Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > theholycow

Conversation Between theholycow and zebra
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. zebra
    04-30-2010 09:11 PM
    zebra
    yeah - i did the same with my antenna and i did the 4-hi mod right before my Denali projectors/HIDs. i also converted my DRLs to blinkers & plan on adding some aux fogs as backups, too (this tint's a pain at night)
  2. theholycow
    04-30-2010 09:01 PM
    theholycow
    Good point about 4x4 vs. t56, I totally forgot about that part. Well, it was a pipe dream anyway, I'll never have that kind of cash. I sure like rowing my own gears and a t56 would be the perfect set of 6 ratios for my truck and my purposes.

I do have my antenna off, but not smoothed over, if you want to call that shaved. My truck is ugly and hacky, and I'm happy with that. I also run higher pressure in my tires and have done some minor wiring mods to change the behavior of the lighting systems. I used to run a LOT of lights for abandoned forested back-highways near my house.

I also added some driving lights hung from the rear spring hardware as backup lights.

I'm sure I've done a dozen other minor free/cheap mods but I can't remember what they are.
  3. zebra
    04-30-2010 07:00 PM
    zebra
    that bag idea actually sounds pretty cool - gives you a pretty versatile look & function: low & more aerodynamic for going fast, normal for everyday use, high for that extra clearance to drive over stuff

as for the t56, i really wanted to do it with my engine swap, but i found out there ain't provision to mate a t-case, so you'd lose your 4x4

have you checked out any of the 'free mod' stuff like shaving the antenna, disabling the Twilight feature, etc?
  4. theholycow
    04-30-2010 06:19 PM
    theholycow
    Re: The visitor message you posted on my profile
    I haven't done any notable customization. I can't even afford proper maintenance, and I kinda like it stock. If I had money to blow I'd probably do a T-56 6 speed manual conversion and I might bag it at nearly stock height, so I can go between slightly lowered/stock/slightly lifted height...
  5. zebra
    04-30-2010 03:16 PM
    zebra
    just curious...
    i saw a long time ago that you're a higher-up on a truck forum. what all've you done to yours?