Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ok its not a grocery getter (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141447)

mikel441 04-16-2011 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The trunk holds plenty of stuff!

ss=scuba steve 04-16-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 3102172)
You guys are so foolish...clearly none of you went with the grocery getter option on the 2SS or LT....

...shame on you all now. It was well worth the tree fiddy I spent...

Tree fiddy? What you gonna do with tree fiddy sasquatch?

Iroczlover 04-16-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Dallas (Post 3101553)
I've had no problem putting 4-6 bags of groceries in mine...

it was waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than 6 bags of groceries lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurushio (Post 3101565)
It's only a couple cubic feet short of most sedans really. I think the camaro has about 11 cubic feet and maybe a big trunk on a car would be about 14-15. Thats still pretty decent. Try getting 500 worth of groceries in a 4th gen lol.

its about the same

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddball (Post 3101570)
and exactly how long did it take you to figure THAT out?:iono::facepalm:

the first trip, was $150 at the commissary

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveagogo1 (Post 3102071)
It works just fine as a grocery getter. NOT for someone buying in massive bulk. Then again buying $500 of food in one shot isn't exactly within the norm of grocery shopping.

normally its not, but we didnt go shopping two weeks ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Bowtie (Post 3102236)
At todays prices 500 bucks worth of groceries isn't that much.:facepalm:

when you shop at outlit stores & the commissary it is
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom (Post 3102243)
A Costco run is NOT your basic grocery trip....

Dont do costco shopping lol.

snokid 04-16-2011 01:05 PM

500.00 what's that like 3 bags of food??? have you seen the prices of food lately???

lol

nice story, must of looked funny going down the road looking like a homeless person living out of their car!!!

Bob

Fogey 04-16-2011 01:07 PM

Two issues...

1. opening is too small for my big red cooler. Hand to buy a smaller one.
2. Don't you guys putting bikes in there worry about screwing up the speakers and wires hanging down? The speaker stuff needs a cover

NavyDood 04-16-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iroczlover (Post 3102685)
the first trip, was $150 at the commissary.

I easily get twice the groceries if not more from shopping at the Commissary. Military Commissaries do not have to make a profit, which by the way is government mandated. If they lose money so what. The military exchanges on the other hand have to make a profit. If they don't they can be shut down.

eflynnbot 04-16-2011 03:38 PM

Beside the oh so obvious how much junk can you stuff in her trunk jokes, I would urge you to go on a diet. You just ate a brand new CAI! Instead of stockin up on HO HO's put that money back into mods. Somebody needs to set your priorities straight.

just joking of course. buy all the Ho Ho's you want.

Iroczlover 04-16-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eflynnbot (Post 3103068)
Beside the oh so obvious how much junk can you stuff in her trunk jokes, I would urge you to go on a diet. You just ate a brand new CAI! Instead of stockin up on HO HO's put that money back into mods. Somebody needs to set your priorities straight.

just joking of course. buy all the Ho Ho's you want.

joking not aside, I have two teenage kids that need to be feed. & one that can eat 24hrs aday & not put an oz of weight on. & no junk food was in that but stuff for easter. hell when does 20lbs of ground turkey became junk food, Hell I dont even shop at normal stores unless I have a boat load of coupons.

SlingShot 04-16-2011 03:51 PM

I put about $200 worth every week in mine without any problems. I did learn you have to tie the bags though or by the time I get home, everything is rolling around in the trunk.

Zhawk 04-16-2011 04:10 PM

You guys have never been grocery shopping with me. I get a LOT of groceries for the buck. We really filled up the Camaro with groceries. It all fit, but it was close.

And sheesh, a sense of humour from some of you would be nice. lol

Lazerbrainz2k3 04-16-2011 04:46 PM

I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of $500 worth of groceries. Me, I have trouble getting to $100, and no trouble getting that in the car, rear seat up. That's the advantage of being young, single, and childless, I guess. lol

eflynnbot 04-16-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iroczlover (Post 3103086)
joking not aside, I have two teenage kids that need to be feed. & one that can eat 24hrs aday & not put an oz of weight on. & no junk food was in that but stuff for easter. hell when does 20lbs of ground turkey became junk food, Hell I dont even shop at normal stores unless I have a boat load of coupons.

No really. I was kidding. I thought the Junk in the Trunk comment set that tone. but my apologies.

But holy crap that is a lot of ground turkey. What do you make with that much?

Iroczlover 04-16-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eflynnbot (Post 3103241)
No really. I was kidding. I thought the Junk in the Trunk comment set that tone. but my apologies.

But holy crap that is a lot of ground turkey. What do you make with that much?

thats about a 2 months worth of meals, meatball casserole, spaghetti, tacos & anything else I can think of to get this family to eat lol .

lol I try to cook the best meals I can for these guys.

mwayne7571 04-16-2011 05:23 PM

There is a button under the mat in the trunk! Hold down for 3 seconds and Chuck Norris will appear and eat the $500.00 Worth of Groceries!