|Article Tools||Search this Article|
DIY: SIDE GILL FADE AND OUTLINE INSTALL
(first draft pics and links coming)
Fades first, then outlines. Really difficult to line everything up, but it was worth the effort.
1. Clean hands and gills with alcohol and a lint free cotton towel.
2. Let dry COMPLETELY.
3. Spray install lube spray on gills. Don't be shy with the spray.
4. Install 1st fade from the top down, using your finger as a squeegee. If it's off a little, you can SLOWLY slide it into place.
5. Repeat steps 3,4 until all fades are installed.
6. Let dey 30 min or so in the sun.
7. Repeat steps 2,3,4,5 using Stripeman's outlines. Be CAREFUL. They're fragile!
8. After an hour, mist with water and wipe off excess lube. The lube is just 4 drops of Dawn in a cup of water, so it won't hurt anything.
After they are on about a week, you can wash and wax after you check for lifting.
Enjoy the look!