Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #1541
Ant

 
Drives: 2014 Mazda3 :-/
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 853
Don't know if any of you saw my thread yet, but...

Here's my deal as of today.

My car is being routed to a dealership that won't honor my $500 deposit because my original dealership closed. Last week, I re-ordered with my dealer (gave another $500) because I really didn't want to deal with a place that wouldn't even eat the $500.

Well I just found out that my allocation number is 20, and my dealer only gets 4 per month.

My dealer said it could be sooner, but it would probably take until between Halloween and Thanksgiving to get delivery of my car.

I know a lot have been waiting way longer, but I have been waiting since December for this car.

My dealer said he'll refund the $500 deposit I left when I re-ordered, but not the money I left at the closed dealership (the salespeople had moved from the closed dealership to the current one, which is why they honored the other $500).

So should I cancel my new order, and get my car which has a TPW of 7/13, but lose out on $500, or wait 3-4 months and get another $500+ off the car?
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #1542
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Same here, the factory GFX have grown on me, but they are expensive, I can't wait to see what the aftermarket has as well, i hope something soon, I want to get them on and painted along with my stripes ASAP!

I have always liked STEEDA's chin spoilers for the mustang, I'd like to find something similar for the CAMARO!


This one on the Vette is nice!

I worked at Steeda almost 5 years ago...

That CF Chin on the Corvette runs 1500 dollars so doubt most people would pay Corvette price points.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #1543
novajess1972
I Done Caught Diabeetus.
 
novajess1972's Avatar
 
Drives: 1972 Chevelle SS/2010 Tundra
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston/Humble
Posts: 591
The ABM is tight....even dirty.
__________________
CANCELLED ORDER: 1SS/CGM/MN6/BLACK RALLY STRIPES
novajess1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #1544
jdbaker82
Banned
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 425
Just putting this out there for anyone who can still change their order. Go see ABM IN PERSON because it IS NOT the same color as it appears on computer monitors when you look at it in person and in sunlight it has a greenish tint to that you CANNOT see from photos. Originally I wanted ABM and switched to IBM.
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #1545
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,280
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
Just putting this out there for anyone who can still change their order. Go see ABM IN PERSON because it IS NOT the same color as it appears on computer monitors when you look at it in person and in sunlight it has a greenish tint to that you CANNOT see from photos. Originally I wanted ABM and switched to IBM.


Be sure to see it on a Camaro not any other car... it's not the same...
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:52 AM   #1546
NightmareSS

 
NightmareSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Staten Island, NYC
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
Don't know if any of you saw my thread yet, but...

Here's my deal as of today.

My car is being routed to a dealership that won't honor my $500 deposit because my original dealership closed. Last week, I re-ordered with my dealer (gave another $500) because I really didn't want to deal with a place that wouldn't even eat the $500.

Well I just found out that my allocation number is 20, and my dealer only gets 4 per month.

My dealer said it could be sooner, but it would probably take until between Halloween and Thanksgiving to get delivery of my car.

I know a lot have been waiting way longer, but I have been waiting since December for this car.

My dealer said he'll refund the $500 deposit I left when I re-ordered, but not the money I left at the closed dealership (the salespeople had moved from the closed dealership to the current one, which is why they honored the other $500).

So should I cancel my new order, and get my car which has a TPW of 7/13, but lose out on $500, or wait 3-4 months and get another $500+ off the car?
personally id pay the 500...i couldnt wait till fall for this car...no way in hell...but i dont understand why u cant get ur money back from the closed dealership? they cant just keep ur money like that can they?
__________________
NightmareSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #1547
jdbaker82
Banned
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post


Be sure to see it on a Camaro not any other car... it's not the same...
not sure what you mean I did see it on a Camaro :I
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 AM   #1548
b4z

 
Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,316
there was some discussion of this a while back, but did we determine that the corvette jetstream blue and the camaro abm are different colors?
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #1549
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,824
Yes, they are different, but somewhat similar, colors. Jetstream blue is a lot lighter of a blue. I would like to see the two next to each other, though.
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #1550
NightmareSS

 
NightmareSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Staten Island, NYC
Posts: 1,388
there was a time when i wished the had jet stream blue instead of abm...but i saw a jsb vette not to long ago and it looks a lil girly...just a little, but i like abm better nower days
__________________
NightmareSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #1551
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
not sure what you mean I did see it on a Camaro :I
All he's saying is that the paint behaves differently on the Camaro than on the HHR. Probably differently than on the Colorado, too, but I don't really know.

I've seen all three cars in the same color, but the Camaro I've only seen in overcast conditions, where it showed off its teal attributes. I think the paint looks weird on the HHR and I've seen the Aqua Blue Colorado multiple times in multiple lighting conditions. There was only one condition that I didn't like the paint on the Colorado and I've never seen it again. It was right around a strong sunset and the Colorado looked turquoise. I've also seen the Colorado look like a lot of the pictures here in this thread, albeit maybe a bit darker of a blue.

I still think that this is the best representation of Aqua Blue Metallic that I've seen thus far (on a computer):

Click for high res.
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #1552
BrianGriffin78

 
BrianGriffin78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
there was some discussion of this a while back, but did we determine that the corvette jetstream blue and the camaro abm are different colors?
The Camaro ABM is much richer, and is also darker.
__________________
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #1553
Ant

 
Drives: 2014 Mazda3 :-/
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
personally id pay the 500...i couldnt wait till fall for this car...no way in hell...but i dont understand why u cant get ur money back from the closed dealership? they cant just keep ur money like that can they?
Apparently they can. :(
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #1554
Blue Maro Demon

 
Blue Maro Demon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,193
My new Aqua Blue Camaro RS is now in transit on the truck!!!
It will be here any day now either this week or next week. I will post pics when I get it even though there have been a ton of pics already. I'm excited even if it is the v6
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official IMPERIAL BLUE METALLIC (IBM) Camaro Thread RLHMARINES Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 2411 07-15-2016 05:32 PM
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
ABM (aqua blue metallic) and Camaro Black Concept at St. Louis Auto Show Liberty1 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 37 04-17-2011 10:23 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.