Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
Bryan

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Coworker's experience with an SS

A coworker just got back from a business trip where they upgraded him to an SS Camaro. I asked him how he liked it and he said that he was amazed that when he hit the gas pedal the car would go faster no matter what speed he was at.

He said it must be geared differently than his Civic because when he hits the gas at 30 mph in that nothing happens. I told him that it was the 400 horse power and he was shocked. He apparently had no idea what kind of monster he was driving!

The girl that went with him was too scared to drive the car.

Anyway, not that interesting of a story but the shock on his face was priceless.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #2
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Reminds me of when I got the SS.

A LOT more powerful than I expected. I get to drive an Audi R8 soon and I cant wait to see how that feels.

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #3
Camaro8810

Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
I really need to test drive an SS to experience how it feels. I purposely declined to test one out when I was buying my Camaro because I knew there would be no going back to buying the V6 once I did. And the reason for that is I wanted to be save money. A wife and two little kids will do that to a man. Hehe. Hopefully I'll be able to comfortably afford the V8 once it's time to get my next Camaro. That's assuming V8's are still around in 5-8 years time.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 2SS/RS CGM #75,288
ha ha, that's funny. I knew that when they introduced the Camaro as "coming back" for the first time since 2002, I had to have one. Then I saw the prototype, then in real life on Transformers.

There was no question in my mind, V8 all the way, it's a Camaro - pure muscle at it's finest. Mine's a daily driver too, won't ever hear me complain about the extra $3-$4 per fill-up.

Hardest decision I had was what color to get!!
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote