Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Bowtie Guy Z28

Conversation Between Bowtie Guy Z28 and chevygirl2002
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 14
  1. Bowtie Guy Z28
    05-19-2010 04:37 PM
    Bowtie Guy Z28
    Are you talking about Wednesday nights with Test and tune? I've been, just not yet this year. It always seems to be raining on Wednesday lately...
  2. chevygirl2002
    05-19-2010 04:34 PM
    chevygirl2002
    Yeah I entered the car into the KBPI show this year. Not expecting to win anything, but it will be lots of fun. My even race her down the track. Gotta work on burnouts first though...not very good at that. I will be at Bandi for track day too. You gonna be there too?

That's cool that you are one of those friendly 5th gen owners. I like that.
  3. Bowtie Guy Z28
    05-19-2010 04:27 PM
    Bowtie Guy Z28
    Hey, so do you have any intentions of ever taking your car to Bandi??
  4. Bowtie Guy Z28
    05-19-2010 04:19 PM
    Bowtie Guy Z28
    Well I'm always waving or flashing lights!
  5. chevygirl2002
    05-19-2010 04:02 PM
    chevygirl2002
    Awesome. I am in Lakewood lol....well kinda border of lakewood and littleton. Kinda in this phase where I wanna meet new car people....meet some sweet ass cars...lunch get togethers, cruises, shows that kinda thing.

I may have seen your car before...but not sure. Lol I always honk when I see one.

-Amanda-
  6. Bowtie Guy Z28
    05-19-2010 01:13 PM
    Bowtie Guy Z28
    Oh and yes I am in Co! Denver specifically.

Sean
  7. Bowtie Guy Z28
    05-19-2010 01:12 PM
    Bowtie Guy Z28
    That's so funny! Mine is a Z28 as well and I've always loved the look of the SS! If you look at the black and white pic in my sig you can see I have an SS spoiler! Unfortunately a week after I put it on it hit the top of the garage while I was backing it in with hatch popped . I was right in the middle of picking out a hood when I decided to save and get the 2010. I've done a lot to her; 85 mm intake, power throttle body, strut tower brace and pan hard rod, Spec stage 2 1/2 performance clutch, smooth bellows, SLP lid with K&N, Billet grill, exhaust.... uhh...that's all I can think of now.

The 2010 just has the the black bowties (stickers) and the rear magnetic strip so far. My next thing to do is tint the windows but no major list of modifications on the drawing board at this time.
  8. chevygirl2002
    05-19-2010 11:07 AM
    chevygirl2002
    The hockey stripes did come out beautifully on your car. Looks great. I bet you get a lot of looks when you go driving. Anything fun done to yours? Big plans for it? I know I stare like crazy lol. Guess I am just weird. Are you from CO?
  9. chevygirl2002
    05-19-2010 11:07 AM
    chevygirl2002
    Lol she started out as a z28. I have always liked the 4th gen SS cars and when I found my Z I decided to dress the car up to look like an SS. Almost done too lol. I traded my blue 02 v6 for her. Poor car has been through a lot of abuse, but I am up for the challenge of fixing everything. Car has been through 6 people already, but now finally has a permanent home.

I have mostly done cosmetic work to my car.....painted the hood put ghost flames on her. Mechanially I had to take her to a friend who has a shop. Needed new o2s, cats, plugs and wires, oil change, belt tensioner and pulley and belt, had a vacuum leak. And the fact that I was running shitty gas in the car didn't help. I know that somewhere down the line she had an ls6 cam put in and a tune, but that is a far as I have gotten with trying to learn about her history.
  10. Bowtie Guy Z28
    05-19-2010 10:54 AM
    Bowtie Guy Z28
    I got the 2010 June 18th last year. I ordered from Medved on 04/10 and it was 9 weeks later when she arrived (very very fast for back then). It was the 2nd or 3rd that they had delivered. I was sooo nervous about them putting on the hockey stripes since they hadn't done it before and had very few pictures to go off of. But they lined them up perfectly and had no problems! Enough about mine, what all have you done with your 2002? I noticed the SS hood, VERY nice addition....wait, I'm confused is it an SS or Z?