Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Blk-Ice

Conversation Between Blk-Ice and CarbonSS
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Blk-Ice
    01-15-2011 04:41 PM
    Blk-Ice
    Thanks Brother!
  2. CarbonSS
    01-15-2011 04:12 PM
    CarbonSS
    Well, they open to the first stop, which for me is plenty of room to get in and out without having to pick the door up. The way the door opens is different, right now when you open your door, the leading edge goes in behind the front quater panel which is why they can open so wide. With the kit, the door opens and the leading edge opens out over the front quater panel so it has clearance to open up vertically, so it can't open as wide. Does that make sense? I haven't regretted putting them on at all, they are a shock every time I open them at shows or anywhere for that matter, LOL! But your right, make sure you pick a good shop, good luck!
  3. Blk-Ice
    01-15-2011 10:48 AM
    Blk-Ice
    Cool, so your doors still have the reg opening radius? I wanna get mine done but i wanna make sure i pick a shop that knows what they are doing! Thanks for the info Brother!
  4. CarbonSS
    01-15-2011 10:34 AM
    CarbonSS
    I got them done at a body shop here in Albany, NY The kit is from Vertical Doors Inc out in Cali, the kit is heavy duty and I've had zero problems with it. Some kits aren't made to last, this thing is a beast and it allows you to get in with or without opening the door up vertically. I highly reccomend it, the kit itself was about 1300, install was around 800 at my shop, should be the same most everywhere.
  5. Blk-Ice
    01-15-2011 10:20 AM
    Blk-Ice
    Killer doors dude....where did you get them done?! Have u had any issues with them as far as door allignment after the install?