Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2014 Camaro5 Fest (V) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   C5 Fest V Drag Racing Classes - Sponsored by American Racing Headers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340637)

grocerygetter 02-26-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-E (Post 7452441)
I sure hope you don't start an issue where theres been none..I would be glad to let you make solo runs to be safe.

FACT!

Mr. Nasty 02-26-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grocerygetter (Post 7450839)
I would really like to know that tech inspection question upfront. Only way I will be mid 11s is if I do something real wrong or break. It ran 8.7 in 1kft. That should be solid mid 10s at that trim/form. I have no roll bar. Our local track doesn't care. Mlee?

Same here

camarovigoa 02-26-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRD_WRK (Post 7453358)
Good day,

I agree it doesn’t make sense for differ tracks to have differ rules. I would be upset too if I couldn’t participate in things, but it’s a choice made.

Not all of us care to honorably play by the rules. That’s part of racing and life. This is nothing new to me, for I lost two races last year because of it. No, I didn’t call them out. In interest of more fairness across the board, I did propose some rule reminders to make things clearer for those who do things ‘unknowingly’. This benefits the masses.

In continued spirit of trying to make things better and clearer for all, I made some inquiries today to a kind and fair gentlemen in charge of one of my race series events. As usual I learned a lot.

For those that care, I also requested that the 2008+ 10.0 roll cage issue be officially addressed for our series. He has already been working on it, for it has several interpretations as we know. He plans on obtaining a final answer to be supported and enforced when applicable. He plans on sending me an official statement when they arrive at one. It will be based upon NHRA and subsequently his Org, who is the only ASO body authorized by NHRA to manage their own events’ track rules.

Hopefully this turns out as good news for many like myself, plagued by the desire to run a little faster at NHRA safety enforced tracks, but still want enjoy our rides with family to a neighboring town car show or out for ice cream.

I will disseminate the info I receive back to my posse. :grouphug:

Sincere best intentions,
Tim

SWEET!!! Keep us updated! :thumb:

Mr. Nasty 02-26-2014 05:05 PM

grocerygetter
Hey man I looked at 10 of my time slips and my 1'000 ft 8.69 to 8.75. That put my 1/4 at 10.38 to 10.45 . So I would say your below mid 10s :thumb:

camarovigoa 02-26-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nasty (Post 7453653)
grocerygetter
Hey man I looked at 10 of my time slips and my 1'000 ft 8.69 to 8.75. That put my 1/4 at 10.38 to 10.45 . So I would say your below mid 10s :thumb:

Same here my 1000' was 8.72 when I went 10.43! :thumb:

grocerygetter 02-26-2014 06:23 PM

That's what I am hoping for. Thanks guys.

camarovigoa 02-26-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRD_WRK (Post 7453922)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=261482&page=3

Sorry Stephen-I didn't realize you were working on the issue already.
ill let you handle it.
its in the proper thread anyways.

No problem buddy! Just trying figure the rules out!

camarovigoa 02-27-2014 09:51 AM

Talked the NHRA again today and also one of the main people in charge at Royal Purple Raceway! The NHRA confirmed again ''Unaltered'' Means Body/Firewall. And she confirmed they follow all NHRA rules and yes if they agree Unaltered mean OEM Body/Firewall. I explained everything and she totally understood! They are very excited to have us all there! I also sent an email to the NHRA so I can have it in writing but haven't gotten the email back yet.

rforbes 02-27-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarovigoa (Post 7455492)
Talked the NHRA again today and also one of the main people in charge at Royal Purple Raceway! The NHRA confirmed again ''Unaltered'' Means Body/Firewall. And she confirmed they follow all NHRA rules and yes if they agree Unaltered mean OEM Body/Firewall. I explained everything and she totally understood! They are very excited to have us all there! I also sent an email to the NHRA so I can have it in writing but haven't gotten the email back yet.

The eternal burning question has been answered!!:hail:

Now lets go race! :character0182:

camarovigoa 02-27-2014 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1393528741 Emailed both IHRA and NHRA. IHRA responded first saying yes but only for the street legal class and Test and tunes which the C5fest will be a Test and tune since its a rented out track. :thumbsup:

Mr. Nasty 02-27-2014 07:03 PM

mlee
Am I understanding this right to run the super-modified class. Will have to run 18" or bigger on rear and can run 17" on front. If 17" on rear will have to run in the Unlimited class.

mlee 02-27-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nasty (Post 7457026)
mlee
Am I understanding this right to run the super-modified class. Will have to run 18" or bigger on rear and can run 17" on front. If 17" on rear will have to run in the Unlimited class.

Correct... the 18" rule is for rear tires only.

skipinminn 02-27-2014 09:52 PM

WOW!!!! <<<< Not getting his LITTLE v6 Next to ONE of the BIG BOYS << LOL > > I thought this was supposed to be about having some fun?

hrpiii 02-28-2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 7457279)
WOW!!!! <<<< Not getting his LITTLE v6 Next to ONE of the BIG BOYS << LOL > > I thought this was supposed to be about having some fun?

it is all about having fun. I don't care who I line up next too, it's all about me improving every time I go down the track. I could care less if I win or lose to the car in the next lane. All I know is I see green, hit the gas and go, the rest is a huge smile going down the track. whoo hoooo!!! :biggrin:

Warning: Above is me, but if you see a girl sitting in my car, behind the wheel, be ready, as she will want to blow your doors off, then let you know about it. :bellyroll: Please, I beg everyone, let her win, or it will cost me a lot of money to make it go faster! :frown: