Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How to Wire Footwell Lighting (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54183)

mydreamcar 05-23-2010 07:22 PM

gotta say thanks to all the people who had the ingenuity to try and make these mods simple to do and work well. Did this mod and couldn't be happier

SpeedFreak5 05-29-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buhmblbe (Post 1894238)
Thank you sooo much for this post.:respekt: I took it one step further. I ran a constant 12V line to the interior and set up my own fuse box(thanks wizzer) then ran the power from that and the dome light tap to a common switch (I used double pole double throw-center off...I read post #54 but wanted the center off option as well and truthfully couldn't figure out how a SPDT would work) which I mounted under the driver's dash. End result=I now have three options with one switch:thumbup:
1-Always On
2-Always Off
3-Only on when the dome is on
Also, I used lights that can alternate between constant on or be switched to pulse to blink with the music.:happyanim:(Go Solid Gold Dancers...boy am I old:facepalm:)
I'll post pictures and a how to when I get my camera from my office tomorrow if anyone is interested.
(Yes I know...:needpics:)

pics please! I installed the dome Blue LEDs, Trunk Blue LEDs, Bright White License Plate LEDs, now I am ready to do the foot wll lighting. Please Pics.

Camaro743 05-30-2010 12:46 PM

AMAZING!!

4 Attachment(s)
THANKS SO MUCH TONYNO!!!

I've never done ANYTHING with wiring before, and I did this all by myself, and was shocked that it actually worked. I followed the instructions to the letter and with a little help from google got everything wired correctly. Installed the dome/trunk light as well. Matches my RJT perfectly! Pics (iPhone camera) -

TonyNo 05-30-2010 12:52 PM

Good job all!

13lade 06-03-2010 10:06 AM

Great thread TonyNo! Floor lights installed... What I'd like to do is get a 12v powerline (switched on/off with ignition) to go to a SPDT relay so that my floor lights will kick on with either the dome light or with the ABL.

Tony, can you point me towards a place to tap that powerline? I did a search but I am not finding what I need.... THANKS in advance!

PostaL 06-11-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyNo (Post 1224402)
I attached the t-tap mating terminal to a fuse holder, connected this to the red (positive) wires, and plugged it in.

Quick question, what kind of fuse did you use as far as tolerances?

Thanks!

TonyNo 06-11-2010 11:11 AM

13lade: Do you mean the dome light wire at the BCM that is mentioned and pictured in the first post? ;)

PostaL: Just the smallest fuse that I could find locally. Mine was 2A. These LED's only draw milliamps.

PostaL 06-11-2010 04:39 PM

Just finished, worked like a charm!

You rock Tony, next beer is on me :drinking:

13lade 06-12-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyNo (Post 1972419)
13lade: Do you mean the dome light wire at the BCM that is mentioned and pictured in the first post? ;)

PostaL: Just the smallest fuse that I could find locally. Mine was 2A. These LED's only draw milliamps.

Sorry... i should have been more specific... I meant a 12v switched that is not switching off with the domelight switch. :)

Dmactampa 07-05-2010 01:30 PM

I just knocked this mod out in maybe 30 minutes. It is so simple. Great instructions and pics.

Dyk-NO 07-06-2010 12:54 PM

Can you turn this off and on?

Kreature 07-07-2010 07:54 PM

so attempted the install today and i failed miserably lol. i had the CCFL tubes from AAC and for some reason it didnt turn on. i pretty sure i did everything right from the grey wire(from the grey connector) to the two black wires for the ground. im suppose to connect the two red wires from the (2) inverters to the grey wire on the grey connector right? i did that and i really have no clue why its NOT WORKING!! sigh........

TonyNo 07-07-2010 09:34 PM

I never saw the AAC stuff, so I can't comment on that.

Dyk-NO: I did post a diagram earlier that showed how to connect a switch to get that functionality.

13lade: Maybe you can find the radio power wire in the diagrams and tap into that?

The 2010 Sin 07-15-2010 12:01 AM

That was an easy 10 min install! :-) Hooray DIY people! PS. I went blue.. Blue on black is my new theme.. I want IBM stripes instead of my silver! :-O