Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Camaro5 FEST III Autocross Sponsored by Pedders USA (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198641)

garcmol 02-06-2012 09:14 PM

So I got this right; A ZL1 and a 2LT with no mods will be in the same class?

Mr. Wyndham 02-06-2012 09:17 PM

Let me ask you this...Mr. Tri-polar Autocross guru...

Where would an SS with a supercharger and supercar coilovers land. Hypothetically...this should be where the ZL1 is forced to play, as well. It won't be much fun if all ZL1s are roped off together...given those that are modified, and the low number that might actually be there...we're talking no more than 50 cars in that class...maybe?

:iono:

I could be totally off-base...if I am, correct me. Just a thought. :)

JusticePete 02-06-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 4440776)
From your Sig Pete:

I am talking to Pete.....right? Or is this now #2.99??? Perhaps, Rebel Leader??? Is Flounder in the room now?

:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com (Post 4440784)
ZL1's can run the stock class, but we may need to add some 'additive' to the tires first, lol

This is #2.99. Flounder is headed up to see Rob, so he wasn't in the room. :facepalm:

Still we have a consensus with three out of five on a separate ZL1 class. There is so much excitement surrounding the ZL1 it should have a special class this year. Now if a rental 6beats out the ZL1 class we'll roll it back into stock for C5FEST IV in TEXAS ;)

FurySS 02-06-2012 09:21 PM

Well I have never done Autocross - but I will give it a try. Might as well push that Pedders Pace Car Package (in a controlled environment).

May have to bring my buffer to remove cone residue from my car :D

JusticePete 02-06-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace (Post 4440833)
Well I have never done Autocross - but I will give it a try. Might as well push that Pedders Pace Car Package (in a controlled environment).

May have to bring my buffer to remove cone residue from my car :D

We are charging a case of beer per cone destroyed and no longer usable. My preference is Sam Adams lager :sm0:

garcmol 02-06-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4440849)
We are charging a case of beer per cone destroyed and no longer usable. My preference is Sam Adams lager :sm0:

Sweet!

I figured Super Modified for the ZL1s. I'll change the OP and put it in it's own class if that's how you want to run it........Boss.

Blade 02-06-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

I will take a case of Yuengling.

JusticePete 02-06-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4440812)
Let me ask you this...Mr. Tri-polar Autocross guru...

Where would an SS with a supercharger and supercar coilovers land. Hypothetically...this should be where the ZL1 is forced to play, as well. It won't be much fun if all ZL1s are roped off together...given those that are modified, and the low number that might actually be there...we're talking no more than 50 cars in that class...maybe?

:iono:

I could be totally off-base...if I am, correct me. Just a thought. :)

Out of fairness to the ZL1 owners, it is best they have thier own class. How would it look if a 2010 SS with CTS-V brakes, 19x10.5 Forgeline wheels, Bridgestone RE 11 305/30/19/XLs, 590 RWHP normally aspirated RWHP on a ZL1 Justice Package with Supercars beat all the ZL1s in super modified ;) Dan Howard will bring a weapon on race tires to super modified as will others. A stock ZL1 is in the ZL1 class.

What class would a a highly modified ZL1 run in? It can't be the same class as a bone stock ZL1. It would run in Super Modified. ZL1 is a production car and should compete in a stock class, albeit a very fast stock class.
The Fastest Time of the Day (FTD) can be had by any class Camaro :thumbup:

Point of Order:
Dragoneye will be in Super Modified and NOT the ZL1 class, because he won't be stock at the FEST :confused0068:

JusticePete 02-06-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 4440915)
I will take a case of Yuengling.

That makes a cone pretty damn expensive, but the AC staff will have a great time :headbang:

Mr. Wyndham 02-06-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4440918)
Out of fairness to the ZL1 owners, it is best they have thier own class. How would it look if a 2010 SS with CTS-V brakes, 19x10.5 Forgeline wheels, Bridgestone RE 11 305/30/19/XLs, 590 RWHP normally aspirated RWHP on a ZL1 Justice Package with Supercars beat all the ZL1s in super modified ;) Dan Howard will bring a weapon on race tires to super modified as will others. A stock ZL1 is in the ZL1 class.

What class would a a highly modified ZL1 run in? It can't be the same class as a bone stock ZL1. It would run in Super Modified. ZL1 is a production car and should compete in a stock class, albeit a very fast stock class.
The Fastest Time of the Day (FTD) can be had by any class Camaro :thumbup:

Point of Order:
Dragoneye will be in Super Modified and NOT the ZL1 class, because he won't be stock at the FEST :confused0068:

Welllll....my question was sorta hinging on where the SS stands in relation to those cars...modified?

Oh, and to answer -- I'd lose with great humility to such an awesome car. :D

garcmol 02-06-2012 09:44 PM

ZL1 class added to the OP. And I added you 2010 Indy Pace

FurySS 02-06-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Then I guess I better bring some duct tape to keep them usable - or do it on Sunday when you can't buy beer here! ;)

JusticePete 02-06-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4440934)
Welllll....my question was sorta hinging on where the SS stands in relation to those cars...modified?

Oh, and to answer -- I'd lose with great humility to such an awesome car. :D

The SS and 6 are not that far apart on the AC course. We saw that with Rob's rental last year. The extra HP, rubber and brakes in the SS are offset by the superior balance of the six. The ZL1 takes that to a different level almost doubling the 6 in HP, with a HUGE sway bar advantage along with 'race track ready rubber'.

C5FEST III
Stock -- Base through SS Camaro
Modified
ZL1
Super Modified

C5FEST IV
Modified
1LE / ZL1
Super Modified

C5FEST V
Modified
1LE -- Z/28 -- ZL1
Super Modified

JusticePete 02-06-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace (Post 4440974)
Then I guess I better bring some duct tape to keep them usable - or do it on Sunday when you can't buy beer here! ;)

ROTFLMAO