Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Halo replacements on Nation wide back order

Well, I found out that the problem with the Halo lights on the 2010 Camaro are a bigger problem then realized. I took mine in cause the left Halo was fadding and turning a light bluish/green. The dealer told me that the headlight assembly is currently on back order and will have to be put on a list. Great , now I have to have my car with two different color Halos until they get a replacement. Oh well, what do you do right.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Well today I took my car into the dealer cause the light finally came in to replace. Come to find out they just replace the bulb for the Halo (which I didnt know there was a seperate bulb for) and it didnt fix the problem. They pulled two other RS optioned cars off the lot and they had the same problem but on the opposite side.

The dealer said they have to get ahold of GM tech support and I suspect they are going to tell them to replace the ballist next. Hopefully this will fix it and I can go on my way. We will see . Until next time huh.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Rodzilla13

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 Silver Ice Metallic
Sounds like you're on the same trail that I was describing in my PM. After new headlight replacement, new ballast replacement and three days of "diagnosis"... the halo issue still persists.

Found out today that they are going to button her back up and send her home until a solution pops up. Wonderful.
Rodzilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote