Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8624)

fixxer56 10-21-2008 11:12 AM

Anyone have opinions on ordering the reproduction stripe kits for 68-69 camaros and putting them on their new rides? It looks like the 69 hockey stripe kit would fit with no problem at all...

Hylton 10-21-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxer56 (Post 167061)
Anyone have opinions on ordering the reproduction stripe kits for 68-69 camaros and putting them on their new rides? It looks like the 69 hockey stripe kit would fit with no problem at all...

Are you offering to be the guinea pig? ;)

D1BADZ 10-21-2008 12:08 PM

so if "All hood stripes also run down the trunk lid"

Can someone provide a pic of the truck lid view or a photoshop of what the
single stripe will look like.

I looked at the pics that Gm had and I didnt notice anything in the truck Lid.

Thanks

TAG UR IT 10-21-2008 12:09 PM

Eek. I've seen only one pic so far of the single rear stripe...have no idea where it would be.

Anyone?

Hylton 10-21-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1BADZ (Post 167133)
so if "All hood stripes also run down the trunk lid"

Can someone provide a pic of the truck lid view or a photoshop of what the
single stripe will look like.

I looked at the pics that Gm had and I didnt notice anything in the truck Lid.

Thanks

Doesn't that red car with all the ground effects and wing spoiler show it?

rolnslo 10-21-2008 12:13 PM

Yes, it shows a single stripe but just a mockup with tape.

http://www.nextautos.com/files/image...06.preview.jpg

D1BADZ 10-21-2008 12:18 PM

Your right http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=body+kit

dont know how I missed it? But That looks really good, I like how it goes down in between the Taillights even.

So as for black as a color, should we expect a flat black or satin black or is it a gloss black?

Pics are kinda decieving. Thanks

Hylton 10-21-2008 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just added the point about getting the black out decal for the back panel when you order the hockey stick stripes. I wonder what color that black out panel decal is for someone who orders the white or Cyber Grey hockey stick package? :iono:

In the years '67-'70, all big block Camaros got the black out tailpan treatment even if the hockey stick stripes were white.

lalometalik 10-21-2008 12:50 PM

just curious, but why dont the stripes run along the top of the roof??? :iono:
i always figured that was the case...

Hylton 10-21-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalometalik (Post 167186)
just curious, but why dont the stripes run along the top of the roof??? :iono:
i always figured that was the case...

Stripes have never run along the roof of a Camaro in the past. It's in keeping with the heritage. Shelby Mustangs of the 60's had their stripes run along the roof.

lalometalik 10-21-2008 12:54 PM

cool thanks!

Rodrunner 10-27-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 165654)
There are pictures of the hockey stick stripes on this board under the accesories thread and if you go to Chevrolets Canadian camaro site, there is a film clip showing Ed Welburne looking over the rally stripe package on a silver car.

The Rally stripes must fit the SS (mailslot) and non SS cars. Having the Rally stripes flow into the mailslot area would be hell to install at a dealership.

Sorry, but I don't understand why you consider the Mel Welburne video on the Canadian Camaro site proof of the way the production rally stripes will be. You don't think they would make a different set of stripes for the SS that were two pieces, each hood stripe, to ease installation?

:blackvertshift: 2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08

Hylton 10-27-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodrunner (Post 173490)
Sorry, but I don't understand why you consider the Mel Welburne video on the Canadian Camaro site proof of the way the production rally stripes will be. You don't think they would make a different set of stripes for the SS that were two pieces, each hood stripe, to ease installation?

:blackvertshift: 2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08

No I don't think they will because it's cheaper just to have one generic rally stripe style that can be used on both cars. JohnnyCamaro (who is the Camaro accessories manager) has come on here and stated what will be offered. He never said that the rally stripes would be available in 2 different packages. If that were to be the case then the V6 and V8 front ends would require their own LPO number to differentiate the part numbers and we would have 10 rally stripe kits instead of the announced 5.

ZYAL8R 10-27-2008 11:47 PM

I've always been a monochrome fan, but I'm really starting to see stripes in my future. It just seems like they belong on my new SS!