Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
theleprechaun
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 4
1% MSRP charge?

My dealer just shot me this charge

1% (256.70 is 1% of MSRP before destination of 25670).

He quoted me invoice price.... To me this is just a way to tack back on the discount to bring it back to MSRP...

Is this a regular charge?
theleprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
13lade
 
13lade's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NoDak
Posts: 262
NO. He is talking BS as a way to try to convince you that the extra "charge" is something you should pay. Say no thanks and walk away if need be. This is akin to the BS documentation fees. Just remember a better deal can always be found if your patient enough.

Talk to Scotty or Becky one of the other dealers here that have earned the trust of the membership. You'll see.
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
superman
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 296
Haha that is the one of the shadiest business practices. All he's doing is trying to make you feel good that you got invoice and then tack on his "mandatory" 1%. That's BS in my book. Go to a better dealer and get invoice or close to it and then show this dealer the quote. If he can't beat it than screw him.

If it smells like BS that you're questioning it, it most likely is BS.
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
theleprechaun
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MO
Posts: 4
According to the dealer that is Advertising Fee's...... Is that a legit arguments. I don't recall paying that on my other 3 vehicles.
theleprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
13lade
 
13lade's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NoDak
Posts: 262
Some dealers try to make you pay "ad fees" and some don't... Just because they ask you to pay it doesn't mean that you have to do so.... Plenty of dealers don't charge that. Go to one that doesn't.
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
GB EB


 
GB EB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NAS PENSACOLA, FL
Posts: 2,460
don't pay it.
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by theleprechaun View Post
According to the dealer that is Advertising Fee's...... Is that a legit arguments. I don't recall paying that on my other 3 vehicles.
That is 100% pure BS. GM has already added in advertising fees into the final cost of the vehicle.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
Tallboy
Say "when"...
 
Tallboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
That is 100% pure BS. GM has already added in advertising fees into the final cost of the vehicle.
Wrong.

Advertising fees are billed seperately to the dealer, and vary on a quarterly [usually] basis depend on ad campaigns at that time. Local market saturation, performance, ad rates, and revenues all come into play in this particular equation.

That being said, I wouldn't pay the 1%.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
Wrong.

Advertising fees are billed seperately to the dealer, and vary on a quarterly [usually] basis depend on ad campaigns at that time. Local market saturation, performance, ad rates, and revenues all come into play in this particular equation.

That being said, I wouldn't pay the 1%.
Sorry bud but your the one wrong.

Advertising fees are figured into the invoice pricing of the car by GM. This is why if you bother to research invoice pricing for a vehicle there will be a notation that different regions of the country have different advertising fees which alter the invoice pricing.

Feel free to pm Camaroscotty, Becky at Rodgers Chevy, Frank in MD, or any of the other dealers here on the forum. Or you can just look at the many threads on the subject in which they have already said this EXACT SAME THING.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
Tallboy
Say "when"...
 
Tallboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Sorry bud but your the one wrong.

Advertising fees are figured into the invoice pricing of the car by GM. This is why if you bother to research invoice pricing for a vehicle there will be a notation that different regions of the country have different advertising fees which alter the invoice pricing.

Feel free to pm Camaroscotty, Becky at Rodgers Chevy, Frank in MD, or any of the other dealers here on the forum. Or you can just look at the many threads on the subject in which they have already said this EXACT SAME THING.
Only if the dealer elects that option. Most don't. The ad money that GM would bill them per unit is more than they would have to spend on local markets, in almost every case. Of the 13 dealers owned by my friend in Florida, only one has the ad money rolled into the invoice.

Sales people [of which I was one] are rarely, if ever involved in this process.

I can go into this much further in a PM if you'd like. What we would discuss from here on out would upset a few people who think they know much more than they do.

Not trying to start an argument, just have a very close contact at GM who actually pays the bills and writes the checks.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Draco and Tallboy:

Stop threadjacking. The OP just wants to know what's up with the 1%, and rough estimate here but 99% of C5 will tell you the dealer is full of BS
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
CaniacFan


 
CaniacFan's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS CGM #75,288
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lade View Post
NO. He is talking BS as a way to try to convince you that the extra "charge" is something you should pay. Say no thanks and walk away if need be. This is akin to the BS documentation fees. Just remember a better deal can always be found if your patient enough.

Talk to Scotty or Becky one of the other dealers here that have earned the trust of the membership. You'll see.
Absolutely PM CamaroScotty or BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet - class act and will treat you right. Good Luck.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
Tallboy
Say "when"...
 
Tallboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Draco and Tallboy:

Stop threadjacking. The OP just wants to know what's up with the 1%, and rough estimate here but 99% of C5 will tell you the dealer is full of BS
You're right. I was out of line. Sorry. :(
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I don't add 1%
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.