Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > v8

Conversation Between v8 and Batman's ZL1
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. v8
    02-08-2015 11:00 AM
    v8
    Hey sorry for the late reply. They are two very different cars and don't let anyone tell you any different. The ZL1 is a nicer drive, its more comfortable and I can spend all day in it. The GT500 is faster and you can feel it but the ride is harsh and after two hours its time to put it back. I think the ZL1 looks better but that is subjective. The big difference is the gearing between the two cars. The GT500 has 3:31 so you can do 60mph in first, the ZL1 has 3:37 so with the ZL1 you have to shift into the next gear quicker as it needs those lower gears. If the ZL1 had 3:31's it would be a dog. Its just too heavy and it feels much heavier and bigger then the GT500. The GT500 with those 3:31's covers ground fast and you don't have to row through the gears to get it to go. It just feels so strong and you don't have to rev it up to go.

If you are considering both my advice would be if your putting on a lot of miles get the ZL1, if its a toy every now and then get the GT500.
  2. Batman's ZL1
    01-16-2015 04:10 PM
    Batman's ZL1
    Hey,

I saw that you drive a 2014 ZL1 and you also drive a GT500. What is your opinion on which one drives better and under what conditions? could you give specific's.
    Thanks

(the question is in reference to my thread under the ZL1 forum)