Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #26
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 JDP Track Spec Camaro
I would suggest starting with a good set of sways and endlinks. This will make your car much more responsive and "balance" the chassis. Everyone always talk's about understeer and oversteer. With the Camaro in factory trim you get a lot of understeer, the reason is because the front bar is to stiff or the rear bar is to soft, it depends on the approach to correct the issue. Every company takes a different approach with their solutions. What you're going for is a balanced chassis, balance is the key word. The factory endlinks are dinky, aftermarket endlinks also give you the ability to "unload" the sways at static ride height. We have a few great options here.

The next mod I'd suggest would be a good set of lowering springs or coil overs if your budget permits. The only thing you'll want to look out for in terms of lowering springs is you don't want to go much below a 1.25" drop or you could wear your factory struts quicker. Coil overs are really the way to go IMHO but they aren't necessary. The nice thing about coilovers is you can set it up to ride nice on the street, turn it up for the canyons as well as for the strip. I've had a lot of experience setting up some of the fastest IRS Vette's in the country and I know what works.

I would mix in a few other components through this process including a good set of trailing arms/toe links and urethane bushings to complete your set up. We have all of these components as well.

We offer products from Pfadt, Pedders, Hotchkis and Spohn at great prices. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Have a good one and good luck! It really isn't rocket science and I'd be more than happy to help you find the right set up for you.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 08-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #27
CamaroSS8491

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS-3
Awesome info and I really appreciate everyones input. I've learned a lot about the Camaro's suspension these last couple days. This site rulz.....
CamaroSS8491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:35 AM   #28
sspaul

Drives: 2010 ss camaro, imperial blue
Send a message via AIM to sspaul Send a message via Yahoo to sspaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I would suggest starting with a good set of sways and endlinks. This will make your car much more responsive and "balance" the chassis. Everyone always talk's about understeer and oversteer. With the Camaro in factory trim you get a lot of understeer, the reason is because the front bar is to stiff or the rear bar is to soft, it depends on the approach to correct the issue. Every company takes a different approach with their solutions. What you're going for is a balanced chassis, balance is the key word. The factory endlinks are dinky, aftermarket endlinks also give you the ability to "unload" the sways at static ride height. We have a few great options here.

The next mod I'd suggest would be a good set of lowering springs or coil overs if your budget permits. The only thing you'll want to look out for in terms of lowering springs is you don't want to go much below a 1.25" drop or you could wear your factory struts quicker. Coil overs are really the way to go IMHO but they aren't necessary. The nice thing about coilovers is you can set it up to ride nice on the street, turn it up for the canyons as well as for the strip. I've had a lot of experience setting up some of the fastest IRS Vette's in the country and I know what works.

I would mix in a few other components through this process including a good set of trailing arms/toe links and urethane bushings to complete your set up. We have all of these components as well.

We offer products from Pfadt, Pedders, Hotchkis and Spohn at great prices. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Have a good one and good luck! It really isn't rocket science and I'd be more than happy to help you find the right set up for you.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

do you carry the hotchkis race pack? if so what is the price on it.
www.twitter.com/1djchampagne
mods: borla long tube headers, borla atak catback, lingenfelter gt-9 cam, ported heads, ecs base kit running 11 psi on top end, 1" bmr drop spring, aam 3.70 gears, ported throttle body, 160* thermorstat, lethal racing tune

750/641 rwhp/rwtq
sspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #29
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Thanks to everyone suggesting our products! I won't repeat any info that has already been stated here, it looks like you got a good amount of info already and you are heading in the right direction. Here is a short video showing the type of results you can get for cornering performance, and overall looks! Any questions let me know. We have more videos showing the benefits of certain products as well!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #30
CamaroSS8491

Thank you everyone for all the info I have a really good idea what I need now its a matter of finding the right brand and package to go with. If anyone wants to chime in please feel free...
Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #31
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS8491 View Post
Thank you everyone for all the info I have a really good idea what I need now its a matter of finding the right brand and package to go with. If anyone wants to chime in please feel free...
Here is what I recommended earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
For the kind of driving and application you are describing I would recommend springs, sway bars, end links, and rear trailing arms. In a nut shell...

The lowering springs will not only give your Camaro a more aggressive look, but will optimize the performance of your factory shock absorbers and lower the vehicle's center of gravity.

The sway bars will eliminate the infamous factory under steer, reduce body roll, and increase steering response. The end links go along with the sway bars and are needed to beef up the weak factory links that tend to fail when stiffer sway bars are added.

The rear trailing arms will increase traction and eliminate wheel hop. They allow the rear suspension to respond to road conditions more quickly and keep the tires in contact will the pavement.

If you have any more questions or need help selecting components feel free to contact me. Thanks
As far as what brand I would recommend, Pfadt makes the best engineered suspension components and packages available for the 5th generation Camaro in my opinion. What I described above is the Sport Plus Package with the addition of their rear trailing arms. This combination will transform the way your car handles.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #32
CamaroSS8491

Update

I've decided to go with the Pfadt Sport Plus package along with the Sub-frame mounts, Rear trailing arms and toe link bushings. As soon as I get it installed I'll post up some pics. I owe pics anyway......

Thanks for everyones input it sure made my decission alot easier.....
Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #33
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 JDP Track Spec Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS8491 View Post
Update

I've decided to go with the Pfadt Sport Plus package along with the Sub-frame mounts, Rear trailing arms and toe link bushings. As soon as I get it installed I'll post up some pics. I owe pics anyway......

Thanks for everyones input it sure made my decission alot easier.....
Nice choice and we appreciate your business! Everything shipped yesterday and please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Thanks again and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 08-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #34
CamaroSS8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
Nice choice and we appreciate your business! Everything shipped yesterday and please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Thanks again and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Jordan,

I sure will and thanks for all the help and taking the time to answer my questions.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #35
CamaroSS8491

Just received my suspension parts hope to have them on Thursday.....