Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Should I upgrade to a Z/28?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523585)

MonroeZ28 03-20-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelster (Post 10115059)
Ah, I didn't know about the VIN, I'll have to check it.

Edit: Looks like one of the last ones built. VIN ends in 1255.

No test drives, it's in the 30's here. They won't let anyone take it out, it's blocked inside the showroom. Has a new Hot Wheels edition SS right behind it, that looks really good I might add.

This is the frustrating part. I know 10x more about the car then they do, and they try to tell me things that add value (but really don't). They told me they put 4 brand new tires on it. I said "yep, you took off the sweet Trofeo R's that are $500 each and swapped to Potenza's that are $300 each lol". Oh well, it's a waiting game now.

I do appreciate everyone's input!

Trofeo Rs retail for $640 a piece! The Bridestones really are a great street tire though. I have 2 sets of tires and rims. RE11s for the street and TrofeoRs for the track. Trofeos suck for the street and RE11s suck for the track IMO

AustinZ28 03-20-2018 02:02 PM

I didnt think this one up..heard it ages ago..

You only live once and you are dead a real long time.

Don't let $5k or less be your determining factor. They have to make a profit and probably have more into the car than you think especially considering how long they have owned it. 99.9% of the time when you are haggling over such a small amount of money it is not the money...its ego. One party wanting to feel the beat on the other.

I have always been willing to overpay for things worth overpaying for and never...not once...regretted it. WHY? You only live once and you are dead a real long time.

Mark_Z28 03-20-2018 02:20 PM

Well I'd never buy a no A/C car. I suppose it depends on what you're after, whether that's exclusivity and rarity or something you can enjoy. I have a feeling the A/C cars will hold their value better because you can actually live with them in the summer, when most people will drive these. Autotrader prices have reflected this when you see some of the non-AC cars being on the lower end of the price spectrum.

Some of the guys here have gotten their Zs for low 40s, so that's definitely an awesome price point for a low mileage Z if you're planning to keep it for a while, if you can wait I suppose there is no telling how long prices will go.

If you haven't driven one I'd definitely recommend spending some time in one before making a decision. The 1LE is one of the best handling cars for a street driver.

my advice>>> 46k with a fresh set of trofeos.... now that would be a nice deal:)

2010REDSS 03-20-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinZ28 (Post 10115648)

Don't let $5k or less be your determining factor. They have to make a profit and probably have more into the car than you think especially considering how long they have owned it. 99.9% of the time when you are haggling over such a small amount of money it is not the money...its ego. One party wanting to feel the beat on the other.

I have always been willing to overpay for things worth overpaying for and never...not once...regretted it. WHY? You only live once and you are dead a real long time.

Wiser words were never posted on the internet!

Life is too short to let money defer happiness. Buy the Z/28....one of the absolute best cars out there. I now own a ZL1 1LE......but I'm never selling my Z/28.

Makes me smile every time I walk by it....makes me feel truly alive every time I drive it!

ZapperZ 03-20-2018 05:06 PM

Makes me smile every time I walk by it....makes me feel truly alive every time I drive it
Me Tooo:pound:

2013blackgt 03-20-2018 06:00 PM

^me three. Lol

joelster 03-20-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_Z28 (Post 10115684)
Well I'd never buy a no A/C car. I suppose it depends on what you're after, whether that's exclusivity and rarity or something you can enjoy. I have a feeling the A/C cars will hold their value better because you can actually live with them in the summer, when most people will drive these. Autotrader prices have reflected this when you see some of the non-AC cars being on the lower end of the price spectrum.

Some of the guys here have gotten their Zs for low 40s, so that's definitely an awesome price point for a low mileage Z if you're planning to keep it for a while, if you can wait I suppose there is no telling how long prices will go.

If you haven't driven one I'd definitely recommend spending some time in one before making a decision. The 1LE is one of the best handling cars for a street driver.

my advice>>> 46k with a fresh set of trofeos.... now that would be a nice deal:)

I did an update. It is in fact an a/c car, probably should have edited the first post.

There's really no way for me to test drive one. It's too cold here. I doubt that it's entirely different from my current 1LE. Most likely the same "feel" just taken to another level. I'm sure I'll love it!

28Days 03-20-2018 07:52 PM

Paid $42k for mine white a/c 1,300 miles basically brand new. I sent the dealer an ad from another dealer for another z28 at a similar price and said I liked his white Z more but the other price better, what can you do for me? It worked.. GL with the purchase, no regrets here you won't find a better platform anywhere for the price Imo.

jlwdvm 03-21-2018 08:44 AM

I paid $41K for an A/C car with 3500 miles, brand new Pilot SS, with tow hooks, wheel spats already installed. Bought it sight unseen and I had never driven one. Heck, I had only seen one in person a couple times! The dealer also paid to ship it from Dallas to Iowa.

MrRaZ28 03-21-2018 01:05 PM

Chiming in here for the club of buying sight unseen. 43k miles with brand new S-04's, $36k for it. Did it all over the phone and email and had it done in 5 hours on a Wednesday. Drove down to Austin the following Saturday morning to pick it up. Over 4k miles, and 2 track days since October and couldn't be happier.

1970judge 03-21-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy2tehBone (Post 10116985)
Chiming in here for the club of buying sight unseen. 43k miles with brand new S-04's, $36k for it. Did it all over the phone and email and had it done in 5 hours on a Wednesday. Drove down to Austin the following Saturday morning to pick it up. Over 4k miles, and 2 track days since October and couldn't be happier.

Sight unseen for me, 45k for 3k miles. Shipped from TX to MI

Chulai 03-21-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinZ28 (Post 10115648)

This^^ I’ve always heard “I’ve never seen a hearse with a luggage rack.”

nmarklowitz 03-22-2018 09:58 AM

I'm going to pick up a 15' z/28 w/ac 3500 miles for 44,500. At this price it is a steal. Typical listing price from my research is right around that 47k mark. If you could squeeze them on price a bit I think paying 45-46 for the car you're probably doing alright.

joelster 03-22-2018 07:42 PM

Update again:

Good things come to those who wait! I left there Monday night and never called or texted. When I left we were stuck at $23000 for mine (I mistook when I said 23500 a few posts up) and $46700 for the Z28. We were about $3k-$3500 off from where I wanted it to be. A lot of you guys told me to jump on it and not worry about it, but I knew the ball was in my court. That car has been there for over 2 months.

He texted me $46200 for the Z28 and he'd give me $25500 for mine. A $3000 difference which pays all of the sales tax plus $1200 extra! Woot! I pick it up Saturday. I'm excited to say the least.