Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Project Z/LE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359332)

SilverSlayer-SS 07-02-2015 09:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Excuse the bad phone pics, parts arrived and the updated rear end look, still waiting on the cams to arrive

SilverSlayer-SS 07-02-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee (Post 8512537)
Seriously we need a like button

Hahaha thanks man means a lot, headers installed will try to upload a video tomorrow since its dark here

SilverSlayer-SS 07-05-2015 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GPI SS1 VVT cams came in, installation will be on saturday, going to be remote tuned by Ted@jre

vroomapunk 07-06-2015 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSlayer-SS (Post 8516873)
GPI SS1 VVT cams came in, installation will be on saturday, going to be remote tuned by Ted@jre

Just my opinion, you would be MUCH better off letting Ryan at GPI tune this for you, VVT is his game, and that is his cam too. Rhino79 on C5.

I see you have SCT and I think they only use EFILive, but it may be worth it to get the tune spot on to get a handheld from them, my EFI handheld was like 200$ I think

SilverSlayer-SS 07-06-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 8518121)
Just my opinion, you would be MUCH better off letting Ryan at GPI tune this for you, VVT is his game, and that is his cam too. Rhino79 on C5.

I see you have SCT and I think they only use EFILive, but it may be worth it to get the tune spot on to get a handheld from them, my EFI handheld was like 200$ I think

You are right about the tuning, I had no other choice but to buy a tune from jre, I know Rhino does amazing vvt tunes, but I couldn't find anyone that was willing to buy my sct, and as you said they only work with EFILive.

I also know Ted does amazing tunes therefore he is the first person I would consider tuning my car, since I have the sct, he was the man of the job.

SilverSlayer-SS 07-07-2015 01:36 AM

Contacted the garage again, they cleared a space for my car, dropped it off today for the cam install. Stay tuned

aquablueL99 07-07-2015 07:22 AM

Silver,
This "thing" is going to be awesome!! Can hardly wait for it to be done with the cam....

Kurt ABL99...:chevy:

SilverSlayer-SS 07-07-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 8519770)
Silver,
This "thing" is going to be awesome!! Can hardly wait for it to be done with the cam....

Thanks kurt!

How are you doing? It's been a while since you've been here :love:

aquablueL99 07-07-2015 03:11 PM

I have been somewhat busy working our new company, having fun with our photography, hanging out with Jackson, and working some at Hubbard GM Center in Monticello, Indiana. Haven't had the Camaros out much..only one cruise and 1 car show.
Our new company is called KK Service. I started it right after retirement from CenturyLink. I continued working business phone/voicemail systems.
Might want to visit our Photography page on Facebook....Black Framed Gallery. Kathy and I have quite a collection of photos...even have a Car Album to leaf through...

Thanks for asking,

SilverSlayer-SS 07-10-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 8520458)
I have been somewhat busy working our new company, having fun with our photography, hanging out with Jackson, and working some at Hubbard GM Center in Monticello, Indiana. Haven't had the Camaros out much..only one cruise and 1 car show.
Our new company is called KK Service. I started it right after retirement from CenturyLink. I continued working business phone/voicemail systems.
Might want to visit our Photography page on Facebook....Black Framed Gallery. Kathy and I have quite a collection of photos...even have a Car Album to leaf through...

Thanks for asking,

I will check it out for sure! I am glad you are doing well!

SilverSlayer-SS 07-10-2015 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Phone pic, cams are in and heads are done. Before firing it up the garage is installing the 3.91s, should be ready tomorrow morning. Going to plug the tune and put it on the dyno to see how much horsepower Z/LE puts down :thumbup:

vroomapunk 07-10-2015 11:33 AM

NICE!

SilverSlayer-SS 07-11-2015 05:33 PM

Received the car, amazing sound! Cancelled the dyno run since the tune need to be adjusted and I need to do some tune logging to send forward to Ted@JRE, until then I have to drive the car slowly to avoid any engine failures. Anyone with a cam installed, I have a question for you guys. My oil pressure is at 1.0 bars or 0.9 at idle, it goes to 2.1bars at 2000rpm . Is this normal? Or is it something to do with the tuning process? Thanks I'd appreciate your answers