Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Official: 2013 Camaro 1LE Performance Package: 426-hp, 1g cornering, under $40,000 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212140)

b4z 03-27-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 4712403)
Preowned 6th gens? What are you talking about:iono:?

Meant 5th gens.

YOUNGnRECKLESS 03-27-2012 01:26 PM

Can't wait to see one of these things in person =)

fastball 03-27-2012 01:41 PM

For those of you wishing to upgrade their current Camaros with MyLink, Fbodfather may correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's going to be integrated too much to simply be a head unit conversion.

Before everyone goes running out to their Chevy dealer to buy the MyLink head unit, better make sure it's not integrated into the BCM or ECU, and that the wiring harnesses are the same.

GoldCartridgeGamer 03-27-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGTMiller278CAV (Post 4712393)
Blasphemy Eric! lol j/k.

Lol. 1LE is now my poison of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkSS 03-27-2012 01:47 PM

One more question: Will the 1LE be available at the start of 2013 production?

fbodfather 03-27-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamgl (Post 4711993)
Is it that hard to put the LS3 on the auto? A lot of people are doing LS3 conversions to their L99. I think it would be good to be able to choose L99 or LS3 on all auto's.

I tuned my Active Fuel Management out and got better mileage after, with some data logging and fuel trim adjustments, lol.

And tell CAFE to go to hell, this is a Camaro, LOL.

actually it is. YOU can do what you want with your car - we, on the other hand, have to meet CAFE - and we have to ensure that the vehicle will meet expectations at all temps in all climates and have great driveability......that's not easy to do. As mentioned earlier -there is much work to do in order to 'get it right' - -

Again - the 1LE is NOT for everyone - it's a bit harsher than the SS.

2ndCamaro79 03-27-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad02SS (Post 4712563)
Thank you GM! A sportier Camaro that is more affordable. Wonder what my G8 is worth? Can anybody comment on how practical a child seat is in the back of a Camaro?

My lil dude has been riding in back of mine since he was 3 and now he is turning 4 and still loves it! He has a Simpson car seat and enjoys himself back there. It may help I told him its his car when he turns 16:chevy:

fbodfather 03-27-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTA579 (Post 4712595)
Fbodfather, haters gonna hate. Nothing you can do about it.

http://photos.imageevent.com/fbodfat...e/ohreally.jpg

there's THIS:

http://photos.imageevent.com/fbodfat.../suburban3.jpg

newmoon 03-27-2012 02:00 PM

The car looks great but no weight reduction or bump in horsepower? No thank you.

BowtieBelle 03-27-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 4712891)

:D :D :D

:headbang:

:suburban:

:evil:

:wub:

Scott, is there any word on new colors for '13? Is blue coming back or what?

bhall82 03-27-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4712901)
Scott, is there any word on new colors for '13? Is blue coming back or what?

Blue isn't coming back anytime soon they tried and it failed again. So I wouldn't hold my breath on any shade of blue.

But im sure Fbodfather can give you an educated guess instead of my pure guessing :laugh:

The IOM Ninja 03-27-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhall82 (Post 4712954)
Blue isn't coming back anytime soon they tried and it failed again. So I wouldn't hold my breath on any shade of blue.

But im sure Fbodfather can give you an educated guess instead of my pure guessing :laugh:

If the dusk concept is coming into production, then they will be making another blue Camaro. God knows they need one they killed the only good looking production blue back in 2010....

TaylorRyanSS 03-27-2012 02:15 PM

I think a blue will be coming for 2013. They need Stryker Blue!

Merlinnnn 03-27-2012 02:17 PM

Fbodfather, you are correct - there is a market for this car and I am definitely in it! This is great news! I am so glad GM didn't stick to the tired boring mentality that you can't have a great road race car and have some freaking technology in it - touchscreen, Nav, camera and all that makes this car sooooo much more desirable. I'll never understand why people want to spend $40k+ on a car with nothing in it except a seat. Seriously boring. What does all the tech add, like 10 pounds? And how many people spend that kind of money on a car that they only race? Like 2 people maybe. I would own a Boss but for the unbelievably boring, plain interior. I drive my car every day and I want some gadgets to play with and some excitement on the inside as well - I sit inside the car, not on the hood. I sold my SS and bought the 2011 GT for that reason (among others, sorry but the GT premium interior rocks) - the first Ford I have ever bought, btw. And, for the love of God, it is 2012 not 1969, tech is what makes it all so awesome. This car will bring me back home to GM. Great job, I love it!

fbodfather 03-27-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhall82 (Post 4712954)

Good things come to those who are patient..........

TaylorRyanSS 03-27-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 4713089)

Called it! If Stryker Blue would have been an option when I got my Camaro I would have had a real tough decision! Offer a nice medium blue.

KMPrenger 03-27-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS (Post 4712990)
I think a blue will be coming for 2013. They need Stryker Blue!

Quote:

Well now...

As much as I love my ABM and like that it is rare, I still think a proper blue can be a hit. Stryker blue from the G8 is also my choice! Not too dark, not too light...just a rich shade of blue. Not sure if it was metallic though....hot dang I sure do love metallics...they tend to POP in the sunlight :D

Thats why I love my ABM...just look at my sig and avatar....still makes me drool.

GroundhogSS 03-27-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS3DALE (Post 4708413)
To me Black wheels have no style or design,they're plain looking,you may as well just put a set of plain Black "cop car" steel wheels on and run them. :iono:

I thought I was the only one who felt like black wheels looked like a cop car. Maybe it's a generational thing. Most of the younger guys like 'em.

I like the 1LE but will stick with my plans for a 2SS/RS. Gonna stick with an automatic. Done with the shifting. It's a very cool option, however. Lots of people will be happy.

When is the new gen V8 with the direct injection coming out? I'm sort of hoping we'll see that pretty soon. That would give a bump in HP, unless they go to a smaller displacement, and better fuel economy.

SummoneR 03-27-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4707806)
I think this is our Z-28...

Nah I think the Z/28 will be a Z/28. We shall see.

I like the touch screen as well. Very cool looking, better than the aftermarket options, I wonder if we can get just the Outer piece without the radio and put our own double din in! That would be very cool!!

Tysen 03-27-2012 03:22 PM

guess i'll be buying that dash when this comes out.

BowtieBelle 03-27-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

:D:wub:

Fenderaddict2 03-27-2012 03:25 PM

Am I the only one who thinks screens will date our cars faster than any other option? I'm a big Nav/LCD screen delete fan.

TTA579 03-27-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 4712891)

Is that a 2x4? Pretty sure GM built my F's subframe out of those and not steel. ;)

Also pretty sure that behemoth couldn't keep up with my relatively lightweight TTA.

garcmol 03-27-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTA579 (Post 4713393)
Is that a 2x4? Pretty sure GM built my F's subframe out of those and not steel. ;)

Also pretty sure that behemoth couldn't keep up with my relatively lightweight TTA.

But you can't outrun a radio. ;) Or spikestrips

TTA579 03-27-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 4713401)
But you can't outrun a radio. ;)

True. I can't skip a gas station either.

LAWMAN 03-27-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek (Post 4711453)
Here is some more info on what we can expect from the MyLink setup:

https://www.myconnectedradio.com/tun...MFMTuner_D.jpg

Enhanced Voice Control
You can use Chevrolet MyLink's enhanced voice control to find your favorite station or play different tracks from your CD player. Simply press the PUSH TO TALK button on your steering wheel and say, "Tune to FM 96.3" or "Play CD". And the radio will recognize your request and tune to the appropriate station or CD track.

Homepage Customization
Chevrolet MyLink lets you customize your homepage so you can easily access the features you use the most. Up to eight icons can appear on a homepage and you can actually have more than one homepage screen to help organize everything as more apps become available.

Your homepage comes with eight default icons. Each icon corresponds to a different feature, like PANDORA, USB, Phone, iPod,® Settings and more. You can customize this page to help you access things quicker. Simply press the (A) MENU button on the bottom of the homepage screen. Find (B) CUSTOMIZE in the list. Your Chevrolet MyLink system is now in customization mode. Tap the first icon you would like to move. After the system highlights that icon, select the position where you would like to move that icon to. Once you've done that, hit (C) DONE and your MyLink system will place the icons in the right position or swap icons if another one was in its place.

