Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > kingsnakes2LT

Conversation Between kingsnakes2LT and Cricket912
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 41
  1. kingsnakes2LT
    06-06-2010 05:58 PM
    kingsnakes2LT
    Howdie Cricket,
    What a long Winter and Spring.
    I hope everthing is good with you, James, and your ABM 5th Gen.
    Still got him I hope?
    Well I have completed a couple of my mods for 2010.
    Just need to get the headrest embroidered and or get the exhaust replaced.
    If I get the exhaust it will be the MRT ver. 2.0 set of axle backs. I think they sound the best for a V6.
    If you get a chance, go to my profile and check JAZIMAN out. She has her name tag, tinted windows and ABM painted Splash Guards.
    I'll post up more pics when she get cleaned up again.
    Talk to you again soon.
    Write back, I miss hearing from you.
    Stay well!
    Kingsnake
  2. kingsnakes2LT
    01-10-2010 05:19 PM
    kingsnakes2LT
    How you doin girl?
    Keeping warm I hope.
    U driving your Camaro?, or is it put away for the winter?
    Just thought I'd share that the latest word is that ABM production = 3701 as of 1-1-10. I'm told there still may be a few left to be released from the plant, but production has ended. Hopper (Camaro5 member) is going to check the GM official database again in a few weeks and hopes to have a final number then.
    Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.
    Keep safe and warm. Can't wait for spring.
    Check you later.
    Kingsnake
  3. Cricket912
    11-02-2009 08:51 AM
    Cricket912
    Hi there sorry to hear about family prob hope everything is okay now. I heard about the color wonder why and what they are replacing it with? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no snow for another month it depresses me to think about having to store it :( Poor James does get cold easily so he usually wears his hoodie out these days. Glad to hear you found a cheap winter car. Take care!
  4. kingsnakes2LT
    10-24-2009 09:38 PM
    kingsnakes2LT
    Hey Cricket!
    How are you doing?
    Sorry I haven't been in touch lately. I had a family crisis to deal with.
    Have you heard about the end of the ABM color? I can feel the value of our cars going up and up. I got a winter car - 98 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 120K miles, $1200.00. Not a bad car but the rear wheel bearing is going out. I will need to change it out before winter. Now it is time to get JAZiMAN's oil changed - 1462 mi., and get her ready for storage. How is James? I bet its hard to take him out in this weather. I hope things are going well for you. Talk to you again soon.
  5. kingsnakes2LT
    10-11-2009 12:05 PM
    kingsnakes2LT
    Hi!
    I LOVE this car !!! I am over 500 mi, and I am starting to put the hammer down a little. At about 15~20 mi.per, I basiclly hard accelerate to about 5.5~6K through as many gears as I can before I have to slow down. I have not actually done the HARD break in yet, but I think I'm going to try a few runs. I really like the reaction this car gets. People just can not ignore it. I took her through the best Auto car wash in town yesterday. I spoke to the owner before, he said they only have soft mit rags that touch the horizontal surfaces and the spinning sides, so I tried it. It worked great. I tried to wand wash her, and I could not get the grime off, so I tried the auto. Of course it applies liq. wax. The car looked great after I finished drying her. I am looking forward to Indian summer. Hope we get one? Still loking for a beater, and need to get my car cover. I'm not ready for cold weather yet! Sorry, The M&G may need to wait until spring? Still working on it. Take care.
  6. Cricket912
    10-11-2009 09:18 AM
    Cricket912
    Hey hope your still enjoying your ride! I don't know about the corners lifting on the decals but it does concern me though. I have a great car mechanic/ body guy that will take care of anything that might happen. I think $1,500 is fine for a second car. I'm sure my 2000 Impala with almost 200,000 miles on it isn't worth half that and its a great car. I haven't waxed her and i'm leary of doing so have you? Its getting cold quick in this wonderful state we live in. I really don't want to think about snow yuck :(
  7. kingsnakes2LT
    10-07-2009 05:09 PM
    kingsnakes2LT
    Hey Cricket,

Thanks for answering my question about washing your car. I'm still wondering if you are afraid of the pressure on the touchless car wash loosening or lifting the edges of your stripes? Have you waxed your Cammy? What did you use?
    I plan on getting a winter car and I am putting the Maro up for the winter also. Do you know anybody who has a decent car for 1500.00 or less? I know 1500 is not much of a car, but I also need to buy a good car cover as JAZiMAN will be in a car port, not a garage. Have you heard rf any M&Gs or ralleys?
    Any advise from and experience Cammy owner is appreciated.
    Take care my friend, I hope we can meet sometime soon.
  8. Cricket912
    10-05-2009 10:34 AM
    Cricket912
    I'm glad your lovin your car. Ive been taking mine to the car wash touchless of course. It'll be a long depressing winter I will be storing mine :( I have a winter car 2000 Impala. Well its more like a sled but the thought of salt and sand on the cammy makes me ill.
  9. kingsnakes2LT
    10-04-2009 11:19 AM
    kingsnakes2LT
    Hey Cricket,
    How you doing?
    I have been off the 5 site cause I can't stop driving my car.
    You were right the car is addicting.
    I got a question for you. How are you washing your car?
    With the weather I can not believe everyone who owns a Gen5 with decal stripes is hand washing them. Are you going to drive her in the winter? How will you washer her if you do? I need to wash mind to keep her looking great, but I have read a lot about car washes and the stickers possibly lifting around the edges. What do you think?
    I like your new picture.
  10. Cricket912
    09-27-2009 06:26 PM
    Cricket912
    I'm sooo happy for you congrats!!!!! I checked out your pics and posted a reply. I hope we can get an Indiana camaro get together organized! The hood looks great. The funny thing is my car sleeps in the garage. Actually if I'm not drivin her thats where she is so I'm not sure how it happened. Watch out for curbs the rear on this car is huge lol! It's hard to tell how close you are to anything. Hubby lost his driving priviledges after my passenger side rear wheel came up scratched!!!