Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #851
Ant

 
Drives: 2014 Mazda3 :-/
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
A couple of more...





What someone said above, the car looks different colors in different shades of light. That is what I love about it. It is just a rich dynamic color. I was going to get silver, but felt it was too boring. I saw an SS at the dealer a few weeks ago, so glad I changed. Did not impress me. It is all personal preference of course.
Awesome pics! Love the one in your garage, it looks great in that shade.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #852
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door
 
Matt'sSS's Avatar
 
Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
One more shot from the Camera phone this morning after being cleaned up. I took some shots with my Sony camera will get those up later tonight for you guys!

Any luck on those high res picts?

When you say "after being cleaned up" you mean the car not the picture right?

Is that nice bright blue in the picture an accurate representation of what you see out on a nice day? This is one of the more pure blue pictures I've seen, but there's been a couple out lately, just wondering if common in good lighting (nice bright day, but not in direct sunlight maybe is the trick?).

Thank you!
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #853
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line
 
fixxer56's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
BTW, any chance you could PS the LS7 hood like this on an ABM car? I'm really wanting to see what it looks like? Thanks and welcome back to ABM world!
Attached Images
 
__________________
One of the "Few Blue"
fixxer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #854
bluecamaroguy
 
bluecamaroguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
There is no greenish hue to it. It compliments to a darker blue in the shade and in the sun it compliments to a lighter blue. There is no green.

Feminine? Red is more Feminine, imo.
Im concerned about the green too. So there is no green whatsoever? I consider this pic having a green tinge, it doesn't look like this right?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1224395939
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #855
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecamaroguy View Post
Im concerned about the green too. So there is no green whatsoever? I consider this pic having a green tinge, it doesn't look like this right?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1224395939
That pic is the pic that made me hate Aqua Blue Metallic. I was incredibly disappointed because I wanted a "blue" car, but not the dark Imperial Blue Metallic... but after looking at all the pics here, I think it's pretty save to say that this color is BLUE
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #856
Ant

 
Drives: 2014 Mazda3 :-/
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 848
Here are some pics my Dad took of Brian's car. Hope you don't mind me posting these, Brian lol.





Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #857
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,816
Not to steal anyone's thunder, but is this what you're looking for, fixxer?
Attached Images
 
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #858
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,960
Unhappy

hmm... I always follow along in this thread cuz you guys are cool, but there suddenly seems to be bunch of posts missing... what did I miss? I haven't seen anything bad or worth deleting... just people talking about ABM Camaros...?
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #859
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line
 
fixxer56's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
Not to steal anyone's thunder, but is this what you're looking for, fixxer?
YES ! Thanks much Venom! That looks wild!
__________________
One of the "Few Blue"
fixxer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #860
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,223
I've indicated before that these photo threads may be cleaned up from time to time and regular discussion posts removed to keep the ratio of photos to discussions reasonable. These threads are really meant to feature photos of the color so people can references photos of the cars efficiently without having to read through pages and pages of discussions. Reactions to photos posted from time to time are fine and I'm in no way discouraging discussion, but perhaps lengthy debates regarding the color would be better served in a separate thread not in the Photos forum. Thanks.
__________________
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #861
BrianGriffin78

 
BrianGriffin78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
I've indicated before that these photo threads may be cleaned up from time to time and regular discussion posts removed to keep the ratio of photos to discussions reasonable. These threads are really meant to feature photos of the color so people can references photos of the cars efficiently without having to read through pages and pages of discussions. Reactions to photos posted from time to time are fine and I'm in no way discouraging discussion, but perhaps lengthy debates regarding the color would be better served in a separate thread not in the Photos forum. Thanks.
Thanks for the explanation that is all I asked for.
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #862
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
I've indicated before that these photo threads may be cleaned up from time to time and regular discussion posts removed to keep the ratio of photos to discussions reasonable. These threads are really meant to feature photos of the color so people can references photos of the cars efficiently without having to read through pages and pages of discussions. Reactions to photos posted from time to time are fine and I'm in no way discouraging discussion, but perhaps lengthy debates regarding the color would be better served in a separate thread not in the Photos forum. Thanks.
Thanks for not pulling a GM on us

(meaning: thanks for the explanation )
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #863
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,807
Hello all, this is my first post to this forum, although I've been a constant visitor to camaro5 for quite some time now. Its been far and away the best camaro resource I've found on the web.

