Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #4761
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2005 TITAN
It is cool being one of the few blue but it would nice if they did a limeted run on the Z-28.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #4762
mvarley

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth-ss View Post
It is cool being one of the few blue but it would nice if they did a limeted run on the Z-28.
I'm with you on the limited run for the Z-28.
Mike
mvarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #4763
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I would be in so much trouble I would have to have a Z-28 forsure if it came in my fav color ABM... Wow that would be awesome.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #4764
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Don't go there I can't afford it...........
Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #4765
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
i'm going to get the lip part by the headlights blacked out this weekend. i'll take photos for you so you can check out how it looks on our color in a real photo instead of photoshop. the photoshop was very good, but it's never the same
Race ya.

Mine should be painted, I hope, by then. I would like to have it back by then because I am going Nucking Futs without her. I don't know what I am going to do over the winter. Oh yea, I going to start on the horsepower stuff, He he he.

I am also thinking of doing the rear bumper ala LS7 and doing a black chrome thing on the chrome bezels around the tail lights. Kinda like this .

Has anyone else done this?

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #4766
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
oh, didn't know you were getting it painted already and so soon!! guess you can show me! :lol

i'm not a fan of that on the rear. i did just the area around the bowtie. getting it done in flat black saturday though cause it was done in glossy and the sizing was a little off. the guy is redoing it for me.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #4767
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

So you did just the trunk? Between the tailights or just around the bowtie?

Like this

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #4768
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I put the decals on my silver calipers today, looks amazing really flows with the theme, the red looks good with the red on the SS and cowl "LS3" decal.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #4769
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Looks good SummoneR.

So I stopped by the body shop again today to see where they are and it looks like tomorrow it painting day, YEA!!!!! God I can't stand the wait to get her back. I took some pictures for my update.

One more primer/sanding round and she is ready for paint.
Name:  IMAG02071.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  97.3 KB

New bumper.
Name:  IMAG0203.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  89.6 KB

Old bumper and all the quality checks in different colors.
Name:  IMAG0204.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  97.7 KB

I need to make my decision by tomorrow morning on what I am going to do with the front splitter as well as the LS7 coloring around the front headlights and rear taillights. Whether to go glossy or flat with the black paint. On the rear chrome taillight surrounds, they are dipping some chrome rims in the black chrome tonight so I will be able to see what they look like tomorrow so I can make up my mind. I sound so wishy washy here. Once I make up my mind I stick with it but coming to a conclusion on this is testing even my own patience.

I think the glossy black will look classy and easier to wax where the flat black will look more sinister and I won't be able to wax at all. I have seen pix of both and like both so that doesn't make it any easier. Well I guess I will sleep on it and worse case I will flip a coin.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!

Last edited by TBone; 10-20-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Photo change
Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #4770
SummoneR
Paul

Thanks TBone!
Can't wait to see what you decide on your car! Post gratuitous pics!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #4771
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
So you did just the trunk? Between the tailights or just around the bowtie?

Like this

T.
Just around the bowtie (the SS in that pic)...not between the tail lights.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:06 AM   #4772
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

TripleB,

Looks like you are going to beat me. The body shop wanted to do some more primer and sanding before painting. My goodness it seems like I am never going to get her back.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #4773
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

here's the new rear blackout i got done. was glossy before, now it's matte black. i like the matte way more. i'll have the front lip done next week. it wasn't ready yet when i went this weekend.

oh, and these are HDR images on the new iphone 4. i think it does a decent job with HDR.
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #4774
SummoneR
Paul

I like the Matte look better too TripleB, where did you get it done? was it a kit you bought or did you have a shop do it?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #4775
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

TripleB,

Do you have pics of the rear when it was glossy? Have you given any thoughts to how you are going to keep that area free of wax because my understanding is you can't wax the matte black?

Good pix though and it does look good.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #4776
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Watkins Glen road trip

Hello ABM family member our club went out the finger lake region of ny for a fun day of car show and a few laps at the track and just horsing around as you can see . Phantom.5ss,Xx CoolBluexX and myself were three of the 21 cars. here are a couple videos links to watch. good times . My burn out, Cool blues track.

to check out still pics click on the c5 logo and go to the last three pages
Old 10-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #4777
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I like the Matte look better too TripleB, where did you get it done? was it a kit you bought or did you have a shop do it?
thanks! i had MNP Customs do it for me. he's trying to become a sponsor on here, but you can still visit his website to get stuff. he'll ship it out to you with install instructions. he was waiting until he had everything done before becoming a sponsor on here though. he's still working on getting a few more graphics measured out. he's been using my car for some of it. he did my hash marks, side marker tint, bowties, bowties on the rims, and tail light tint as well...and he'll be doing my front lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
TripleB,

Do you have pics of the rear when it was glossy? Have you given any thoughts to how you are going to keep that area free of wax because my understanding is you can't wax the matte black?

Good pix though and it does look good.

T.
the guy who detailed my car also detailed a buddy of mine's car (the jerk on here). he's got the hocket stripes in matte black and told him some stuff to use on the stripes. i'll be using that. gotta ask him the name of the stuff again because i forgot.

here are pics of the glossy...not the best, but all i can find right now.
Attached Images

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!