Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Surging when cold?

I am wondering whether this is common or unusual. Had had my 2SS A6 for less than a week, but am curious. When I fire up the car in the morning and put it in reverse (or drive) after 30 or 60 seconds and start to move the car slowly out of the garage, the car doesn't move forward smoothly. It kind of surges a little, even though the I'm holding the gas pedal at one position. Have you noticed it on your car at all? Trying to figure out if this is typical for this car when cold or if it's symptom of something else...
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Yup, normal. You will find many threads about the cold LS engines...mine bucks when i take off, no matter how smoothly I let out the clutch...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
normal herky jerkies
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Normal, every car will take about a 30 secs to stabilize. I fire mine up, then put on my seat beat, get comfy, set radio, check mirrors, whatever. By the time I am ready to move the engine has been running for about 2 mins and has calmed down and ready to rock!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote