Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #3001
Blue Bandit

Drives: 2010 2LT RS AQUA BLUE
ABM

My ABM and Peanut
Attached Images

Blue Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #3002
TJMcGee

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LT Camaro RS
Finally bit the bullet

My uncle just got a hold of a 2LT ABM for me. I'd been looking around for a while at pictures of peoples Camaros when I stumbled on this forum. I love the color. It'll be a nice little Christmas present for myself. It should be sitting in my driveway when I come off active duty for a few weeks for Christmas. Wonder how it handles on the icy Massachusetts roads!
TJMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #3003
vernal

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
New owner here, to share my ABM story. I heard from a friend who drives by a dealer that they had a Camaro in the lot, it was sunny out, so I said "What the heck" and went to take a gander. Thats it, I just wanted to see it in person. They had an RS and an ABM 2SS with white rally stripes parked right next to each other; I have no idea what color the RS was, cause the ABM was so awesome. I looked, and I looked, and I drove, and I looked, and looked some more, and I bought it. I only went to look, but that engine and that color made me make my most expensive impulse buy ever! No regrets so far, but I wonder if it was any other color would I still have bought it. The interplay of colors, the deep blue with surprise flashes of green and the metallic flake, just awesome! I have to believe that the consensus here is right, the color just doesn't reproduce well, but in person it is so fantastic I was shocked to hear they canceled it. Oh well, their loss. I recommend anyone on the fence about this color find a dealer who has one in inventory before it is too late!
vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #3004
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernal View Post
New owner here, to share my ABM story. I heard from a friend who drives by a dealer that they had a Camaro in the lot, it was sunny out, so I said "What the heck" and went to take a gander. Thats it, I just wanted to see it in person. They had an RS and an ABM 2SS with white rally stripes parked right next to each other; I have no idea what color the RS was, cause the ABM was so awesome. I looked, and I looked, and I drove, and I looked, and looked some more, and I bought it. I only went to look, but that engine and that color made me make my most expensive impulse buy ever! No regrets so far, but I wonder if it was any other color would I still have bought it. The interplay of colors, the deep blue with surprise flashes of green and the metallic flake, just awesome! I have to believe that the consensus here is right, the color just doesn't reproduce well, but in person it is so fantastic I was shocked to hear they canceled it. Oh well, their loss. I recommend anyone on the fence about this color find a dealer who has one in inventory before it is too late!
Vernal welcome to the family of discontinued and rare gen 5 camaros. Iam sure as are the rest of ABM owners you will enjoy the camaro very much. All we ask is to see some pictures.
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #3005
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
TJ Mcgee and Vernal welcome to the family of discontinued and rare gen 5 camaros. Iam sure as are the rest of ABM owners you will enjoy your camaro's very much. All we ask is to see some pictures.
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #3006
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Added a little touch..

I really like it and if its sunny tomorrow I need to try and get some in the light.

My factory rally stripes had to be redone so I had them add a little color. to match my RS badges. breast cancer sticker in honor of a dear friend of mine, added red bowties to rims. Its like 10 degrees out tonight burrr..
Attached Images

geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #3007
vernal

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
Here are my best ones so far. Naturally it has rained almost constantly since I bought it. And for good measure, one with a car like I almost bought.
Attached Images

vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #3008
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Like the red accent stripes. I'm a NY Giants fan and thought of doing that on the outside of my silver rallys. In the end, was too chicken! Looks great!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #3009
geminidreams

I am happy with it that's all the really counts right lol... I just can't wait for spring / summer to really enjoy my car. That was the hard part about finally getting it in the fall not a lot of driving time with it. So I think of things to do to it .. Not to much just a little that shows my personality .. Its really really cold out right now I bet 8 degrees ..
Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #3010
geminidreams

One good thing at least with vinyl if you get tired of it down the road you can take it off
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #3011
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
i keep going back and forth on the vinyl for mine...when i get it. i want rally stripes. i want them to extend past the hood and just over the spoiler. i like having them painted on for washing/waxing purposes, and they also look better in my opinion. the only reasons i'm really considering the vinyl ones are for the cost, can get them quicker than painting them on, really there is not much downtime of not having the car (it'll be my daily driver and can't go too long without a car), and i can take them off in the future if i decide to sell or something (basically i can return it to stock..it being a rare color for the car/year it might be a good idea).
Old 12-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #3012
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Well, that sounds like the ABM that we sold....

2014 SS Performance Sedan - Red Hot 2 - Black Leather. S/R. Full size spare.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:29 AM   #3013
TitanTerry

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2LT, RS, ABM
It amazes me how Chevy's add of colors in post #3032 does not really show the true color as seen in all photos posted here. If they had a better representation of the color in there color selection I think they would have sold many more ABM cars. I have gotten nothing but amazing comments to the color of my car since I got it in September. Everywhere I go people say the color makes the car and they love it. Not one person has said they don't like the color, in fact 60 -75% of them it is the first comment out of their mouth... I sure am glad I got this color!

~ It's not a car...
~ IT'S A CAMARO!
~

Ordered: 07/02/09
HOME - 9/25/09
TitanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #3014
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
I had to pick something up from the local Buick/Pontiac dealership yesterday and started talking with one of the salesmen about my car. Three others showed up and, as I was leaving to walk to the receptionist's desk, they all agreed that ABM is the best color on the Camaro. The salesman was shocked when I told him it was canceled.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #3015
geminidreams

I get the same comments as well gotta love this color right lol.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #3016
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Funny thing is we now have a 2010 Impala in ABM, but it's not quite the same....

2014 SS Performance Sedan - Red Hot 2 - Black Leather. S/R. Full size spare.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #3017
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

That's the problem. The color doesn't reproduce well online. It's even hard to reproduce with photography without the right lighting. As a result, customers were not beating down the dealers door for it because they couldn't see it first. With regard to dealers, they have some experience with this color on Impala, HHR and Colorado. As Rockmont says, simply blah on an Impala or HHR due to the rounded corners that don't allow the metallic effect to shine through. Looked good on Colorado, but not many out there to see either. Dealers simply didn't want to take the risk on a stock order in ABM when they were turning the other colors so well.

In addition, Oshawa has a limited number of colors it can have in the plant due to infrastructure constraints. When they added Summit White over the summer, they had to get rid of another. Although it has caught up a little recently, the low runner at the time was ABM by a long shot. Contrary to rumor, ABM was NOT killed to put in Synergy Green. Adding Summit White killed ABM. Synergy Green is a "one-off" which the plant can still do in low volumes as a special edition without disrupting normal production. The fate of ABM was sealed around the time of the 2009 GM Nationals in Carlisle, PA...well before Synergy Green was even in the plan. Trust me, I work for GM and know the straight scoop.

Bottom line, the best color on the Camaro (IMO) got the ax early for 2 reasons. Low early natural customer demand and lack of dealer interest in creating a market for it. Can't blame customers or dealers for it. Was just hard to market this color without seeing it in person. GM designers had high hopes for this color. In fact, a lot of the early concept sketches were done in this color. Two are shown below.

For those of us lucky enough to have one, including me, it all adds up to a rare car and an instant classic in 20 years for those that hold on and take care of them.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #3018
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
That's the problem. The color doesn't reproduce well online. It's even hard to reproduce with photography without the right lighting. As a result, customers were not beating down the dealers door for it because they couldn't see it first. With regard to dealers, they have some experience with this color on Impala, HHR and Colorado. As Rockmont says, simply blah on an Impala or HHR due to the rounded corners that don't allow the metallic effect to shine through. Looked good on Colorado, but not many out there to see either. Dealers simply didn't want to take the risk on a stock order in ABM when they were turning the other colors so well.

In addition, Oshawa has a limited number of colors it can have in the plant due to infrastructure constraints. When they added Summit White over the summer, they had to get rid of another. Although it has caught up a little recently, the low runner at the time was ABM by a long shot. Contrary to rumor, ABM was NOT killed to put in Synergy Green. Adding Summit White killed ABM. Synergy Green is a "one-off" which the plant can still do in low volumes as a special edition without disrupting normal production. The fate of ABM was sealed around the time of the 2009 GM Nationals in Carlisle, PA...well before Synergy Green was even in the plan. Trust me, I work for GM and know the straight scoop.

Bottom line, the best color on the Camaro (IMO) got the ax early for 2 reasons. Low early natural customer demand and lack of dealer interest in creating a market for it. Can't blame customers or dealers for it. Was just hard to market this color without seeing it in person. GM designers had high hopes for this color. In fact, a lot of the early concept sketches were done in this color. Two are shown below.

For those of us lucky enough to have one, including me, it all adds up to a rare car and an instant classic in 20 years for those that hold on and take care of them.

Summit White did not kill ABM... Summit White was always in the plan. The plan was to add SW when the Impala line added it as well. Scott (fbodfather) said himself that a low volume color will get cut and replaced period... that's how it works. ABM was the lowest, done. IF SW killed it, it would have been gone prior to SW becoming available.

I do agree with you on the part about it not getting out there or marketed the way it needed to be by GM or dealers. I have not had a single negative comment on the color everyone tells me it's the best color they have seen hands down. I am glad to have the rarity of it now.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #3019
BlakeAlden

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidreams View Post
I really like it and if its sunny tomorrow I need to try and get some in the light.

My factory rally stripes had to be redone so I had them add a little color. to match my RS badges. breast cancer sticker in honor of a dear friend of mine, added red bowties to rims. Its like 10 degrees out tonight burrr..
I think the extra stripes look incredible. Looking forward to your pics in the sunlight.
BlakeAlden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #3020
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
I like the ABM much more than that silly Synergy Green

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #3021
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Summit White did not kill ABM... Summit White was always in the plan. The plan was to add SW when the Impala line added it as well. Scott (fbodfather) said himself that a low volume color will get cut and replaced period... that's how it works. ABM was the lowest, done. IF SW killed it, it would have been gone prior to SW becoming available.

I do agree with you on the part about it not getting out there or marketed the way it needed to be by GM or dealers. I have not had a single negative comment on the color everyone tells me it's the best color they have seen hands down. I am glad to have the rarity of it now.
Yes, Summit White was always in the plan. When it came in, it was going to replace the low runner. That was, and still is, ABM. My point was that Summit White DID kill it by coming in, not Synergy Green, as has been rumored in many threads. The plant has been running 1 color over since Summit White came in as the plant can only produce a limited number of colors in volume. The relatively low volume of ABM allowed them to continue it along with SW for awhile. If Synergy Green didn't come in, ABM was still done. Had the discussion personally at Carlisle with Settlemire, Fitzpatrick and Pilcher. I work in Chevy marketing with all three of them on a daily basis. When Synergy Green is done, it will not be replaced with another volume color. We will do other colors, but they will be more special edition in nature. IOW, low volume.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #3022
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
In fact, a lot of the early concept sketches were done in this color. Two are shown below.
I'm next to positive those are the two that I photoshopped. The original pictures are red/orange, although I've seen the first in a grayish blue, too.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #3023
Danny Thomas

Drives: 67 RS, 81 Turbo TA, 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Danny Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

Spoke with GM rep in charge of colors at SEMA..said same thing...Low sales of this color. Also saw a ad board at their booth that was specing a camaro . the car was orange but not the orange that is presently on the camaro. I believe it was call Dark Argent Orange--almost like a Sunset Orange, accordding to the specs. Wonder if there is another color change coming? I decided to bite the bullet and secure one of the last ABM cars--2SS RS. It arrived at my dealer yesterday and pick up next week. Now for some painted charcoal rally stripes and Forgeline wheels.
Danny Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #3024
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
I'm next to positive those are the two that I photoshopped. The original pictures are red/orange, although I've seen the first in a grayish blue, too.
They may be your photoshops. Can't be sure as I don't know the original source. They've been going around in GM for some time. I did see some original sketches in ABM in early 2007. These looked close, so I posted them. The design staff has the most say in the exterior colors offered on all our vehicles. Glad they did ABM, even for a short while!
Old 12-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #3025
mitchel

Drives: 1LT ABM/Silver stripes
aqua blue camaro

picked up my new 1lt camaro auto aqua blue with silver stripes love the color
combo gray int. only wish door and dash trim where silver not black easy fix just need time love the look so glad i didn't get yellow my first pick
mitch pictures to come
mitchel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!