24 Jun, 2010
Camaro turbo kit in the works, good for nearly 800hp
Posted by: admin In: Main ()
The supercharger kits market for the Camaro is now fairly well established, with many of our members already having bolted these kits onto their new Camaros, with very reliable results. However, Camaro turbo kits have been longer in the making, with several abandoned or unreliable attempts that we can think of. We’re hoping that the tide is now turning.
IPS has recently completed tuning on their prototype twin-turbo kit. They managed an eye opening 795hp (@ the crank) on a stock LS3 motor! In 90+ degree heat and 80%+ humidity the car still managed 663rwhp and 649 ft/lb tq on pump gas @ 8psi boost (DYNO CHARTS INSIDE). These numbers were accomplished with Garrett GT3582R turbos with 1.03 A/R. Here are “basic” components of the planned turbo kit:
1. Garrett / Tial Turbos (choice of GT3076R / GT3582R / GT3586R) all come standard Ball-bearing and only option is a Billet / HTA upgrade.
2. Tial V-band housings in 1.03 or 1.06 A/R standard.
3. Garrett compressor covers featuring 4″ inlets standard.
4. 4″ Thick Bar & Plate FMIC Core.
5. Tial 44mm WG’s and Tial “Q” Blow-off Valve.
6. 304 Stainless hot-side tubing.
7. Aluminum cold-side tubing.
8. Aluminum Intake Tubing to K&N Filters.
9. 3″ Stainless downpipes to 3″ or 2.5″ exhaust.
10. Vac block & PCV / Catch-can included.
11. Oil return pump and timer.
12. Upper / Lower intercooler deflectors
13. Polished aluminum charge-pipe (Can be powdercoated as well)
14. EV14 91Lb Injectors and NEW MSD Boost-a-Pump
More details and discussions can be found HERE.
Read more on this story at the following LINK