Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   MyLink Information for Developers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315327)

45thCamaro 09-01-2013 09:43 AM

I just put my wife into a 2013 equinox with mylink. It doesn't have navigation or anything like that, but would these apps still be available for that unit? I'm unsure what firmware it is running. I could always run out and look.

The Stig 09-01-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCamaro (Post 6968203)
I just put my wife into a 2013 equinox with mylink. It doesn't have navigation or anything like that, but would these apps still be available for that unit? I'm unsure what firmware it is running. I could always run out and look.

Gracenote, Pandora, and Stitcher should be available.

Can you post what version you're running?

nyrfan 09-01-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6964278)
Wanted to let people know that the current MyLink version has red light cameras as a POI

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...ps745c6ca7.jpg

Do you have the red light as on option in the POI's or is just comes up on the navigation?

Sent from my 2SS/RS

45thCamaro 09-01-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6968269)
Gracenote, Pandora, and Stitcher should be available.

Can you post what version you're running?

We have pandora and stitcher. I am not sure about grace note. My wife just went out I will check when she comes home. I think the biggest thing I would want for my camaro is the updated integration with the iPhone. When I make calls now, I have to say voice, wait for the phone to make the beep and then say who I want to call. Not a huge problem, but I've noticed that when I make calls that was, it comes up as an unknown call on the radio and HUD

The Stig 09-01-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 6968371)
Do you have the red light as on option in the POI's or is just comes up on the navigation?

Sent from my 2SS/RS

It's one of the POI's.

The Stig 09-01-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCamaro (Post 6968395)
We have pandora and stitcher. I am not sure about grace note. My wife just went out I will check when she comes home. I think the biggest thing I would want for my camaro is the updated integration with the iPhone. When I make calls now, I have to say voice, wait for the phone to make the beep and then say who I want to call. Not a huge problem, but I've noticed that when I make calls that was, it comes up as an unknown call on the radio and HUD

Do you not have the "Phone" icon on your home screen? I click that and it has my whole address book - well ish, it doesn't let me scroll past a certain point (think I have too many contacts). But if I press and hold the "Call" button on the steering wheel for a few seconds it activates Siri.

nyrfan 09-01-2013 12:22 PM

MyLink Information for Developers

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6968475)
It's one of the POI's.

Guess I need a flash. Can you post a pic showing the option so I can show to my dealer.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

nyrfan 09-01-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6968478)
Do you not have the "Phone" icon on your home screen? I click that and it has my whole address book - well ish, it doesn't let me scroll past a certain point (think I have too many contacts). But if I press and hold the "Call" button on the steering wheel for a few seconds it activates Siri.

I have the phone book but not the Siri option and thank god cause I hate that bitch. Lol

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Glen e 09-01-2013 12:55 PM

Siri not a hook up yet....

The Stig 09-01-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 6968507)
Guess I need a flash. Can you post a pic showing the option so I can show to my dealer.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

It's not an option on its own, it's in one of the sub categories. I want to say its under automotive - but will fiddle with the options later today and find out for sure.

Also - Siri isn't an option on its own either, I think it's just integrated into the Bluetooth.

nyrfan 09-01-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6968692)
It's not an option on its own, it's in one of the sub categories. I want to say its under automotive - but will fiddle with the options later today and find out for sure.

Also - Siri isn't an option on its own either, I think it's just integrated into the Bluetooth.

If you can let me know which sub it's under that would be great. Siri works for me if I pushed from the phone, just not the call button on the steering wheel.

Thanks!

Sent from my 2SS/RS

45thCamaro 09-01-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6968478)

Yes pretty sure we do, she should be home in a few. I'm going to try and sync my iPad. It has Siri on it, our phones don't (iPhone 4). I will report back shortly. I need to look up to see if there is any update for the old radio in the camaro.

The Stig 09-01-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCamaro (Post 6968714)
Yes pretty sure we do, she should be home in a few. I'm going to try and sync my iPad. It has Siri on it, our phones don't (iPhone 4). I will report back shortly. I need to look up to see if there is any update for the old radio in the camaro.

Oh yea sorry, should have mentioned. The Siri feature only works if your phone has Siri (ie a 4S or a 5).

The Stig 09-01-2013 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So......I can't get the camera POI back. Even if I enable all of them they aren't showing up anymore. Dammit.

I also have a new icon on my home screen. Text messages. Going to have to pull the log files to see if an update was pushed to the car.

Attachment 552419