Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #26
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sero View Post
I hope they try and incorporate something like drivesoft, or the new Micro$oft Sync. A radio with an HDD would be fine for me, XM or Sirius would be fine too, as like MJA said, no ugly ass antennae on it.
Well, right now Sync is just a Ford thing. Just like On-Star is a GM thing. I'm not sure what kind of contract MS and Ford have, but I really can't see myself using voice controls for my stereo...

All I need is an MP3 jack on the front, or a Disc Changer input on the back (can be made to support MP3 player as well). I rarely listen to the radio unless I want a traffic report, and I doubt too many satellite stations will be giving local traffic every 10 minutes like my AM news station does.

Other than that, as long as the sound quality is decent, I won't need to replace the stereo. At least not anytime soon.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #27
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
satellite radio is nice, but it is old news ive had it for years in my cars,, the new craze satellite tv for your car, some dodge vehicles come with it now, and aftermarket units are starting to pop up,, so far only a few channels,
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #28
Good53X

Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
No subscriptions for me thanks, take it out. Along with your dealer badge
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #29
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I definitely want satellite radio. In LA, there are absolutely no open radio stations, so it is very, very hard to use my FM transmitter for my ipod.

More than likely the new Camaro will use the same thing most other cars are doing now. You won't even use that FM Transmitter for the MP3 Player, it will plug into a jack directly into the radio.

I certainly am hoping for that.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #30
Pencil.Fight

My '07 Aveo LS (the most basic model) has no CD player, but it has an MP3 Jack. This should give you a little glimpse into Chevy's priorities regarding media playback.

I can almost guarantee you 100% that the Camaro will have some kind of MP3 input.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #31
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Please...elaborate.
Sorry guys for the delay! I just noticed this post of mine from a long time ago.
Yeah, many moons ago in a place far away, a poll was taken with those present about a sound system and our choices. One was mentioned and it is not monsoon or any of the other past or present ones featured. All I can say is, "it will be sweet". If it is chosen. There will be no disappointments! Sorry, that is all I can say, I cannot betray a confidence. Hope you guys understand.
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #32
Pencil.Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3whiterag View Post
Sorry guys for the delay! I just noticed this post of mine from a long time ago.
Yeah, many moons ago in a place far away, a poll was taken with those present about a sound system and our choices. One was mentioned and it is not monsoon or any of the other past or present ones featured. All I can say is, "it will be sweet". If it is chosen. There will be no disappointments! Sorry, that is all I can say, I cannot betray a confidence. Hope you guys understand.
If you're talking about what Mbai thinks you're talking about, you already said which was mentioned in the poll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbai2 View Post
He was probably referring to this post :http://camaro5.com/forums/showpost.p...01&postcount=3

Boston Acoustics would be awesome as long as I can replace the headunit without messing with the factory amp and speakers.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #33
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
If you're talking about what Mbai thinks you're talking about, you already said which was mentioned in the poll...
Thank you! I am glad someone is on the ball! Now I know why I can't remember what I had for lunch today. I can't believe I said it. Yeah, Boston Accoustics.... That is it. Guess it is no longer to be kept under wraps. I for one, hope that is what is chosen.
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #34
Pencil.Fight

I'm going to have to agree, that would be pretty sweet. I've never had a car with anything close to a decent sound system, but this is going to be my car. None of my other cars have been nice enough to be worth upgrading, but the Camaro will be worth every dime that I can put into it to make it better. If it comes with an audio system that is good enough that I don't have to upgrade, that's all the better.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:39 PM   #35
WildCamaro
Long Live the Camaro

Drives: Bumblebee in my dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
I'm going to have to agree, that would be pretty sweet. I've never had a car with anything close to a decent sound system, but this is going to be my car. None of my other cars have been nice enough to be worth upgrading, but the Camaro will be worth every dime that I can put into it to make it better. If it comes with an audio system that is good enough that I don't have to upgrade, that's all the better.

