Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > FwyFlyer

Conversation Between FwyFlyer and CG SS
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. CG SS
    12-03-2009 12:56 PM
    CG SS
    Hey, thanks! That's really helpful. I'm might do that, but I talked with a couple of people and they like another idea that I'm pretty sure about. Take off or mask the center gold of the bowtie and and paint the chrome a glossed red (IOM) and then place or paint the gold black. I have a photoshop forum started under my car group where the idea is posted. Search for "Photoshop Request (Purely Color Based)", if you have the time.
  2. FwyFlyer
    12-03-2009 10:53 AM
    FwyFlyer
    Hey CG,
    I ordered them from www.sfxperformance.com. Part ALS96118K for front and back. They are black powdered coated billet with a grooved border, they also have polished billet. Cost was $49 for the pair plus shipping ($34 + S&H if bought seperately). I masked them off and took the paint down to metal in the border then painted them with Chevy orange engine paint (I have IOM rally stripes) and clear coated the orange. If I were to do it again I don't think I would remove the paint with my dremel tool. I'd just mask and paint over the powder coat in the groove. That green auto masking tape is the key, very true edges, I got mine at Napa. My current avitar is the front one. I have since redone the rear one with IOM touch up paint and it looks a lot better, so I'll re-do the front one soon too.
  3. CG SS
    12-02-2009 07:23 PM
    CG SS
    Hello,
    I've been searching for a good few weeks on where to get my bowtie done like yours. If you could give me a link or a number to who did yours, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks