Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How to Wire Footwell Lighting (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54183)

SummoneR 08-05-2010 06:24 PM

Ah Michael J beat me to it.

But depending on when your Camaro was built that connector may not be there. It was removed after the first several thousand rolled off the line since they decided not to go with the ABL in the dash.

But I believe the purple wire on the BCM is the wire that feeds the ABL in the doors.

Michael_Js 08-05-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosXC451 (Post 2186864)
Ok I have a 2SS but do I have to take off the dash panels to get to the connector?

If you have that connector as pictured, you only have to remove the driver's side fuse panel - just pops off. If you don't have that connector in there - look around a bit, then as described above, just find the purple wire by the steering wheel column and T-Tap into that and you're good to go! ;)

LosXC451 08-05-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 2187453)
If you have that connector as pictured, you only have to remove the driver's side fuse panel - just pops off. If you don't have that connector in there - look around a bit, then as described above, just find the purple wire by the steering wheel column and T-Tap into that and you're good to go! ;)

wow thats easy, thanks :D look forward to doing it once i order my footwell ABL lighting from aac style

CamaroVision 08-08-2010 10:54 AM

my dark gray wire coming from the gray plastic part(next to pink, i see there's another gray plastic section on the opposite end) doesn't work and has no power.

the lighter gray(and thicker, only thick gray wire i can see) comes from the pink section, it looks like you tapped into the thicker gray wire, but it comes from your gray section and its in my pink section.

im confused, guess ill try tapping into the thick gray in the pink section and see if it does anything.

CamaroVision 08-08-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreature (Post 2069744)
so attempted the install today and i failed miserably lol. i had the CCFL tubes from AAC and for some reason it didnt turn on. i pretty sure i did everything right from the grey wire(from the grey connector) to the two black wires for the ground. im suppose to connect the two red wires from the (2) inverters to the grey wire on the grey connector right? i did that and i really have no clue why its NOT WORKING!! sigh........

ever figure out your problem? i think mine is the same.

CamaroNewb 08-08-2010 11:08 AM

Just want to thank TonyNO for the write up. Did this without a hitch and only took about an hour from start to finish. Picked up the quick disconnect t-tap, inline fuse holder and 3A fuse from Radio shack for like $6. Bought the lights from Oznium. Complete project was less than $40. That is outstanding!!!!!

Thanks again!!

TonyNo 08-08-2010 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroVision (Post 2195736)
my dark gray wire coming from the gray plastic part(next to pink, i see there's another gray plastic section on the opposite end) doesn't work and has no power.

the lighter gray(and thicker, only thick gray wire i can see) comes from the pink section, it looks like you tapped into the thicker gray wire, but it comes from your gray section and its in my pink section.

im confused, guess ill try tapping into the thick gray in the pink section and see if it does anything.

Check this out...

CamaroVision 08-08-2010 12:23 PM

yeah that's the one i was on.

got it to work, had a bad ground.

but it won't light up my door sills, has power :(

new mission

LosXC451 08-12-2010 02:48 PM

Can anybody tell me what wire I have to tap into so that my footwell lights will come one with my headlights? Finally decided this is what I want to do

LosXC451 08-13-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosXC451 (Post 2212046)
Can anybody tell me what wire I have to tap into so that my footwell lights will come one with my headlights? Finally decided this is what I want to do

anybody?? :D

TonyNo 08-13-2010 09:48 AM

For non-RS, it looks like X4, position 1 and 2 (dark and light blue wires), but it looks like that is a PWM signal. For RS, it's X5. Low beam is 13 and hi is 18.

LosXC451 08-13-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyNo (Post 2215007)
For non-RS, it looks like X4, position 1 and 2 (dark and light blue wires), but it looks like that is a PWM signal. For RS, it's X5. Low beam is 13 and hi is 18.

So I guess I would use the low beam one? Which color is that? sorry for asking so many questions btw :facepalm:

TonyNo 08-13-2010 10:13 AM

It says the pink/white wire.

LosXC451 08-13-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyNo (Post 2215107)
It says the pink/white wire.

Thanks you!