Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
joe h
 
Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: bismarck, nd
Posts: 125
Dealer now claims all 2010/2011 camaros produce a whirring/whining noise from the AC

My AC has been getting worse, and louder since June, and today I thought maybe one more trip to the dealer couldn't hurt. Other than getting them to write on paper that they hear the AC making a whirring/whining noise, they also claimed that every 2010/2011 Camaro makes this noise, because they tested a few of the cars on their lot. So once again I left with no fix.

So I just need to know, before I become unglued, is this a standard noise with this car, and should I just accept that the AC compressor is louder than a 430 hp V8 at 3000 rpms. Because this would be the first and only car I have ever driven that has produced this noise.
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man
 
KnightRiderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 917
I've never noticed a whirling noise...
__________________
KnightRiderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended
 
Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 5,095
no noise here either
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
IcallitROOSTER
 
Drives: Black 2011Auto/v6 2LT/RS blackint
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: long beach, mississippi
Posts: 81
no problem with mine mines a 2011 alot of the problems i been reading on this website are on 2010
IcallitROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
KIZE
www.gkiser.com
 
KIZE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 431
I've never heard any noise from my AC and I run it all the time (live in FL).
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
joe h
 
Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: bismarck, nd
Posts: 125
Pretty much knew my dealer is full of it, since even my car didn't start producing the noise until after a month of AC use. The dealer also wants me to take my own temp readings and write them down, which would be fine, if there was someone to submit the reading to. Anyways, bought an IR thermometer an hour ago and the AC is at best, cooling the air by 10 degrees.
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
The Flash
 
The Flash's Avatar
 
Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panama
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe h View Post
The dealer also wants me to take my own temp readings and write them down, which would be fine, if there was someone to submit the reading to. Anyways, bought an IR thermometer an hour ago and the AC is at best, cooling the air by 10 degrees.


Get to GM customer assitance and ask them to direct you to a regional manager.

Your dealer is just dodging his/her duty to correct the issue hoping you do exactly what you are about to do: resign yourself to accomodate his/her lack of honesty!!!

Push back!!


Good luck,


The Flash
__________________
The Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member
 
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nor☆Cal
Posts: 1,768
New DEALER!!
__________________
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
solidratt
 
solidratt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to solidratt
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe h View Post
My AC has been getting worse, and louder since June, and today I thought maybe one more trip to the dealer couldn't hurt. Other than getting them to write on paper that they hear the AC making a whirring/whining noise, they also claimed that every 2010/2011 Camaro makes this noise, because they tested a few of the cars on their lot. So once again I left with no fix.

So I just need to know, before I become unglued, is this a standard noise with this car, and should I just accept that the AC compressor is louder than a 430 hp V8 at 3000 rpms. Because this would be the first and only car I have ever driven that has produced this noise.
Same thing here, started whirring/whining noise this season but not all the time.
solidratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #10
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Forney, Texas
Posts: 2,155
There is a bulletin for whining from the a/c. It was originally thought to be a compressor problem. There is now a new belt that dealers will install per the bulletin. All Camaros built before March 2010 have the old belt.
__________________
1969 Chevelle SS 454-4 Spd., Triple Black
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T-A8, Triple Black
GearheadSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
joe h
 
Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: bismarck, nd
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
There is a bulletin for whining from the a/c. It was originally thought to be a compressor problem. There is now a new belt that dealers will install per the bulletin. All Camaros built before March 2010 have the old belt.
Wouldn't happen to know the reference number, unfortunately my dealer will most likely not want to take the time to look up tsb's. Also a district manager is suppose to call on monday.
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #12
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]
 
leonardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,861
coming from a guy that has had his car in the shop 5 times due to AC issues I can honestly say they are full of it my friend, and yeah as far as "regional managers" good luck on that one as well, im still driving my camaro with no AC at all while the GM rep decides what they are going to do .......
__________________
leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #13
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended
 
Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 5,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
coming from a guy that has had his car in the shop 5 times due to AC issues I can honestly say they are full of it my friend, and yeah as far as "regional managers" good luck on that one as well, im still driving my camaro with no AC at all while the GM rep decides what they are going to do .......
It is under warranty so leave the car at the dealer and let them know you are not picking it up until it is fixed. Ask for a loaner. I bet you, they'll fix it before the 30-day CA Lemon Law becomes effective.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
clg_98ta


 
clg_98ta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,704
I haven't had any noise from the compressor, and I also run the A/C a lot. Mines a 2010.
__________________
Black 2SS ordered 1/4/2010, received 2/19/2010



clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detroit dealer takes deposits for Camaros already! Tran Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 18 10-21-2012 08:28 AM
Noise Coming From Shifter, Is Dealer Pulling My Chain? alterbrett Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 8 08-02-2010 01:46 PM
Camaro's at Cost!! So Cal Dealer having BIG SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stacyq Dealer Camaros for Sale 0 02-26-2010 12:48 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 01:31 AM
Dealer tour for the Camaros av8r Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 7 09-03-2008 10:51 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.