Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   GM Extended Warranty (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281854)

'11 cyber grey vert 03-11-2013 10:58 AM

from my understanding,
the frame and motor are covered.
the fabric top and water management bag/drain tubes are not.

I would have been extremely happy if all was covered except for perhaps the fabric top (since this is a wear item) but was very disappointed that water penetration is excluded (hence no coverage on the water bag)

you may want to double check this.

theragtopguy 03-11-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babytiger (Post 6268389)
Per the phone call I made on this very thing, the 'mechanism' is covered, but NOT the fabric, headliner etc.

This is exactly what I was told by the dealer.....doesn't matter because I cashed mine back in, plan on trading it in after another year anyways before the 3 yrs - 36k warranty is up.

motorhead2011 03-25-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert (Post 6272044)
from my understanding,
the frame and motor are covered.
the fabric top and water management bag/drain tubes are not.

I would have been extremely happy if all was covered except for perhaps the fabric top (since this is a wear item) but was very disappointed that water penetration is excluded (hence no coverage on the water bag)

you may want to double check this.

They finally got back to me and said the only thing with the top that is covered is the motor.The fabric,frame,bag, ect are not. They did give me a reference number to refer to if i have any problems and said they would try to work with me to satisfy me. I'm sure i can take that to the bank.

cam62 03-25-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead2011 (Post 6331792)
I'm sure i can take that to the bank.

I hope I'm interpreting the above comment as sarcasm.

heff 03-25-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead2011 (Post 6265089)
So i went to my dealer yesterday to purchase a gm extended warranty for my vert.I was surprized and disappointed to see it did not cover the convertable top.Guess that says somthing about their confidence in their product!

Looks like you have a pace car, do you drive it so much that you need an extended warranty? I've always believed they are a waste of money even on a daily driver.

motorhead2011 03-26-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam62 (Post 6331815)
I hope I'm interpreting the above comment as sarcasm.

Yes you are correct .

motorhead2011 03-26-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heff (Post 6333117)
Looks like you have a pace car, do you drive it so much that you need an extended warranty? I've always believed they are a waste of money even on a daily driver.

I'm not going to put a alot of miles on it but i am going to enjoy it. It doesn't take much of a repair anymore to cover the cost of the extended warranty. If i decide to go with something different i can always cash it in for some of it's value.