No I didn't get in an early order like many of you, but I'm thinking that towards the end of this year, or this comming spring that I will (hopefully) be the proud owner of a 2010 camaro!

Now, on to my question,
BrianGriffin78 - congrats on your beauftiful ABM camaro! I personally am considering one with silver glossy stripes. I've also been trying to decide between the painted rims, or the polished. What are the rims on your car? In the sun they look very shiny, but in the darker shots they look like they could be the painted ones. (they look great in my opinion)

I've seen the polished on a VR camaro in person and loved em. But on the other hand, my g/f has painted rims on her 08 eclipse SE and they also look pretty good when they are all shined up.

Thanks!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #864
BrianGriffin78

 
BrianGriffin78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hello all, this is my first post to this forum, although I've been a constant visitor to camaro5 for quite some time now. Its been far and away the best camaro resource I've found on the web.

No I didn't get in an early order like many of you, but I'm thinking that towards the end of this year, or this comming spring that I will (hopefully) be the proud owner of a 2010 camaro!

Now, on to my question,
BrianGriffin78 - congrats on your beauftiful ABM camaro! I personally am considering one with silver glossy stripes. I've also been trying to decide between the painted rims, or the polished. What are the rims on your car? In the sun they look very shiny, but in the darker shots they look like they could be the painted ones. (they look great in my opinion)

I've seen the polished on a VR camaro in person and loved em. But on the other hand, my g/f has painted rims on her 08 eclipse SE and they also look pretty good when they are all shined up.

Thanks!

Good question, I was considering getting after market polished wheels when I found out I ordered the painted ones. I am sticking with the painted ones I have now. They look good enough. I was even able to line me car side by side with the dealer's floor car with polished wheels. They looked very similar. So I think painted is just fine, imo.

Edit: When Ant's dad took those pics I had just cleaned and polished them. Came back from the shore so washed and polished my car earlier that day.

Shore = Salt residue.
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #865
BrianGriffin78

 
BrianGriffin78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 920
I am buying a new camera, an even better one. Figured I'll test out the first shots on my car. Any special requests?
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #866
DDustiNN

 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
Good question, I was considering getting after market polished wheels when I found out I ordered the painted ones. I am sticking with the painted ones I have now. They look good enough. I was even able to line me car side by side with the dealer's floor car with polished wheels. They looked very similar. So I think painted is just fine, imo.

Edit: When Ant's dad took those pics I had just cleaned and polished them. Came back from the shore so washed and polished my car earlier that day.

Shore = Salt residue.
Brian, I have been wondering the same thing KM asked you... I was thinking you had the upgraded polished wheels, but in the garage they looked darker... so you are saying you have the Midnight Silver wheels?? If so, then wow, they are bright in your outdoor pics! They were much darker when I saw them in person on fbodfather's car, although it was a cloudy/gloomy day... wonder if that made the difference.

Regardless, I'm jealous of you right now
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #867
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door
 
Matt'sSS's Avatar
 
Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
I am buying a new camera, an even better one. Figured I'll test out the first shots on my car. Any special requests?
What color of interior did you get? if by chance it's beige cloth I'd love some interior picts, and more picts of the back of the car as well, doin good with the fronts & sides methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Brian, I have been wondering the same thing KM asked you... I was thinking you had the upgraded polished wheels, but in the garage they looked darker... so you are saying you have the Midnight Silver wheels?? If so, then wow, they are bright in your outdoor pics! They were much darker when I saw them in person on fbodfather's car, although it was a cloudy/gloomy day... wonder if that made the difference.

Regardless, I'm jealous of you right now
Brian's is not an RS, I'm guessing they're the silver ones.
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official IMPERIAL BLUE METALLIC (IBM) Camaro Thread RLHMARINES Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 2386 12-20-2015 08:27 PM
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 01:25 PM
ABM (aqua blue metallic) and Camaro Black Concept at St. Louis Auto Show Liberty1 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 37 04-17-2011 11:23 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.