I agree ! When this new beast becomes mine I'll probably be happy with anything other than the JVC I have now in my truck, which isn't bad mind you but Im sure whatever they put into the new Camaro it will be stellar enough for me..LOL
Old 11-23-2007, 01:42 AM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Oh, pleeeeeez let it be Boston Acoustics. I'd be so happy to know we would be getting a quality sound system. Of course, the JL subs and amp would still be installed....but the sound clarity would be rediculous!!!
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 PM   #37
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
it has an odd lookin cd changer ..... from the looks of the concept pics on ..... chevynation?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
yeah..it's vertical, isn't it? Definitely different
Old 11-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #39
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
yeah..it's vertical, isn't it? Definitely different
It may be Idk I just saw 1 2 3 on a knob so I assume its a 3 disc changer but yh u have to find the player first LOL
Old 11-29-2007, 03:44 AM   #40
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I switched all of the speakers in my ImpalaSS to Boston Acoustics, what a difference!!! Liked it so much I put BA in upstairs entertainment system and downstairs as well.
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #41
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 11VR2SSA6
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Not that it's a big deal to me really, but have you noticed that a lot of other vehicles are coming out with radio's that are integrated in such a way that there's no possible way anything aftermarket could replace it?

It's not exclusive to the Camaro Concept.
Actually, JL audio has an option for any radio shape. It wires into the existing system, but improves the quality like an aftermarket system. This way, you can keep the integrated look but have JL audio quality, which many would argue is the best in the affordable market.
The_Blur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^Which is exactly what I have done...if I understand you correctly.
The build of THRSS #2
Old 12-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #43
Nightblade
F-Body Fool

Drives: 2002 GMC Sierra Denali AWD 4WS
I would love it if GM got off their arses and put in a real stereo system too many other cars have great system even the Pontiac's Monsoon was a tons better than Chevy's Bose options

GM should dump the CD and put in a MP3/WMA DVD drive in it this way we can still play CD's but we could rip DVD's with Mp3/WMA's and get alot more time out of disc

definately needs a media player slot or plug in

hopefully they tweak their current Navigation system to allow like an iPod to connect to it or a cell phone with a Bluetooth adapter

GM has always been behind with the audio dept. it seems
1996 - Chevy K1500 Reg Cab SBox Black 5.7 Z71
2001 - Trans AM Ram Air Silver 5.7 6spd
2002 - Trans AM Convertible Auto 5.7
2002 - GMC Sierra Denali 6.0 AWD 4WS Green
2004 - Pontiac Grand Prix GTP SC'd Black Auto
Nightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #44
djgrind45

Drives: 02 wrangler
is it just me or on the dash right in the middle on a couple of concept pics. i see like a built in screen typ thing i can see words it looks like its for the radio ill try and find a pic. and they should def. put Bose sound system in the car
djgrind45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #45
djgrind45

Drives: 02 wrangler
these are the pictures im talking about i found them in this form you can see a screen typ thing right in the center of the dash above the radio

djgrind45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #46
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yup...but I do believe that is going to be for the concept only...not for production. You can't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing from a reputable source (bout a year ago) that the digital dash in that top center portion wasn't going to be like that. It would be nice if they could integrate something in there....as long as it looked nice.
The build of THRSS #2
Old 06-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #47
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
radio

all i need is a acc. plug in for my i-pod and im good.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #48
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Do GM even have a version like the Chrysler MyGIG and Fords Sync, if not they need to step up

If the maro comes with Boston acoustics would it be the first the first, last I checked Chrysler is contracted with Boston acoustics and GM is with Bose and what the type speakers does ford have, the other day I saw an top dog Focus and that bitch was thumping, and it was to new to be aftermarket cause it did not have any tags yet

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #49
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I gotta be honest, I hope they do something much more practical with the production controls. They look...silly in the concept
I agree. They need a sweeping interior somewhat like the new buick concepts, Cadillac CTS and Malibu. They could still incorporate most of the Camaro concept in this it would just have a more funtional and asthetically pleasing center section. The center section on the prepos is definantley not working.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #50
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Do GM even have a version like the Chrysler MyGIG and Fords Sync, if not they need to step up
they do it's called OnStar