Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > PNYSLAR

Conversation Between PNYSLAR and FIREWOLFF
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 14
  1. PNYSLAR
    01-14-2010 04:54 PM
    PNYSLAR
    I forgot to ask if you have purchased any of the dimmers?
  2. FIREWOLFF
    01-14-2010 11:29 AM
    FIREWOLFF
    Yes but I found that it didn't completly get rid of it but smoothed it out. Eventually that will go away. The doors I didn't put the tr7 on them and they only flickered for a couple of days and now stay solid. Wait a couple of days before you by the tr7 if it gets better then just wait it out if it gets worse you may have a bad transformer.
  3. PNYSLAR
    01-14-2010 09:27 AM
    PNYSLAR
    Hey Firewolff. Is the tr7 you installed on the dashboard ABL project to take care of the flickering of the light tape from the voltage? I have noticed it and was wondering if that was your fix.
    Quivs68
    P.S. I see that light tape added your car in their advertisment on the web.. Congrats!!!!
  4. FIREWOLFF
    12-25-2009 11:45 AM
    FIREWOLFF
    Just laid on top it helped keep it in place so it doesn't slide behind the panel.
  5. PNYSLAR
    12-24-2009 05:11 PM
    PNYSLAR
    Firewolf, I have my trim off and in the process of sanding and I see that the tape hits the inserts. Did you slit the tape to go around the inserts or is it just laying against them? Don't want to waste the expensive tape by splitting it and then have it not work I'll wait on your reply
  6. PNYSLAR
    12-18-2009 02:23 PM
    PNYSLAR
    I work for The Boeing Company and have been for 25 years.

I also see that Light tape has created an account.. So I asked them to be a friend in hopes that I get any new information. I got this from light tape when I placed my order:
    Our industry partner, TNT Audio (Eric is the point person), will be carrying the dimmable inverters. You can purchase directly from them. I believe that they are in the early production stages, so they do not have stock quite yet. Their contact information is:
    So I'm still waiting to see if the dimmables make the market and then I can replace the original I'm installing now with the dimmable version. Sounds promising!!!!
  7. FIREWOLFF
    12-18-2009 01:46 PM
    FIREWOLFF
    Yes sir still working great. What industry do you work in?
  8. PNYSLAR
    12-18-2009 12:47 PM
    PNYSLAR
    Well, ordered my light tape parts and will put them in over the christmas holidays.. Have you completed everything and is it still working fine?
  9. FIREWOLFF
    10-31-2009 11:46 PM
    FIREWOLFF
    In the doors I used high temp hot glue in the dash it just sits behind the panel. Hey I talked to them yesterday again and they said that there is a $200.00 setup fee. Did you have to pay this? They quoted exact same prices but with the $200.00 fee on top.
  10. FIREWOLFF
    10-24-2009 07:58 AM
    FIREWOLFF
    Thanks calling them monday.