Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Big Brunsy

Conversation Between Big Brunsy and RJBJFIRE
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 17 of 17
  1. Big Brunsy
    05-02-2011 05:46 PM
    Big Brunsy
    I'll let you know if i'm going for sure as it gets closer. I want to see what the weather is going to be like before i make a decision. I hit a curb pretty hard last year, did about 7k in damage. My car is still stock on everything but the suspension, so still tops out at 155. can hit about 120 on the front straight. I ran the Pzero's last year, but upgraded to Nitto NT05's for this year. Last year I had the stock brakes on as well, and they will do just fine. I switched over to the hawk PC pads to eliminate the brake dust and squeeling. I would reccomend sucking out your brake fluid resivoir and replacing your fluid with DOT4. I boiled my DOT 3 the last time I was down there. I wouldn't worry too much about wrecking. There is only one corner where you might hit something if you went off the track. I really hope to see you down there!!!!
  2. RJBJFIRE
    05-02-2011 05:27 PM
    RJBJFIRE
    I have that weekend off from the firehouse but may be working in the field. Only time will tell, keep me informed if you plan on attending. I would want to go with someone who has been involved before. Looks like a blast and I hope I wouldn’t damage the car. I was driving a little too fast the other day and damaged a rim on the curb; luckily I have a spare set. What do you run for tires when you go to the track? Do you know what your car tops out at? What speeds do you reach on the straight away? How do your brakes hold up? Sorry about all the questions, I am getting more interested all the time…
  3. Big Brunsy
    04-24-2011 07:42 PM
    Big Brunsy
    I was looking at May 21st, 22nd, or both days for the FTL event. You won't need a drivers saftey course for Find the Line, but you would for Fast Fridays. If you wanted to go to one of the classes You will only need a Snell 2005 or newer helmate, long pants and long sleeve shirt. It's not racing, just open track. Passing is only allowed on the 3 long straights, and only when you are waved by. Nothing to hit when if you happen to go off the track either so it's almost impossible to damage your car. I usually bring a cooler with drinks and a spare tire/wheel, jack and torque wrench as well. Any other questions jus let me know
  4. RJBJFIRE
    04-23-2011 12:01 PM
    RJBJFIRE
    Let me know what you have planned for Mid America. It looks like a blast and I think the wife would be in for the fun. Do I need to attend a driver’s safety day? What dates are you looking at? What do I need for gear and equipment? Any other info, I did not find much on the web site.
  5. Big Brunsy
    04-20-2011 04:20 PM
    Big Brunsy
    sounds like a blast. you ever consider coming over to Mid America and do a track day?
  6. RJBJFIRE
    04-20-2011 03:23 PM
    RJBJFIRE
    Road Rally will update their site by June. They put on a fun event, like a one day Cannon Ball Run.
  7. RJBJFIRE
    05-09-2010 03:59 PM
    RJBJFIRE
    Nice Car, Looks like mine, but I don't let mine play in the snow... Hi from Cedar Rapids, Iowa...