just annoying to look at?
i have been told ur car would lose performance by going into safe mode
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
CamaroFreako
KMK
 
CamaroFreako's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: kuwait
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Yep.. Dashhawk will clear the CEL... but HaZe_X pointed out the code will continue to pop up until you either fix the issue or get a tune... I just have Vince deal with it in my tune..
does this mean u can get CEL without having an issue that needed to be fixed, but simply a tune?
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
I see... okay well good to know lol. I guess I'll have to get a tune after I install headers then =/

Nothing wrong with leaving the CEL though right? It's just annoying to look at?
problem is how would you know if you have another issue?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFreako View Post
does this mean u can get CEL without having an issue that needed to be fixed, but simply a tune?
Not quite sure I follow your question...

I had Vince change my tune so the rear O2's wouldn't trigger the CEL...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #10
CamaroFreako
KMK
 
CamaroFreako's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: kuwait
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not quite sure I follow your question...

I had Vince change my tune so the rear O2's wouldn't trigger the CEL...
yeah, but does this mean, u get the CEL because of an issue such as a leak or because the headers give different readings to the rear O2's that its only need a tune and there isn't actually any problem in the car? i hope that clears it up
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JBA SHORTY HEADERS = CEL speedy_g Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 64 06-25-2012 01:57 PM
So..uhmmm, question about the CEL CamaroFreako Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 2 08-02-2010 02:14 PM
Unfortunately MSD Has Abandoned the Dashhawk John VS Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 8 07-30-2010 01:56 PM
Dashhawk Data Logging Question Abygale Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 17 07-21-2010 09:39 PM
Clearing a CEL jtzako 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 8 07-09-2010 02:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.