Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Don O

Conversation Between Don O and Revo1
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Revo1
    02-25-2010 01:17 PM
    Revo1
    Wow, they look good! Sorry, CAI? I know I'm going to kick myself for not knowing that one.

The AFM makes a pretty noticeable, audible difference then? The AFM seems to be the only complaint I've heard about the L99 so far... (I'm getting the L99)
  2. Don O
    02-25-2010 08:43 AM
    Don O
    I bought them from gmpartsdirect for $676 delivered. I installed them myself. Sound quality is really good. At start up and idle its a little louder but when you jump on it you can really hear the car. The CAI added a little more sound when jumping on it and the GMPP added to that. All and all its about the right sound level I want. Having the A6, the next thing I need to do is tune out the AFM.

Don
  3. Revo1
    02-25-2010 01:06 AM
    Revo1
    Hey man mind if I pick your brain a bit? I saw you have the GMPP offroad axle-back exhaust- how much did that end up running you installed, and how does it sound? Is it pretty throaty? I don't need a constant roar, only need it to speak up when I really stab it, and the stock mufflers are just pathetic.