Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
My random vids

Just thought I'd throw a cheap plug in for my site.

Ok really it's nothign fancy and hasn't seen a change in it for a year or so, so it's just my easy storage for sharing and what-not (oh by the way, as soon as I get my FTP info back from a crashed HDD, I'll gladly host videos, pics, whatever for you guys).

Anyway, got a couple car vids here and there, a couple other stuff I have done in the past, I welcome you to enjoy, criticize, comment, or just watch and say nothing!

http://www.merfproductions.com/6.html

Use the links on the right, misc vids and final cuts....final cuts were the stuff I had done in the past with my little production-crew project. It's just a hobby, but one I took pretty seriously (have a $2,000 Adobe Productions software suite)...unfortunately my ex-wife got away with the mini-DV camera, so I'm sorta stalled out right now!

I'm pretty sure everyone on htis site will particularly like checking out the Whistler video.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Like the whistler vid. I'd love to have a S/C or turbo set up in my SS...
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #3
MerF
Go Rays!

I tell you what, that STS kit on his Firebird had a rather large T76 turbo on it, and you can hear that it had ZERO lag off the line, with an intercooler even....I thought with all the damn piping it would, I was way wrong. I say STS all the way for sure.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
MerF
Go Rays!

So....who wants to buy me a new camera, and I'll make you a video....hehe.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I had seen that Whistler video way back in the day. That car is sick. It's rediculous how much power is coming out of some of those forced induction LS motors. The RPM car club out of Richmond has a bunch of sick F-bodies. I know of at least three of them that are turboed. They are at the track with them nearly every weekend unless there's a huge event somewhere. One of their cars was on the cover of GM High Tech Perfomnance back in like October. It's the blue-gray Formula with the plate that says MIT MOUS. That thing is sick.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
MerF
Go Rays!

Mighty Mouse (David) had a bad wreck in Richmond though, the car was totalled. He was fine, and apparently is building something new.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #7
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Damn I didn't hear about that(due to the fact that I am 8000 miles away from VA). That was a hell of a car. All those RPM guys are a pretty stand up crowd. They are all pretty polite when you ask them questions. Anyways.. any idea when or how it happened?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
MerF
Go Rays!

Yeah there was a video. This happened....I wanna say 2 years ago? Maybe less than that, but not much.

Basically the car hit a patch of slick near the end of the run and the rear end broke loose on him. He almost saved it but couldn't avoid the wall, then it ran off the track when there was no more wall. Scary video to watch for sure, but he was not scratched.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:38 AM   #9
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Hmm. The MIT MOUS car that I have seen at the track last summer was the blueish grey Formula that was in GMHTP. It has a turbo LS2 in it. Unless that's his new project that you were talking about. The end of the track at Richmond can be pretty scary. Especially in the left lane where that big concrete patch is. I couldn't imagine it on a bike. Also it seems like there isn't enough room to slow down. I only trap at 103-105 and I still feel the ABS kicking in at the last turnoff. Maybe I just need brakes...
Old 06-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
MerF
Go Rays!

Turbo LS2? Yeah that's gotta be his new one. He was sporting a turbo LS1 in his old 4th gen. Still a 6-speed I bet? I love that he races a turbo smallblock with a clutch...not too many people can run consistent 9's in a manual tranny!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is a six speed. I don't have the magazine right here with me, but I think I remember them raving about the fact that it was a six speed being such a powerful car. From what I remember he's pushing like 750HP if not more. I know it's at least 700. I'm also pretty sure Wheel to Wheel did his motor. They have been doing all the serious boosted LS motors lately it seems. I just want to find out where he got the clear plastic bumper insert for the front. It has the bird molded into it, but it is clear so you can still display a front plate. I need to get me one of those.