Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
theleprechaun

Drives: None
1% MSRP charge?

My dealer just shot me this charge

1% (256.70 is 1% of MSRP before destination of 25670).

He quoted me invoice price.... To me this is just a way to tack back on the discount to bring it back to MSRP...

Is this a regular charge?
theleprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
NO. He is talking BS as a way to try to convince you that the extra "charge" is something you should pay. Say no thanks and walk away if need be. This is akin to the BS documentation fees. Just remember a better deal can always be found if your patient enough.

Talk to Scotty or Becky one of the other dealers here that have earned the trust of the membership. You'll see.
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
superman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Haha that is the one of the shadiest business practices. All he's doing is trying to make you feel good that you got invoice and then tack on his "mandatory" 1%. That's BS in my book. Go to a better dealer and get invoice or close to it and then show this dealer the quote. If he can't beat it than screw him.

If it smells like BS that you're questioning it, it most likely is BS.
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
theleprechaun

Drives: None
According to the dealer that is Advertising Fee's...... Is that a legit arguments. I don't recall paying that on my other 3 vehicles.
theleprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Some dealers try to make you pay "ad fees" and some don't... Just because they ask you to pay it doesn't mean that you have to do so.... Plenty of dealers don't charge that. Go to one that doesn't.
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
don't pay it.
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theleprechaun View Post
According to the dealer that is Advertising Fee's...... Is that a legit arguments. I don't recall paying that on my other 3 vehicles.
That is 100% pure BS. GM has already added in advertising fees into the final cost of the vehicle.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
That is 100% pure BS. GM has already added in advertising fees into the final cost of the vehicle.
Wrong.

Advertising fees are billed seperately to the dealer, and vary on a quarterly [usually] basis depend on ad campaigns at that time. Local market saturation, performance, ad rates, and revenues all come into play in this particular equation.

That being said, I wouldn't pay the 1%.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
Wrong.

Advertising fees are billed seperately to the dealer, and vary on a quarterly [usually] basis depend on ad campaigns at that time. Local market saturation, performance, ad rates, and revenues all come into play in this particular equation.

That being said, I wouldn't pay the 1%.
Sorry bud but your the one wrong.

Advertising fees are figured into the invoice pricing of the car by GM. This is why if you bother to research invoice pricing for a vehicle there will be a notation that different regions of the country have different advertising fees which alter the invoice pricing.

Feel free to pm Camaroscotty, Becky at Rodgers Chevy, Frank in MD, or any of the other dealers here on the forum. Or you can just look at the many threads on the subject in which they have already said this EXACT SAME THING.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Sorry bud but your the one wrong.

Advertising fees are figured into the invoice pricing of the car by GM. This is why if you bother to research invoice pricing for a vehicle there will be a notation that different regions of the country have different advertising fees which alter the invoice pricing.

Feel free to pm Camaroscotty, Becky at Rodgers Chevy, Frank in MD, or any of the other dealers here on the forum. Or you can just look at the many threads on the subject in which they have already said this EXACT SAME THING.
Only if the dealer elects that option. Most don't. The ad money that GM would bill them per unit is more than they would have to spend on local markets, in almost every case. Of the 13 dealers owned by my friend in Florida, only one has the ad money rolled into the invoice.

Sales people [of which I was one] are rarely, if ever involved in this process.

I can go into this much further in a PM if you'd like. What we would discuss from here on out would upset a few people who think they know much more than they do.

Not trying to start an argument, just have a very close contact at GM who actually pays the bills and writes the checks.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Draco and Tallboy:

Stop threadjacking. The OP just wants to know what's up with the 1%, and rough estimate here but 99% of C5 will tell you the dealer is full of BS
Old 08-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 2SS/RS CGM #75,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lade View Post
NO. He is talking BS as a way to try to convince you that the extra "charge" is something you should pay. Say no thanks and walk away if need be. This is akin to the BS documentation fees. Just remember a better deal can always be found if your patient enough.

Talk to Scotty or Becky one of the other dealers here that have earned the trust of the membership. You'll see.
Absolutely PM CamaroScotty or BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet - class act and will treat you right. Good Luck.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Draco and Tallboy:

Stop threadjacking. The OP just wants to know what's up with the 1%, and rough estimate here but 99% of C5 will tell you the dealer is full of BS
You're right. I was out of line. Sorry. :(
Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I don't add 1%
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote