Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Underage Camaro Drivers Poll (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41509)

PQ 09-08-2009 07:18 PM

Ok, I voted frown. But only because an option for me was not availabe. I would have voted 'As long as it's a V6'

Which yours is.

1320junkie 09-08-2009 07:23 PM

If you are legal age to drive which is 16 you are not underage. Some peoples financial situations are different and you can noot automatically assume that he is some spoiled kid since his or if his parents are buying him a car...we don't know the deal that was made nor how he was raised....I got a Corvette when I was 16..sane kid and a responsible adult now...any car can get you in trouble...

cab2g 09-08-2009 07:23 PM

You're a bad driver for years. You just don't know it. I think that's the only reason not to have a 426HP RWD car in the first few years of your driving life. You're gonna make many mistakes and a lot will be close calls. The easier the car is to handle, the less chance you'll have of making the mistakes though. I think that's why a lot of people post negative responses when younger people say they're getting a Camaro.

Some people of course will post negative responses out of jealousy. Try to filter those out and listen to others that try to give good advice when they're trying to teach you life lessons :)

patriotpa 09-08-2009 07:46 PM

Gotta crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run.

ljustin293 09-08-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriotpa (Post 899060)
Gotta crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run.

yep..and you can wreck just a fast in a camaro as you can in an accord or whatever

levi1922 09-08-2009 07:58 PM

however, many, many teen drivers equipped with an SUV or truck, flip them by over correcting. that is just about not an option with a camaro. so by getting your young driver a camaro are reducing the risk of a one car roll over accident. Every one makes bad choices, regardless of age. i will not argue that they make the same number of bad choices, but we all make them.

with a great car, comes great responsibility.

Rockytophummer 09-08-2009 07:59 PM

I frown because I think it's way to much power for such immature people. I'm not trying to dog you by calling you immature and not trying to male you mad. But I was 16 once and I may have thought I was mature and new everything but believe me you don't. Just be safe thess cars have alot of power especially for a beginner driver. Also like someone else stated if your actually working and paying for this car then I think alot better. Maybe if younger drivers are having to actually pay for the car maybe you will drive it a little bit better. Regardless just be safe don't want to see another statistic.

FenwickHockey65 09-08-2009 08:00 PM

Just be responsible and don't do anything stupid.

stp1977 09-08-2009 08:02 PM

Age is just a number if you can afford it, good for you.

Ject 09-08-2009 08:19 PM

I frown upon it mainly because of lack of experience on the road.
Great car to drive none the less..... just lack of experience.

There is a reason insurance companies label teens as 'high risk'

1320junkie 09-08-2009 08:25 PM

Hey I seen older guys wrecking their V6 and SS camaros left and right...so far on this site none of the teens that own them have wrecked...makes you wonder

Rtoups 09-08-2009 08:27 PM

I'll be 18 when my car arrives. Statistically, teenagers are bad drivers. Statistically, teenagers made dumb decisions. But there are outliers. There are those who are very mature for their age. I don't drive recklessly. I won't let my friends drive the car. I'll take care of it as best as possible. I don't street race. I don't drink and drive. I learned to drive on a 420HP Jaguar XF Supercharged, so a lot of power going to the rear wheels isn't totally new. And I'm getting the V6.

I also have to look around, but I believe elderly drivers get in as many, if not more, accidents than teenagers. Yet, if an elderly person came here and asked "Do you think it's ok if I got a Camaro?", everyone would encourage him to do so. This doesn't bring in the monetary situation.

All I'm asking is that everyone should try to avoid generalizing. If someone was fortunate enough to receive a Camaro at 16 or 17 or 18, than one can't assume they are just a spoiled brat.

surfgun 09-08-2009 08:41 PM

I'll say it again. They jack up the cost of my insurance! Because they make lot's of claims or have claims against them for bumping a bumper at 5 mph, scraping their door against a post at the McDonald's, or drive in the wet to fast and off the road into some trees'.

surfgun 09-08-2009 08:47 PM

Previous post in regards to the SS. The younger folks have fun with a V6 A6!