Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Question : is the V6 faster than anything? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103491)

Shelby 09-20-2010 10:05 PM

I've raced two different Mustang GTs and only got beat by the second because I chickened out. There were too many other cars out on the interstate and I didn't want to miss my exit. It was close, trust me! I blew the first one away...90 in a 50 zone--oops! This is all new territory for me. FUN!

Supercamaro64 09-20-2010 10:11 PM

the new mustang is only faster than the camaro because the 2010 v6 camaro annihilated the 2010 v6 mustang. that v6 in the stang was a very old engine model, and all the mustang fans out there have the camaro to thank for the horsepower bump. and yes, i kno, w/o the stang, the camaro wouldnt be as good either. thats just the nature of the beast. chevy decided not to give the 2011 any extra power. fine. its still a freakin fast car, and you're gonna be faster than a lot of cars on the road. and if you bought a v6 in the first place, you shouldnt be complaining about a lack of HP. if you want power, get the ss.
just my 2 cents.

raqball 09-20-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelby (Post 2351746)
I've raced two different Mustang GTs and only got beat by the second because I chickened out. There were too many other cars out on the interstate and I didn't want to miss my exit. It was close, trust me! I blew the first one away...90 in a 50 zone--oops! This is all new territory for me. FUN!

:rules: :paddle: :facepalm: :thumbdown:

GEEo 09-20-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2282782)
It's not like your going around racing everyone. So what does it matter.

:word:

SSE 4 2SS 09-21-2010 02:45 AM

I stuffed, I can't believe I read the whole thing...

Markal 09-26-2010 12:32 AM

There is always a faster car. IMHO, my Camaro beats other cars just standing still. Speed costs money...you can buy it....but, someone else has more money, more technology and more time than you. They can beat you on the track....but, as has been said many times....who wants to go fast ugly! Fastest 1/4 time is under 4 seconds and yes, its a top fuel dragster.....beat that! Fast is a state of mind....a verb....an opinion....a turtle compared to a snail....a cheetah compared to a lion....a Camaro compared to......well, we Camaro owners know about that :)

Mr.Stang 10-02-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFreako (Post 2282658)
Like really, the V6 camaro....i feel it can't beat any other sport V6 car

maybe just the v6 challenger, Maybe not.

Hyundai's 2010 Genesis is faster Yepp.

350Z is faster Yepp.

any infinite V6 car is faster Yepp.

Altima coupe is faster too i guess :sm0: Yepp.

the new 2011 V6 mustang is faster :thumbup: Yepp

The V6 camaro is only a showcar, it looks nice, that all i guess Agreed.

:popcorn:

after all, it is a V6.

usa1camaro1969 10-02-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Stang (Post 2396659)
after all, it is a V6.

And you drive a furd.....

AND?

Mr.Stang 10-02-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 (Post 2396768)
And you drive a furd.....

AND?

and you drive a chevy. now that we've mentioned the obvious, let's keep this thread on track.

Xanthos 10-03-2010 03:55 AM

I just wanted to add my .02 in here.

First off, a bit of misinformation to correct - the Challenger SE is NOT heavier than our V6. In fact, its about 30 pounds lighter at 3720 pounds. The difference in performance comes from a substandard 5-speed automatic and no available manual, and a mediocre 250 horsepower engine. This is a clear win for our Camaro.

As for the Genesis, I concede that it is quite a capable performer. If I were buying a vehicle in this class to race, I would seriously consider this platform. The power is there, its lighter by a lot, and the outward visibility is significantly better, but its also more expensive than the V6 Camaro, as the Genesis uses its L4 as the base engine. Regardless, it doesn't evoke the same passion for me - or any passion, for that matter. In sheer performance, this is a win for the Genesis.

As for the 350Z and the G37, I don't feel these should be included at all. They're both priced at 5-6k more starting than a fully optioned V6 Camaro, and are meant to compete more closely with the SS. Just because they have a V6 doesn't mean they're the same class of car.

As for the Altima Coupe, I once again have to concede that it is quite a capable performer. But don't be fooled by 0-60 times. Its a hair faster than our 6 to 60 mph, but its actually right at the same or slower in the 1/4 mile, with an ET of 14.6 @ 97 mph. And as stated before, its a couple thousand more expensive starting. I do actually like the design of it though. I'd consider this one a numerical tie as far as performance goes, because 1/4 performance is extremely based on the skill of the driver, and 0-60 even more so.

As for the 2011 Mustang, so far its shown to only be faster in performance pack form - without it, its considerably hampered by the 2.73 rear end that Ford used to get their 31 mpg statistic. If GM offers a track pack for the Camaro in 2012 (which I get the feeling they will, for both V6 and V8 models) I think we'll find it competes quite a bit more closely with the new V6 mustangs. This is a win for a performance pack V6, or a tie otherwise.
- X

mrray13 10-03-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanthos (Post 2397573)
I just wanted to add my .02 in here.

As for the 2011 Mustang, so far its shown to only be faster in performance pack form - without it, its considerably hampered by the 2.73 rear end that Ford used to get their 31 mpg statistic. If GM offers a track pack for the Camaro in 2012 (which I get the feeling they will, for both V6 and V8 models) I think we'll find it competes quite a bit more closely with the new V6 mustangs. This is a win for a performance pack V6, or a tie otherwise.
- X

There is a 2011 v6 owner who was regularly posting in the v6 section. His car was no faster then any Camaro LLT, and I believe he had the performance pack, although I could be wrong about that. While I'll concede by magazine times, the 2011 v6 Mustang should indeed be quicker, the one real world tester isn't getting the same times. I'll go even farther and say the 2011 v6 Mustang is quicker, but it's probably going to come down to driver in most cases.

Jaime068 10-03-2010 11:01 PM

That bugged me at first too, but now that I own a v-6 I love how it turns heads it's just a great lookin car and does very well in gas....trust me my car has gotten more compliments than I have ever in my life hahaha

djgerma 10-07-2010 10:20 PM

It is not always up to the car performance, it also has to do with the driver's performance as well. To knock yourself out of a race just because his timing on a 1/4 done by a professional is faster than yours is crazy. Enjoy your car, as it is the best looking one around. Like Jaime068 said, my Camaro got more compliments in the last 3 months than I did in my lifetime. I cant even pump gas without someone striking a conversation with me.

Also, practice your driving, shifting, starts and you will see how many guys out there can't reach the full potential of their cars. Pray on their weakness, lol!

Stew 10-08-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrray13 (Post 2397833)
There is a 2011 v6 owner who was regularly posting in the v6 section. His car was no faster then any Camaro LLT, and I believe he had the performance pack, although I could be wrong about that. While I'll concede by magazine times, the 2011 v6 Mustang should indeed be quicker, the one real world tester isn't getting the same times. I'll go even farther and say the 2011 v6 Mustang is quicker, but it's probably going to come down to driver in most cases.

I don't think it would have been a performance pack as I believe they are just starting to hit. 1 thing though, not all other V6s are saddled with the 2.73s, the 3.31s are optional on any V6 Mustang and seem to be a real popular option.