More info from the official MyLink website: https://www.myconnectedradio.com/web/chevrolet/home

https://www.myconnectedradio.com/tun...teControls.jpg

this is what the new Equinox has,very nice unit,

TripleB 03-27-2012 03:42 PM

I love the blue aspect of my ABM, but not the aqua so much.

I'd entertain getting a new one (I want the updated interior and stuff anyway) if they offered stryker blue or a blue close to it (one without the aqua shade in it), but I'm about to have mine modded the way I want it finally. I'd not want to get rid of it and start over.

LAWMAN 03-27-2012 03:43 PM

i would love to trade up for a 12' model or 13' once it has this head unit along with other upgrades,but i am getting to the point in life that i need to start thinking about NOT having a car payment,im not getting any younger,almost 51 now,lol,plus i have done too many mods to my 2010 that i would lose on trade in,

bigd1276 03-27-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Did someone mention BLUE??:popcorn:

LAWMAN 03-27-2012 03:58 PM

i would have ordered blue(actually did initially order ABM)but changed it when i looked at an ABM "HHR" on our lot,did'nt like the green in it,so i ordered the IOM because it was basically a new color,but a med. blue like jetstream or stryker would have had my order if available,

Kamaro223 03-27-2012 03:58 PM

Now that is an interior I can enjoy!!

How close do you think we can get to the Cadillac CUE system for a dash board? That is impressive!!

garcmol 03-27-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTA579 (Post 4713448)
True. I can't skip a gas station either.

:laugh::bellyroll:

Kamaro223 03-27-2012 04:03 PM

Is the Driver's Info Center also in color? Whooo hoooo!!

I also request that "Driver's" be changed to "Vehicle"...did anybody at GM really not realize this?

RLHMARINES 03-27-2012 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did anyone else notice that the redline on the 1LE is 7000 rpm with an 8000 rpm tach instead of the SS's redline. I believe we are in for a pleasant surprise when it comes to this car's performance.:thumbup:

HumanWiki 03-27-2012 04:08 PM

If it's still a generic LS3... I'd be curious what was done to allow that.

garcmol 03-27-2012 04:09 PM

hmmmm, the specs state 6600 rpm. (post #141)

Monte Mac 03-27-2012 04:16 PM

Sorry if this question was already asked, but I'm wondering why it has two different wheel sizes if the tires are the same size? Why not put the 305s on the back? Or put the same size wheels so a front to back rotation could be made?

IDK, but I'm glad they are going to make this car, and glad I decided to wait to 2013 model year for mine. Hopefully a nice blue comes back too.

Bad@ssCamaro 03-27-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

I would conclude that GM is going to announce either another Synergy Series car or the Dusk Blue Edition for the Month of April. Lots of excitement for Chevy next month and with the starting shipments of the ZL1.......... :happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:.....and the warmer weather, happy times for all sports car enthusiasts :thumbsup:(more for the Camaro people..ssshhhhh) :D

LOWDOWN 03-27-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

The last time I was "patient", a very attractive nurse had me...oh, never mind... :D

kiteman 03-27-2012 04:27 PM

it seems to me like the way this article reads, the 1LE BASE will be under 40k. will the base include the head unit? if so, what doesn't the base include? and what about the regular 1SS and 2SS, will they be priced similarly to the 1LE or closer to 2012 prices?

last i checked on c5, there is always an abundance of affordability concerns with the camaro lineup. sure it'd be nice to own one with every feature possible, but it's also possible many of you that "wish you had waited" would have waited to only be offered a new camaro out of your price range.

not that my opinion matters in the mix of 15+ pages of comments, but i think the 1LE looks a little dumb. wasn't it the ricers who initially started the whole "let's paint one of our body panels a different color than the rest of the car" trend? and black wheels are generally disgusting if you ask me. the only thing discouraging about this article to me, a happy 2012 owner, is that i can afford the 2013 upgrade such as the head unit and would have preferred that over my 2012's configuration. but the 1LE itself isn't doing anything for me.