Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Official 1/4 Mile (V6) 2010+ Camaro Fast List (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61392)

MagnumForceGB 12-22-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7279647)
Car #22

For Mr.Non-believer, this car is as bone stock as they come. My most recent passes last Sunday. Or for any non-believer, for that matter. I was born into drag racing; I'm no rookie. My dad has 70' Buick GSX runs mid tens and my grandpa owns a 99' pro charged Camaro SS which also runs mid tens. On these passes my dad and I were pushing for our thirteens, but the DA was not as optimistic as the drag times calculator. My dad's friend brought a weather station to check the DA at the track and it was about -500ft, and we also had 20-25 mph winds against the car. Good car, good weather, good driver. Some cars just run better than others ;)

How are you launching the car? Best 60' I can get is 2.2, wondering how you managed to get a 1.8 with stock all-seasons.

As far as the times being under 14 seconds, I believe it, the LS is one of the lightest Camaro's.

racergirl 12-22-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB (Post 7279851)
How are you launching the car? Best 60' I can get is 2.2, wondering how you managed to get a 1.8 with stock all-seasons.

As far as the times being under 14 seconds, I believe it, the LS is one of the lightest Camaro's.

On that timeslip, for both cars, the front halves were messed up, the 60' and eighth mile (don't know why). My best 60' so far was a 2.08 on the thirteen second run and on that day I went it was 2.09. I bring up the converter to about 1500 and then just stick it.

IneedAZ 12-23-2013 08:43 AM

Think the only way for me to make the top 5 is a convertor and go to a track up north

EnlighteningYou 12-23-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7279647)
Car #22 For Mr.Non-believer, this car is as bone stock as they come. My most recent passes last Sunday. Or for any non-believer, for that matter. I was born into drag racing; I'm no rookie. My dad has 70' Buick GSX runs mid tens and my grandpa owns a 99' pro charged Camaro SS which also runs mid tens. On these passes my dad and I were pushing for our thirteens, but the DA was not as optimistic as the drag times calculator. My dad's friend brought a weather station to check the DA at the track and it was about -500ft, and we also had 20-25 mph winds against the car. Good car, good weather, good driver. Some cars just run better than others

Not tryng to be rude, but what possible skills come into play when driving and AUTOMATIC trans car? lol. there is one pedal and hold on. :iono:

scrming 12-23-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnlighteningYou (Post 7280489)
Not tryng to be rude, but what possible skills come into play when driving and AUTOMATIC trans car? lol. there is one pedal and hold on. :iono:

While an auto makes it easier to be more consistent there is still skill involved when it comes to walking a car out on street tires and getting a good launch.

EnlighteningYou 12-23-2013 10:27 AM

...like pressing the gas pedal down? which is exactly what was done in the video. I've driven the v6 camaro stock, it doesn't light up the tires like mad. I was just wondering what part of her drag racing skill was used to drive an automatic car down the track.

racergirl 12-23-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnlighteningYou (Post 7280489)

Seriously? Lol. Then you must not know too much about drag racing since bringing up the converter can make a difference on how the car leaves.

kjkjr27 12-23-2013 11:22 AM

:dnftt:

Congratz on the run! Do you have any plans as far as mods go?

EnlighteningYou 12-23-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7280648)
Seriously? Lol. Then you must not know too much about drag racing since bringing up the converter can make a difference on how the car leaves.

You can also just flash the converter and stomp on it, after that it's hold on and nothing else. oh I know :)

GretchenGotGrowl 12-23-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnlighteningYou (Post 7280544)
...like pressing the gas pedal down? which is exactly what was done in the video. I've driven the v6 camaro stock, it doesn't light up the tires like mad. I was just wondering what part of her drag racing skill was used to drive an automatic car down the track.

The kind that got her a 13s pass on steel wheels, all-season tires and an open differential.

racergirl 12-23-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjkjr27 (Post 7280657)
:dnftt:

Congratz on the run! Do you have any plans as far as mods go?

Thanks. The most I would put on my car would be a ram air.

racergirl 12-23-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 7280674)
The kind that got her a 13s pass on steel wheels, all-season tires and an open differential.

:clap2: :thumbup:

GretchenGotGrowl 12-23-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7280707)
:clap2: :thumbup:

Congrats. That blew away the second fastest stock time and saw a nice improvement on your 14.0x run.

Some of us Arkansas 5th Gens plan on coming down to No Problem this spring. You should pop over and run with us.

racergirl 12-23-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 7280718)
Congrats. That blew away the second fastest stock time and saw a nice improvement on your 14.0x run.

Some of us Arkansas 5th Gens plan on coming down to No Problem this spring. You should pop over and run with us.

Thanks! I'll definitely run with y'all! Keep me updated on details. My dad and his friends rented out No Problem in the past. But since I go to LSU, State Capitol is only 20 minutes away from me compared to like an hour and something. I like both tracks.